Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Store Standard

I enjoyed working there as a store standard, getting to know everyone and working hard. I only ended up leaving because a manager harassing me none stop about working more hours and quiting my other job, while also not giving me full time or benefits. If the job had advancement of any kind, would've stayed a bit longer.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Managers who don't understand their workers
Walmart Capilano was a good place to work through highschool but upon graduating it was not as great. They do have flexible hours and the management were generally good about scheduling you during preferred times however they did schedule me on time booked off more than once which was a hassle. My biggest complaint was being overworked and underappreciated. Plus the annual raise was generally rolled into minimum wage increases. And lastly some colleagues were great but others sucked to work with and its very hard to get fired so I was stuck with them (when I was actually scheduled with anyone that is).
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor recognition
The days are usually the same nothing new really. My job is to bring in carts from outside the store and downstairs in the parking lot, and to also assist customers with large merchandise. Another part of my job is to also clean up any spills that have happened in the store. Management at the store are friendly,but they tend to ask for things that don't really require me to help them with. co-workers are generally friendly some nice people some not so nice. Its nothing new in a workplace some people are friendly some are not i guess thats just how it is. There is nothing really hard about the job its really everything is the same.
Pros
good working environment, employees and management are very friendly and make the working experience enjoyable
Cons
schedules are not usually done properly, hours are always different not consistent
I learned a lot about my self and about others why working as a Store Standard at Wal-Mart.
Pros
Good work hours
Anyone who has worked at the Okotoks Walmart Supercenter knows how terrible the management is. Treated with no respect, terrible pay, hours were terrible, just an overall bad job. But I still made the best of it, working well with the people I was surrounded by every day, my co-workers were awesome, and had a decently fun time doing the job that was just terrible.
very productive, fun workplace. learned people skills, learned how to deal with different situations.