Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Support Specialist

My tenure at Walmart taught me the value of working as a team to create the best product possible. Many individual projects are great but only when they are brought together does the quality show. On a normal day I would work on my part of the overall Space Project handing it over to others to utilise. I drew fixtures allowing other members of the team to take the drawing apply it to a planogram and add merchandise. This single drawing then had the potential to allow accurate ordering of both product and fixture therefore lessening the overstock of product at store level. This drawing also would only be ordered for stores needing it, smaller stores would never see it come through the door. This and the day to day training of the my over all team to utilise this fixture and system gave me such great joy. The hardest part of my duty would be what most people would say, work load and prioritizing. I am lucky that my time in my position and my management group enabled me to see the load arriving and be prepared for that onslaught.
Pros
Team work and family focus
Cons
Work Load
Our team was strong and able to forge ahead with new projects with full management support. We were encouraged to be innovative and go get what we needed to create the computer based materials needed to train and improve our overall division. Like any business sometime new innovations are met with the why do we need to change attitude. That just made our team work harder with positive results. One cannot argue positive results.
Pros
Team became a family
Cons
Splitting up the family