Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Support Manager

As a student if you want to work then Walmart is good for you but then that’s about it. It’s not good to work nor too bad to work at Walmart. I worked day shifts as well as night shifts too but must say night shifts are the worst
Highly recommend this for someone who is a student and is searching for a part time job just for financial support. I started as a associate and the saw me as a hard working guy so they promoted me as a support manager within 3 months.
Long hours overnights Insane expectations Lazy management Must work if sick Very little perks for better positions Tiny lunch area shared with hundreds of employees, no safe spots for belongings
If you have left last resort to work then only choose walmart otherwise it is not at all a good place to work They pay very less wages and blood sucking work will burden your shoulder always and forever not a single day will go by when you will have a relaxed day no appreciation And management will not let you grow in your field at all
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Slavery work
I enjoyed the people I was given occasion to work with, unfortunately there was little actual support or sympathy from upper management If you can hold your own and willing to play the favorites game it's a good place ( management opportunities ) ( Double standards ). people care about you. Over all a great experience. some negatives but well worth the time I spent there.
Pros
Benefits, other employees, Training. opportunity to move and grow
Cons
Long weeks. 8 to 9 days in a row, days off usually split, some management staff can make experience negative ( double standards )
Very stressful environment. Most time expectation is unrealistic given the limited resources. Great place for people without university education. However, if you are a graduate from a college or University you will be disappointed.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Low rate of pay
Customer Service A lot of learning Dealing with associates be a team player Dealing with different kinds of managers Develop leadership a chance to move to the next level
Cons
Fulltime
A lot of management is hired from outside of walmart and have no idea what there doing with limited good training for the actual job before hand. Expectation also vary from store. I enjoyed my job till the store manager changed and the store dynamic changed a lot.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
management
To be honest, I'm leaving on fairly bad terms. I really like most of my coworkers, and much of my management team. I don't like my store manager, whom has decided that because he personally dislikes me, he needs to remove me from my job and gift the position to someone he does like. The story is a long one, but would only be anonymously well-backed by many coworkers, over the last 14 months or so. I'm sure this recent experience is tainting my review a little, but I just can't help it right now. Walmart has a bad morale right now as they have tried to restructure the way they do things, and it just isn't working out the way it was expected. I have to admit, begrudgingly, that Walmart has kept me going for the last four years or so, but through a couple of life altering experiences, they just didn't stand behind me the way I had hoped.
Pros
The people are reasonably nice, and there are lots of opportunities to begin moving up.
Cons
If you don't drink the blue Kool-aid, you can only go up so far.
Starting out, I was a cashier, not wanting to keep my job.Slowly I started to work around and advance throughout the company, working as a CSM, OTC Manager and ending up as a Support Manager on nightshift.Though I was working towards Assistant Manager, inline with a promotion from the district manager. I ended up parting ways for a continuing education course.
Its a good place to work. Good working culture. Good management. Salary is less compared to other companies. Has very good systems in place. over all a good place to work.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Less salary
without a doubt the worst job i have ever worked. Was promoted to Support Manager within months but came to realise its all politics. Management brings in people from different countries to work as management for cheap and with no experience. Extremely racist if you are not one of their own. Would stay away from this horrible place.
Not a bad place to work if you're just looking for a pay check. There's a lot of unnecessary drama but I'm sure that's everywhere. The biggest issue I have found working here is the lack of accountability for associates who do not perform at Walmart company standards. You end up with unmotivated associates who feel unappreciated because they do more work than others and management does not care.
Pros
We have a lot of potlucks, Plenty of opportunity for overtime, It is difficult to be fired once you pass the probation period.
Walmart is a retail conglomerate. It operates how a large scale retail store would be expected too. Entry level positions are always available. With the proper work ethic it is possible to move up in the company.
Pros
Retail skills development
Cons
Hours
A great place to work . Great training in all aspects of customer service. Great proucts and low prices . Advancement opportunitys and training are available
Pros
associate discount
Cons
high staff turniver
started as truck unloder and in three short years made it all the way to support manager.its nice when the company helps you achieve your goals.the managers I worked with were all very hands on.
Staff was nice but very negative. Management was decent for the most part but was hit or miss. Had one manager that I would go work for in a heart beat. Also had some very poor manager's that did not work out well.
Pros
Kind staff, good training.
Cons
Poor Managment
compare to superstore its way better. i worked in both companies, Walmart is way better in many ways. these people at walmart concentrate on policies which are made for customers. but i dont like the pay rate for mid level management. superstore is better in paying managerial positions. actually way better. support manager or department manger in walmart is mid level management position. and pay rate is about 13 per hour. in superstore its 45000 per year for department manager.
Working at Walmart was a great experience because i meet a lot of different people from different walks of life. Its a challenging job as i like challenges. it also help me to improve on my customer service experiences.
Pros
Meeting new people every day
Cons
Long breaks
As a place to work in general my experience with Walmart has been a good one. That is until recently. Now I find myself looking for another place to work which will better relate to my family needs as new management that has come into that store is not very concerned about his employee's family welfare. The store I worked last at has become a very stressful environment compared to the other locations I have worked in. They do however have a worthwhile benefit package and 3 kinds of profit sharing available.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great company, advancement opportunities
Cons
Individual store managers may not identify with you
Great for young person as entry level management. Hard work and your immediate management will make or break this position for employee. Culture on paper is great but reality in workplace is not the same. With proper support to advance you by management could be a great position but due to shortage of takers you may be stuck in position for years.
Pros
Lots of hours available for this position
Cons
Long road for advancement