Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

I think everyone should start a first job in the retail/food industry. You learn so much, such as learning how to deal with difficult customers, using customer service to speak appropriately on the phone, etc. Those types of jobs are where you learn the basic skills you need for any workplace.
This is an excellent place to work if you can live on barely above minimum wage but most people need full time 40+ hours at minimum wage . Most ppl get 30 hrs a week.
Some things to consider when working for Walmart CA as opposed to working for Walmart US: * All stores close in Canada usually by 11pm if not sooner every day and are not 24 hours * Various products that are featured in United States stores are not available in Canada * Orders from walmart.com cannot be shipped to Canada and orders from walmart.ca cannot be shipped to the United States
Best place to work as a student/Part-Time. Flexible shifts. Good hours. Awesome management. Highly recommend working here if you’re new to the country or are a student. Good luck.
Good Management and colleagues. Always keeps busy. Good experience for a newcomer in Canada. Steady inflow of customer keeps you busy, no matter what time of the year it is.
Walmart was a great place to work, I highly enjoyed it and had fun with everyone I worked with! However I had to leave because the hours were not what I was looking for.
I've learned a lot the years that I worked at Walmart. I've learned how to deal and mingle with my Superiors,Co-Workers and Customers. Walmart is a place that helped me to to become flexible in all areas and aspects.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
It's exactly what you expect working for Walmart to be. That's about all I got for you. I like helping people out, and this position provided that outlet.
Most jobs there are quite simple to complete without messing up however you can never do a good job unless you profit Walmart. You may have done something incredible in your department but unless you made Walmart money or you got someone to apply for their mastercard they won't acknowledge it.
Pros
Great bonuses, easy to change work schedule
Cons
They only care about getting master card applicants
I love my job here, most customers are great which makes the day great! The management is good. Easy job and good work environment. Many benefits and flexible hours.
Walmart is a very busy and demanding workplace. We are always instituting new processes to promote productivity and innovation. In my 12 years with the company, I have learned all aspects of the business and how to effectively manage diverse teams of associates. The hardest part of the job would be planning how to effectively manage freight flow but I am quite successful in my areas. The most enjoyable parts of the job are seeing results out of the talent I have developed and the excitement of driving sales.
Hard place to work, very very busy, if you thrive under pressure this would be a great work environment. Management was not that great. I would book time off with 2 months in advance and they would not give it to me, and I would have to find people to cover on my own. Were patronizing and rude. Loved my coworkers.. we always had a lot of fun Customers were horrible and obnoxious.. I worked customer service desk and had a couple people throw things and was yelled at several times, however, that's possible to happen anywhere you work.
Pros
Some free lunches, "family" environment
Cons
long hours, busy day
i love working here the managers are awesome the work is fun and everyone has your back. Walmart is very accomodating and the environment is friendly. i feel like the people i work with are my family
Great place to work, it teaches you lots of skills and great for new to the work force individuals.
Pros
Easy work
Assisting customers with their exchanges and returns Learned how to multitasking between answering the phone Hardest part of my job was dealing with customers when they are angry.
WalMart was a great place to work. Management was very nice and understanding, and they were fair about rules, policies and hours. Also, the employees in the store were a pleasure to work with. Everyone was friendly and helpful! Upon being hired, the starting wage was fair and determined by experience. Overall, a very good job to have had!
Most associates are very hard working and friendly but those who don't help out as much get away with it too easily. A job well done isn't always appreciated and the hours are not very flexible. Benefits are only available to those who have been full time employees for at least 6 months and there is very little opportunity to become a full time associate.
Pros
very friendly people work there and most of the managers are great.
Cons
you either get hardly any hours or you have trouble booking time off when you need it.
  1. Technical Support Specialist