Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Store Standards

Was a good place to work with good people to work with but the management did not care at all for its employees or their health. The work itself was fairly easy.
Not a good company to work for / Awful Management!! You will wait for weeks for changes to be made for broken machine / tools. Machines are over 13 years old and never maintenance and when they brake down Management plays the blame game...
Not much to say it was just a temporary job. Nothing really great about it. Not a career worthy job. Only a good job for younger people in high school.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Bad pay
Management was nice but don’t listen to what days you need off or if you’d like some days off. Co workers were very nice and helpful when first working.
Pros
1 hour lunch and 2, 15 min breaks
Cons
scheduled a lot
Applied for the position of store standards and has been my biggest mistake of my life. Basically Store Standards is on the bottom of the totem pole when it came to the store's "Hierarchy" and you were basically treated like a 2nd class citizen by the management and basically everyone else including the customers themselves. Constant mind-games by the management team and if you retaliated or stood up for yourself even once you get falsely written up for something you didn't do and was told that you were an awful employee. Also there is a very nasty cult-like atmosphere that is very toxic that has been enforced by the both the management team and from the brainwashed employees that would basically sacrifice themselves for the company. If you ever wanted to be treated like nothing but absolute garbage... apply for Store Standards if you want to get mental stress....
Pros
Few Amazing people but other than that... nothing.....
Cons
Very toxic management team, Brainwashed coworkers, And constant threats of write-ups and mind games
A typical day is an 8-hour shift. I learned how to keep the store clean and how to restock shopping carts. Management was ok. The hardest part was working in the sun. The most enjoyable part was walking around the store.
Pros
Discount at walmart
Cons
Working in the sun
It is all about getting things done with unreal expectations and if they aren't done you will get in trouble. Management are children in most cases and like to argue.
This was my first job it was a very good environment and good managers and people that worked there a nice, I was to young for benefits or need of it but I’m sure they have a decent benifits plan
overall work experience was great, could definitely improve on under staffing the stores and picking managers wiser. alot happens under the noses of the people in charge. i just wish they were smart enough to realize it.
management didn't take their time to discuss any of the problems I had at work including conflicting work hours with my in processes education. after directly talking to my manage a few times about this problem he told me that I complain too much and basically didn't do anything about it.
Pros
Organized System
Cons
a lot
Massive corporation to work for, fast pace environment, many associates on the floor at all times, can get busy during holiday season. Associates are very friendly and fun to work for. Overall great experience working for such a large corporation
Enjoyed the work environment and working with my co-workers. I felt I was not as supported as I needed by my supervisor. I felt I did not have the opportunity to work in the position I applied for.
They are a great company but they need to get there hours in check and try to keep them even, I have a really good time with everyone who works there and we all have laughs on are breaks and lunches.
taught me fast past working habbits. how treat costumers with good manners. management was understanding when simple mistakes were made. overall one of the best places to work.
Pros
fun
Cons
carts
Working at Walmart consists of long days and nights. Helping customers is always great because you made someone's day. Coworkers are great and always willing to help. The management was great because they did they're best to work around your schedule and your mental health problems.
Pros
Discount on all items in store
Always busy, especially in the Christmas season, and never a lack of hours. Only complaint is bad worker care. No heaters for coming in from outside to dry clothing, and no way to clean yourself.
Pros
Crazy exercise. If you are not hurt.
Cons
Can get hurt easily when working in Store Standards.
My time here was great, i got along with the rest of the staff quite easily and all my hard work was appreciated and the managers were very pleased with my ability to get tasks done and keep a fast work environment
I was a Store Standards employee at Wal-Mart. While it was a rewarding job, you work HARD. From carryouts to collecting carts, it is your responsibility to keep all cart bays under your jurisdiction at full capacity at all times. You are expected to prioritize carryouts and cart collection, but you also substitute for the maintenance crew should they be absent, as well as helping floor crews with whatever they need. Safety, speed, and efficiency are absolute essentials, as well as having a keen ear and excellent shoes. Be ready to be run off your feet doing carryouts with little room for cart collection and plenty of customer complaints on busy days, and creating make-work projects or asking your front-end manager or other crew members for projects on slow days. As for Walmart themselves, I had little problems with them as far as work goes. I found that, as long as you try to keep a good attitude and are willing to work, you'll be fine. Otherwise, they'll be on you like a sweaty shirt on a summer day. They mean well, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Great part time job while in school. Co-workers are friendly, there is a strong team environment which is strongly promoted by management. Pay is competitive and work is easy but rewarding.
While many people tend to complain about Wal-Mart, and believe me I was one of them, it isn't all that bad. Certain positions take more flak than others. However, it's main flaw is the Management not understanding most of what the employees actually do. Not all of the managers are like this and it makes the job a lot more bearable.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Free food every so often
Cons
Miscommunication Between Management
Not the best experience for me personally, not a job that fits me best. the pay for me is good as a high school student, but don't like the job at all.
Cons
not flexable hours