Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Store Clerk

Worked as a Cashier and provided excellent customer service to patrons, employees were relaxed and fun to work with, the environment was brightly lit and comfortable,
Pros
Discounts available for in store products
push cart help with truck unload product load product good training good managers fun people lots of advancement not stressful to much but can be sometimes
Pros
hour lunch but long hours sometimes
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
The job was exciting, my first one at the time and i enjoyed every moment of it. I believe that Walmart is a great place to start working and i would recommend it for anyone.
Working at pizza time was very profitable for me as i learned a lot about customer service and satisfaction. Also i learned to work for long hours with comfort.
Pros
Good salary, long working hours and fun place to work at
Cons
work only during weekends
Good Hours really Great People always willing to lend a hand both mangers and employees were very friendly and Helpful.
Pros
Good hours, good pay raise, good team.
Cons
sometimes customers can be difficult but that happens in everystore.
Working day to day with customers and computers helped me keep my brain sharp, and allowed me to help create memories for the customers by giving them the best over all experience I could give them while taking their photos. A typical day of work would consist of dealing with cash, making passport photos, doing a photo shoot or two, designing and editing photos, and making customers happy. I worked by myself, or with my manager. The hardest part of the job was keeping in remembrance all the different program functions, but my manager was quite proud of me for keeping all I learned. The most enjoyable part of my time there was making people smile, whether they be babies, young children, adults, or seniors. Impacting their day impacted mine!
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Only a few employees, but that wasn't too bad.
Walmart prides itself as a company that respects the environment and promotes environmentally friendly products. A typical night at work is the evening meeting about the days sales figures and what is expected of us that evening. I quite like a night with plenty to do as it makes the shift go much smoother and you have a feeling of accomplishment and a satisfaction that you did a good job. The things that I learned is that there is never a typical shift and you really get a sense of how the store operates. The management team are very respectful and friendly. They will help you with any questions and concerns. My co-workers are friendly and let you know that you are a good worker. They will help you when you need assistance. The hardest part of the job is finding room for inventory when you need to bring in more inventory but it is always manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I can work independently and make decisions based on my own experience and have the shift go smoothly.
Pros
Shifts are quiet and we are able to get our work finished with little distraction
Cons
Low wages, no full time, expect you to work Christmas, New Years.