Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Supervisor

I have learned a large amount in the time i have spent there with Walmart, from dealing with frustrating customers to extreme unrealistic expectations from management. I gained necessary experience from them but moving up in the company seemed unrealistic most days.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
You need to be able to do the work of 3 people
good salary.good work culture. good support team most of the people work for company .i have been 15 year experience in management. Walmart is a good company
It was like working with (assistant managers) an individual that had an ego to be milked. It was annoying. Once you learn the ropes yourself then they throw you a curve ball. I quite seriously wanted to slit my wrists working there. They under staff the place constantly and the huge majority of their scanners are broken.
Management steals ideas and calls them their own. When you call them out, they make your life terrible. Nobody held accountable for poor production. All I learned was what not to do.
Current employee, each store is different to a degree, depends on management. Some store managers are all about bullying, and harassment. Need to have everyone in the building written up. Very stressful environment. would not recommend it to anyone, you will be hurt in the long run
Assocites have fun actitvites every month. Managment as it changes become rigid and hard to convience. Walmart is interfering to get more and more without thinking of others personal life.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
extra work
Overnight Electronics Associate, 2009-2010 Renovation Team Associate, 2010-2011 Sports (Hardware, Automotive, Pets and Paints) Associate, 2008-2008 Customer Service Associate, 2007-2008 Lady’s wear Associate, 2006-2007 Every job at Walmart is pretty much the same. Show up, find out what you need to do for the day from your manager (because everyone has one) Then do the list of things given for the day. there was high turn over and not a lot of room for socializing.
Pros
1 hour lunchs
Cons
10% discount
Awesome place to work, Easy to achive your goals, great opprtunities. Work hard and you can make it long way with this company.
I worked at Walmart since i came to this country.... I had the pleasure to work with amazing people and at the same time i have to be patient with most. Business wise is very well systematize and standardize. They provide you with the tools and some of them teach you how to use it, but most of them don't The associates Yes their is one or two bad apples but over all their very dedicated and humble people, easy to talk too each one of them have a story. The Management Team Well this is where is not pretty no more...Walmart strives for customer service always! when u are a manager at Walmart you don't have a life and climbing the corporate ladder isn't simple, you have to win the race. "Whoever kisses the most a** wins" I worked at Walmart and demonstrate my talents and efficiency but for 3 years i never move out of my supervisor position. It even came to a point were i have to train my 2 backroom managers that i trained to become one...ironic isn't it. Anyways if you panning to work at Walmart i just got two words for you. GOOD LUCK...
Pros
Health Care benefits
Cons
Minimum Wage, Few tools for developing, Poor people skills, Horrible Management
The typical day begins before 7am with a backroom inspection. Within two hours you will have assisted with the receiving of general merchandise. Picks must be completed hourly. Inspections of equipment will be conducted and completed before use. Fifteen minute break commences after 9am. Complete audits and picks and assist with stocking of shelves via communication with sales staff. Assist third parties as per demand. Ensure third parties in the stockroom are not left unattended. Ensure visitors have checked into the building and that they are wearing proper attire, i.e. no open toe shoes. One hour lunch at 11am or later. Commence improvement of stockroom when opportunities arise. 2pm begin preparing stockroom for receiving by 2nd shift associates. Day ends at 3:30pm or later as per demand.
Pros
Discounts available, stock purchase plan, profit sharing, benefits for full time individuals
Lots of room for advancement, fun and great place to work. Management is really good.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
the work is hard. but still there is a support from the management.
If you want to move up in a company fast apply to wal mart. Busy day always on the go trying to help customers the best we can. Customers first is the goal and we do that everytime
On days off some of my co-workers we hangout eat, laugh, talk working night shift not that easy but with good co-workers life is enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everyday I was expected to do everything, if I didnt the store would fail. I often caught myself doing the work of 4 people.
Cons
Never ending
My typical day at work was to always make sure picks were done and been able to use a telezon gun. Any trucks that showed up during that time would have to be received and paperwork would be done by a upc associate. I learned about how to work with telezon guns and receiving that trucks properly. My management team was great they all worked fair and made everyone feel welcome and who ever didnt fit in they usually made me a top person to help them move quicker and felt they belong in the back room. My co-workers were all hard working and completed everything up what the expectation was needed. A few nights weren't as good as others but who doesn't fall off every now and then ?. Hardest part of the job was probably fitting every task in for the night to go as planned. not everything works out for the night but you always made sure it was completed. ex. picks,pulling,setting for truck,unloading truck,wrapping skids,pulling old freight along with the new every night had its challenges but majority of the time it was all completed. Working with everyone being a team leader wasn't something i wanted but its something i was willing to move on to. I loved helping the company and being someone they could put their faith into to make sure the jobs and tasks were all completed.
Pros
completing things early- the choice of ice cream or something that was considered a good night.
Cons
picking up slack for others or being short handed.