Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Shipping and Receiving Clerk

nice to work very friendly enviroment good pay excellent pay and long hours over time very fun place to work fantastic health benefits excellent sop procedures
Management are terrible most of the times. Walmart never looks after the employee. They try to mess with you whenever you ask for anything. Any time off is never approved until a day or 2 before you leave. They are ALWAYS cutting your hours, but never theirs. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND to work for Walmart
It is very good company. Everyone want to do job at here.The environment of company is awesome, clean and out lass. Also the some garbage are recycled. And workers are great.
i have learnt a lot of software like WMS/ SAP. job culture is good. learnt so many shipping receiving procedure like label making , PO control, Damage put way.
During the 3 years I worked at Walmart Logistics i was always considered for on the job training, and cross training to other departments to support the warehouses needs. However, when faced with personal problems off the job Walmart turns a blind eye to employees that are going through rough patches. Management is strictly goal orientated and rarely show interest in the associates well being or quality of work that they are producing, but rather the quantity and how much they are producing.
Pros
Job security with a big company, secured hours for walmart associates
Cons
supervisors with lack of knowledge, Unforgiving disciplinary system
Overall it was a good job. I learned to drive a lift pretty early on and the training was offered by walmart. They could improve on rotation as they tend to keep the same people at one position when they should be rotating employees. Good people to work with. Enough hours eventhough I was considered part time. They have their slow seasons but overall you can still get 40 hours/week.
Pros
Good benefits, different positions
Cons
At times excessively fast pace
it was an ok place to work for if your just looking for something but not long term. Thid job is for someone who is looking for an easy job but not worth the pay.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
Management can't handle staff correctly
Although the benefits can be good their terms of employment are based on a flaud seniority system that inhibits you from job security and advancement opportunities. Those that are lucky enough become lazy, less productive and bullies to those that are trying to work their way up. Walmart swears by this system. Management does not know how to lead. Instead of helping or teaching a team member how to become more productive they berate and belittle them. Im struggling to even make 30hrs a week while senior team members are being given OT. Ive spent 4.5 months trying to get trainned on MHE but management denies me the equal opportunity i was told i had.
Pros
Made a couple friends
Cons
Not enough hours
Good employer, fast-paced environment. Good experience and opportunity to cross train in different departments. Opportunities for advancement within the company.
Ive witnessed abuse with top managers and supervisors. managers are also verbally abusive with employees. Its a very toxic workplace to be in. When I was doing over nights I got a verbal warning for being too slow. My slowness was due to the repetitive change of departments and trying to learn the area. Raises are annually and range between 10 and 50 cents. In my time there some people went homeless and lived in the parking lot. the abusive atmosphere is not worth the pay.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor management, bad pay
I started at 6:30am which I enjoyed as I was off at 3. Great partner to work with. All backroom staff was excellent. I would work with all of them again. I enjoyed my job and I enjoyed dealing with all of the truck drivers and couriers that came to the door. I am still friends with some of them to this day.
Pros
Nice time to start work, got to leave early afternoon.
Cons
Low pay. Only 30 cents per year increase.
I found working at Walmart very rewarding. I got along with the co-workers and bosses, but we all have our flaws. Shipping and Receiving seems like the right place for me. Working at walmart helped me gain confidence in myself again!!
Very laid back environment with lots of chances for advancement/change of responsibility. Walmart focuses on in-house hiring, so if you have a degree/diploma in a field that Walmart offers while working there, you'd looked at first for eligibility. Annual raises as well as chances to change your position as frequently as the jobs are posted. A lot of micromanagement, but that's to be expected with a corporate chain such as Walmart.
Great job but the hours just aren't there. Some work is hard but other times is easy as pie. Enjoy the group of people I work with. No one is in a bad mood
Pros
Laugh and carry on with staff
Cons
Not enough hours to keep all the bills paid
I like Walmart put change have and will come been here 12 years and injoy every min of the jop great people I work for and with like family and close friends
was really good and I like it because I work one year and I know how I can work every were. Fore example I know working picking gans losing and unloaded tracks I can use even forklifts
A typical day of work consisted of unloading freight from the trucks, pulling the freight to the sales floor during the evenings. The remainder of the shift consisted of picking and binning merchandise.
A day at work was never a dull moment at Walmart. Everyone liked to laugh but there was a good time and place for those moments. If your work was getting done, you could have a laugh while you were getting there. I don't think I ever remember having a bad day here. Open door policy, you have a problem with anyone? Tell your boss and it'll be solved. I had one once and only once. After that, the person I had the problem with become a very close friend. Great and fun place to work. Id go back in a heart beat once again. But I'd still prefer shipping and receiving!
Pros
Great people, happy environment, promotions, the list is endless!
Cons
What cons? I can't think of any.
Walmart Logistics ULC is the greatest and safe work place in the world especially to me . As a Walmart employee honestly respectful their business and always valued our customer. I want to thank Walmart Logistics ULC Management who help me a lot to learn this business. I hope everyone should try their career in Walmart really excellent and cheerful place for work
Even thou management was very poor, the employees were very fun to be around. Employees were very hard working and appreciative of any and all help. Shifts were very good and manageable.
Pros
Appreciated employees
Cons
Poor management
Was ok for work and certain people are ok to work with that know their job.
Pros
Work
Cons
not the best place to work
  1. Shipping and Receiving Clerk