Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Store Manager

I worked in the specialty divisions as a manager in the shoe dept. When the shoe dept was removed from the speciality division, that was a big mistake....no one now works shoes and the shoe dept is one where you need to assist people with there selection and sizing. Most people ,90% will buy the wrong size... the dept is messy, disorganized, empty and no variety...it's a shame as the store I've ran always made it in the top 3 sales for the store... other than that I enjoyed working as a shoe manager
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Some managers are rude..depend on the prov
Cares about the people they work with. Great Culture and a lot of extra work experience. Very fast pace and always changing, need to be good with change.
You learn a lot about the retail business, and how to give great customer experience, very friendly environment, great inclusive environment. Walmart is a place where you get what you give.
Strong focus from the company for performance. If you don't know what you are doing you will burn out quickly especially if you do not have a management team behind you to support your decisions and actions.
Pros
bonus structure good
Cons
no work life balance
Even before i woud like to be a member of your team if given an oppurtunity nut I’m not lucky enough when I apply as cashier. So now I would like to try again because I know walmart is very diverse company. And I heard a lot of hood things and feedback
Dont recommend walmart at all .. Senior management has an agenda
Very long hours, work holidays and weekends takes over your life but you can see all the work reflected. Pay is very good and covers cost. Culture to a store manager is rough as you are often forgotten. Hardest part of the job is reviews with your manager as they can be unforgiving.
Wal-Mart is like a giant family. I really enjoy working with everyone. Scheduling is a little crazy but other than that I don’t have a lot of issues with anything there.
It seems that the war-mart culture changed while I worked there...startred when the store where first being introduced to canada...had many opportunities to advance
Walmart is a well organized company that stays relevant. The management is great and the people division are wonderful. the company expects a lot however if you have a strong work ethic you will have the opportunity to advance in your career. Bonuses are fantastic. The culture is all about the people. I have learned stronger behavioural style leadership skills and operational strengths
Pros
management, networking, advancement
Cons
Osl is a great place to work, they prefer to promote within and have lots of online training available. Hardest part of the job is there's no separation between you and the Walmart staff so you get hounded a lot about something that is not part of your job and you're not able to help with.
At this point its all about the money. In the Lower Mainland of BC the Upper Manager is really pushing the Store Level Management to not worry about standards or associates. leading to countless staff issues and customer complaints.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
The Culture
A good company to work for if your boss like you, the culture that Sam started this company on died along time ago. the hardest on my job was listening to my boss.
Pros
Cons
always working, even when you are at home..calls never stop.
No real room for advancement, but it is a job, and it pays money. Not much money, but better than nothing, I guess. Management is generally clueless though.
Walmart is a great place to work for. The culture is unique and I'm so proud that I'm part of such a great company. I will recommend Walmart to everyone!!
Walmart is a great place to work with great opportunities to develop and grow. As one of the industry's largest company Walmart offers competitive wages and benefits, as well a multitude of Of other benefits.
program driven workplace with emphasis placed on achieving financial targets while satisfying all customer needs. In a small town this is especially rewarding as you are very involved in the community as well.
Pros
very busy days
Cons
can be difficult to attract and retain associates
my typical at work is when no work to do. i do learnt alot of things there so much advice and lecture, edditing. very good place, the hardest part of my work is when i have notting to do it make me go down i love working, i just love doing something, my enjoyable part are good and nice, that is when customer are coming and also paying their cash, it make me do beter and it give me alot energy
Cons
The name of my review only applies if you are not a useless CSM or a manager. Expect to be underpaid but overworked. Rest in peace if you are instock or store standards.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Pay sucks
Paid well, work hard and there are a lot of rewards. If you wish to advance in store, district and company skies the limit. Very busy and demanding on your life and work life balance.
Pros
Paid very well at managment level
Cons
work life balance
Working with 280 associates in a fast paced retail environment that consistently exceeds all company goals and expectations. Customer service is paramount and the number one focus of each and every associate day in and out. A true engaging environment has caused a decrease in shrink and increase in sales and profitability. Leadership engagement + associate engagement = customer satisfaction
Pros
salary
Cons
work life balance