Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Stocker

I worked here for one month in 2011, and it was one month too long! Based on their interview process and what I discovered I should have ran, but I NEEDED a full-time job, and it was in a department which aligned with my future goals to go to school and become a patisserie. Management was extremely unprofessional. The interview process was very weird, I had to interview with managers of multiple departments despite having applied for one job in one department. During my interviews some managers were condescending and rude; some told me they felt I wasn’t a fit for the job in my department, or a fit for Wal-Mart. Some suggested I find a job elsewhere, and admitted they did not want me working there because they worried I’d be fast tracked to management and would take their job (unfortunately they were not joking and their tone was very harsh). Upon receiving notice of my employment my department manager gave me a very rude lecture on how I had better work out as an employee in her department because none of the other managers wanted to hire me and she had to fight for me. How they based their pay was also an issue which I am not at liberty to discuss in this review. Having to gather before a shift to sing and chant was extremely childish, forced, and awkward, not to mention the requirement of having to be there early to spend 10minutes unpaid before your shift for this, and being penalized if you were not there for it. As for the job itself, Bakery Night Shift/Grave Shift. The training itself was sufficient at two nights of training, however the job was - more...
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Unprofessional staff, health and safety issues, discrimination, poor salary
Management is awful. Lots of favortism. Lots of dumb stuff. They don’t like moving people around to accommodate health aspects at all. Don’t care if your well being no matter what your health is like.
Cons
Stated working for this company, love working but don't ask for more work when you run out, your TL gives attitude and will get you fired and lies about you. This TL has a poor work ethic and tells her worker to wing it.
I did not enjoy this job at all. The only reason I took it was because it was a job. Between travelling to and from work it barely paid the bills. Would not do this job again.
Pros
Cons
Too far and low wages
Horrible management. No employee appreciation what so ever. You can work as hard as you want, but if you are part time, you are not doing any work according to them!
It can be a very toxic place to work, management tends to play around alot with the workers: they do play favorites, and if they have an issue with you they'll likely push you untill you quit.
Pros
Its a paycheck.
Cons
Its not much of a paycheck.
It a boring time to be at home I would love to help with my work for myself and I learn however to stocks shelves in high school stocking college of western Lethbridge Alberta
They have Barbecues from to time of sometime bring in donuts coffee from tim hortons and pizza time to time. and get the stakeholders check in every April.
Walmart has a fast paced working environment which I really enjoy. The management are very supportive. Flexible hours too especially with people like me who have 2 jobs. Dealing with customers is the hardest part yet its a great feeling to help and serve them. Walmart is a great place to work! I am happy to be part of this company!
I enjoyed most of the people who work for Walmart. The Manager was unprofessional at times. Don’t talk about your personal life at work. Keep a good work place attendance.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Uneducated Manager
the only trouble we had in the few months i was there was a truck that had a little bit of everything on each pallet other then that it was ok. other then that trying to learn to stay up at nights
Despite the fast pace and high volume of physically demanding labour, the managers always make sure to ask how you're doing and check on your well-being. Its a friendly environment where questions and concerns are welcome rather than ridiculed. Lots of room for advancement, job positions are available to employees a week before going public. Collaborative work, one is almost always paired up with another- rarely will you work alone for an entire shift. Great benefits include; reduced cell phone plan, 10% off storewide, flexible hours, health and dental plans, and more
it was a good place to work worked all shifts returned products to the shelves from customer service helped out in electronics helped to unload trucks
I am very happy to be working for walmart they help u with what u need to do for your job, they walk you threw any tasks you arent farmiliar with. I recommend them!
Friendly staff and some friendly managers. You get to meet a lot of new people there because of high turn over rates. You got to work full time for company benefits tho.
very buzy....lot of pressure to complete tasks. What used to be a good company to work for has changed over the years, to a robotic, cold enviornment with very little job satisfaction.
At first a very fair workplace. However, as time went on the management had changed for the worse. As the new management was much more strict in the sense that they would be ridiculing you over everything and anything. Eventually the staff I had initially started to work with left or had been fired due to no good reasons. Evidently this leads to this specific Walmarts downfall as they had spiraled down as their productivity has been reduced significantly. Indicated by the empty shelves all over the store ever since new management came into play.
Started out as an ok place to work but bad management that doesn't seem to care much about employees or what they do. Huge lack of accountability and a lot of finger pointing for stuff not done or done correctly. A constant revolving door of employees and managers too. Lack of proper WOKING tools to do the job. The co-workers were great and felt like family.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
too many to list
its a good place to work for your first job for me it was you can go up in management fairly easy if you are seen by management the people that you work with are great especially co-workers thats why i stayed up until management became dicks 8 years ive been with them
The job was steady pace and not too hard. Management was out going and friendly. Over all I'd say the job was easy outher then some heavy lifting hear and there. it was a good place to work for if your after an entry level job.
Always push u to max.no respect for ppl.u are a number and thats it.one day you do well the other day even if u do we dont get acknowledged.we had pump trucks only to pull heavy skids of salt.no mechanical