Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Technician

The staff is well experienced and goes out of their way to help out customers. The management is good and keeps everyone on their toes. Manager pushes for excellency
Constant customer service fast paced environment friendly employees working alone is the hardest part enjoyable part is when customers are satisfied with there product and service.
Pros
get one hour lunch break depending on how long the shift is
Cons
too much work for one person to handle
The worst job I have ever done. Work condition is dirty, customer's cars are beyond filthy, Management is absurd and slow. They keep changing the schedule whenever they want. They think technician is expendable and replaceable. They just don't care. The wage is extremely low which is as same as greeters in front of the door. Just walk away is the best advice I can give.
Pros
Cons
Countless
Busy store and very stressful to serve customer in time. Overall it is good place to learn and aqure knowlege. There is less chance to get inter position in walmart
If you work here as management you can do as you please. working as a entry level employee you are treated poorly. this company looks out for themselves
A good place to work, nothing wrong with the people and management is very understandable. It's a great place to work but I just need to broaden my spectrum.
I have been away for a while (vacation) and they (management) and the manager still accommodated me and gave a spot anytime I will work again with them.
Working at Walmarts Tire and Lube Express was not a fun place to be, working here meant that you had to apologize to customers constantly for not being able to work on their vehicles. Two workers had to be certified to actually work on the vehicles and one worker was always certified while the other one was never.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Disorganized management
I enjoyed my many years at Walmart, it was a great stepping stone for my career and I made a lot of friends and gained a lot of skills while employed there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
I liked it and it helped me with my resume. Also has many jobs to choose from. I can look for jobs and I can contact the companies. I will be visiting this site alot
* i used to fix different electronic devices. * i learnt about new electronic devices and also got better at customer service.
I am proud to be part of the PhotoLab team in Walmart. I would say they are fun to work with. Our job and task in the Photolab is stressfull but when you are working with a great team it will make the job lighter. We do a great job in our work and what is best in our team is that we help each other.
I don't know about other Walmarts, but when I worked in Oshawa was when I had my first, and best job experiences. My manager was excellent and thoroughly knowledgeable about camera's, products and the photolab, so it made the position incredibly easy to learn. Being inside the electronics department as well gave me a thorough understanding on how to work there as well. I loved working with the printer the most, especially when it needed to be cleaned and fixed. The photolab was definitely my favourite job.
Pros
Discounts and excellent managers/co-workers
Cons
We worked with outside companies that were very harsh with us
a typical day at work is printing off people's photo orders from in-store orders and online.I provide customer service by helping customers print off photos from the kodak kiosks as well as make other photo gifts.
My typical day at work is that I helped people if they needed. The management there are pretty nice, loved working with them as well as my co-workers, they assist whenever it is needed. There was not really any hardest part of the job, but there were issues with the machine which backed us up that is about it. I enjoyed working with everyone, and loved the job.
Out of the four full time ladies in the lab, I am the only one who does the stocking for our department, and for batteries. Time management is very important to succeed, as I am alone most of the time so I have to do what I can in the lab while I am alone, so that when coverage comes I can go and do my floor work. Marking off merchandise on a truck report to ensure we get what we are supposed to, going back to upc/invoicing if there is mistakes. Binning any overstock that I might have. I don't get paid anything extra for doing the stock work, which is what I hate the most. What I do enjoy, is the fact that I get to be the first one who sees the new cameras we get. Learning how to set modulars, having appropriate signage throughout the departments is crucial. Communication has really diminished between coworkers, and in the lab you need to communicate. So many customers come and go, some have special requests such as slide orders or negative orders and some are very picky with what they want. If it's due for a certain time, but what they want isn't written down well they of course get upset. There is also alot of maintenance that had to be learned. Changing all of the chemical in the main printer, and the film processor, changing paper magazines, running control strips, how to break into a film canister if needed, changing ribbon/paper on the kiosks. There is alot to this job, and I get paid the least out of all the girls and I don't feel that is fair to me, especially when I am the only one working stock for photolab and batteries. It's really hard to think of absolutely everything, - more...
Pros
Getting to see the beautiful pictures people take on their travels!
Cons
Underpaid
Its a pretty easy job, low impact and plenty of sitting time. it was poorly managed with its personnel. Felt disposable and under appreciated. Coworkers were great, but a little gossipy Loved working in an artistic environment.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
inconsistent hours, little pay, no appreciation
allot of people that work there are nice, smart and professional but some of management have allot of ego problems and are rude to both customers and associates.
Pros
all brakes given and good stepping stone for a future better job
Cons
rude, unforgiving, dead end.