Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for TLE Associate

worked 9 years at walmart in New Brunswick. It was great really liked it. Moved to GP, AB and the way things are run and no one cares here, I left within a month.
you don't get 10% off EVERYTHING like they say on their postings.. if it's on sale, you don't get any discount.. your no better then the customer. management treats employees like robots. Makes you work 2 ppls jobs and pay you min. Wage. If you transfer, you lose your profit sharing cheque in April, you lose your years of service badge.. you start over. Big wigs put that into their pockets
Not that great of an experience. Equipment doesn't work, management cares little about safety and wants people to dump unmarked chemicals in a drum. Not worth the headache or safety concerns on what they pay. Stay away from the Kelowna at all costs if you want to keep your sanity and soul.
Pros
Cons
Unsafe workplace, management is racist and sexist
Walmart managers had me on edge at all times. I was always getting plucked away from my department to perform useless other tasks that could be considered grunt work
Work is physically demanding (heavy lifting, bending, stretching, reaching, etc) but perpetual under-staffing combined with a loophole in the labor laws means you could end up working up to ten days in a row without a break.
Pros
1 hour for lunch; working away from customers
Cons
Potentially long work week; lunches are unpaid hours.
the management was no good. could not proceed intended job with out harassment of assisting other department that i am not authorized to do while current department is busy.
Pros
meet lots of new faces
Cons
managment
Walmart is terrible. They the least but demand the most. Some staff are really great but mostly it's just a lot of gossip & back stabbing, management included. Walmart can do whatever they want to whoever they want, they are bullies really. I never want to even step foot into a Walmart ever again. I wish they had stars with minuses in front of them, my rating would be minus 5 stars. You can bet that you won't see this review up for long, this Walmart's site, they'll remove it.
Pros
None!