Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Studio Manager

I get to help my customers and make memories for them during the most special times of their lives. I enjoy the client relationship aspect of this job and get to interact with people on a one on one basis throughout the day during their appointments. I do have to be very good at multitasking as we also handle passports, deliveries and booking appointments. During the busy season it is a challenge to keep everyone on point and the studio running smoothly but it is a challenge I enjoy. My staff are amazing and since I work alone 99% of the time we have to be very good at communicating with one another. When we do work together we share the load and make our jobs easier for one another.
Pros
Wonderful customers
Cons
not enough hours
My typical day at work includes photo sessions (for those sessions that bother to show up), do photo consultations with in 72 hours of the customers session, 24 hour confirmation of sessions, editing portrait sessions and selling images. During the day I will do about 80-90% passport photos. I have learned that it doesn't matter how much effort and creative spin I put on something, people hear Walmart and they hear cheap. I have learned that the odd person that comes into the studio will think my photography and my time and effort is worth more than $8.00. This customer is rare and I appreciate all the kind words that they have given me over the years. My staff is amazing. They are hard working and I couldn't ask for more from them. Hardest part of my job comes in 3 parts. Part 1 - Rude, ignorant parents that are only concentrated on getting the perfect picture that they see in a magazine even though their child may be too young to achieve this look. These parents refuse to let me do my job. If they bothered to let me do the job I was trained to do, they would see that I will surprise them Part 2 - Parents that verbally abuse their kids and expect me to sit there and let them do it. It doesn't happen. You want to act like that in my studio, get out. Part 3 - getting little compensation for the time away from my family as I work 6 days a week and haven't had a Saturday off in 3 years. I do not get to plan weekend trips away with my family unless it is near the end of the summer and it turns out to be 1 Saturday a year. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all - more...
Pros
cute families, i can be creative
Cons
long hours, away from my family, low pay for what i do, workevery single Saturday without having a choice, little say in important matters, unrealistic expectations for the modern age we're in, refusal to upgrade and get with the times.