Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Team Member

Busy , nice environment, I will recommend this worksite for being able to have full length of hours working in this particular place requires you to work in freezer gear
Chronic understaffing resulted in excessive workloads for the employees. We could never keep up and the warehouse was a mess. Most management was great, but they did nothing to fix the problems. Maybe there was nothing they could do, which is honestly worse.
Benefits are good but pay is okay . And management is really biased . No free lunch. Really cheap company. No overtime. Sends part timers home after 4 hours every day
Cons
U literally can't book a day off . U ask them it's gonna be a no
Easy, repetitive job if working on cash. Gets lonely if working on individual till but more fun if working on the express line with multiple tills. Irregular hours and horrible paychecks, but easy, laidback simple and calm atmosphere. oh yeah, and long break times and lunches.
Pros
Fun, laidback, easy, simple, straightforward, long breaks & lunches
Cons
irregular hours, low paychecks
When it was SCM it was a pleasurable place to work, since become Walmart had been bad and every year is worse, management is terrible and they don’t listen and aren’t reasonable to talk, dispite of THEIR POLICY “ DOOR OPEN”, that’s just to make you feel trusty, but if you want to talk, management always going to have the reason, if you want to make a career and climb the ladder you need to be a favourite for them and that has nothing to do with your development on your duties, lots of people never had working in a warehouse before and after 1 year they become TL or even manager; so basically and literally you have to ki** a** Schedules are terrible and if you wanna change it’s a hole long process unless as I said you are “favourite”, the PPE is bad lately they tell you, you need to buy your own gloves i.e., they treat you as a robot or even as an animal they use you only for work work work, if you say something then you’re part of the black list and you don’t deserve anything, when you ask for something if they don’t like you you won’t never get what you ask for, managent humiliate the workers and make you feel frustrated.
Pros
Benefits, 10% discount.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible job environment, terrible TL’s
when i worked at Walmart i was in a temporary set up team worker. i worked at cleaning the bathrooms and store floors. i stocked shelves and binned products
Pros
The discount card
Cons
Picking when required. Cycle count - prime and reserve. Lots of learning. great people to work relaxed work atmosphere. great place to work Please of all culture. Poor management.
while I was employed at Wal Mart I learned alot of new things, I worked in the jewelry department, meat department as well. The associates and management was very professional there.
Pros
some of the extra's that they offered at the time
Cons
certain times of the year they would cut hours
Many reviews have been written about working at walmart at all different levels. I think the main systemic issue at the logistics level are multi layered. First, every non management receives the same pay increase regardless of work ethic, contribution, skill and ability. Understandably, it may be difficult to review thousands of people, but this can lead to dissatisfaction amongst the best workers and a systemic morale issue. Secondly, decisions are made at a level so far removed from the day to day operations. This causes a huge disconnect and disparity between what the expected results are and the reality of the situation. Over all, people feel unappreciated and this leads to a drop off in quality workers.
I am not reviewing anything as this is not needed on any level of work so the rest of this is just filler so i can finish uploading my resumes anyways.
It's a good company to work for its friendly environment the only problem is under hours you don't get you full hours apart from the I would say it's a good place to work
Pros
Cons
Under hours
This organization is the best company in my career of job in Canada. I would rate this company as 9 out of 10. The responsibilities I had done were very professional and I had enjoyed a lot my service period in Walmart Logistics Canada.
It was alright management were incompetent most of the time. The managers were intolerant of commitments outside of the workplace.
a very good place to work. u learn a lot here and earn too much. u got a lot of services like medical coverage. u got flexible hours and and shifts. everyone understans your situation.
A great place to work. I learned a lot from Walmart like the logistics part of the business. I also learned how to work with team members and I was also part of the health and safety team.
Very friendly, competitive and multicultural work environment with great benefits. Very helpful and supportive Team Leader and Management along with co-workers. Greater equal opportunity to grow for everyone in the department of their expertise within the organization.
I was or am enjoying every companies wherever I am/was working. On nature of company of the company, I learnt too many experiences. Management were all fabulous and co-workers are/were very helpful and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was, if it is/was out of knowledge or beyond my experience. Enjoying the new job natures, meeting with new friend or co-workers and obviously the new challenge were my enjoyable part of my job life in each organization.
I would start my day counting my till, opening my lane, ring in the customers orders and cashing them out, helping them when i had a chance. When i was not attending cash I would ask to go to stationary to organizes products on shelfs until I was need back at cash. At the end of my shift I would count my till again.
Pros
10% off everything in the store