Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Specialist

Great opportunities for advancement but also lots of politics. A lot of work to be done on managers with direct reports. They lack emotional intelligence. Overall great experience.
Terrible place to work. I took the job after retiring fro a long term social services career with the provincial government. Thought it would be a good place to work part time in my retirement. Was sadly mistaken. I was eventually fired and a black mark was out on my file because I didn’t answer my phone from my supervisor while I was in a courtroom. They put in my record that I was unethical.
This job gave me flexible hours to work around my busy schedule The management team was accommodating and helpful Working as a Self check out associate requires, multitasking, fast thinking, and with patience to serve the customers
Pros
Independent
Cons
physical exertion
It was very obvious you are just a worker, some of the managers are really great but you can tell they are unhappy as well. Horrible pay. Not even living wage.
I had a wonderful boss who was always kind and understanding. He always made time to teach me product knowledge whenever I asked. The hours were very flexible around my full time job, staff discount was great.
Pros
Awesome Pharmacy Boss
Cons
General store management the last few years was awful!
Working at wamart was a good experience overall. Besides some political type issues which are common for such a large company which i believe is the only thing wrong in my time there, this company pays well, gives you time for family if you are not at a higher level, but requires hitting very tough goals. I would recommend them as a good employer.
40 hours a week was good while going to school. mostly weekend work. was a fun experience over all. good staff to work with, everyone was friendly.
Pros
10% discount on all items in the store.
Cons
no job security.
I am able to put my knowledge and experience to good use, as my contract is ending, there is not an employment position available.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
not a position when my contract ends
unpack meat , stock shelves,how to do team workalways good to meof course there is always one bad apple but, I get along very well with mostpulling skids(THEY ARE VERY HEAVY)Meeting the public and lunch with associates
Pros
free lunch on special occasiona
Cons
adjusting hours without consultation with employee