Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Shipper/Receiver

get up go to work and deal with grumpy people go home relax and wait to do the same thing the next day, day in and day out 365 days a year sorry minus the holidays
middle managers are clowns. the are just pawns for upper mangers, its all about dollars and whipping the peons (workers) like rented donkeys. not open to any suggestions to improving the working conditions unless it is their idea. This company talks the talk but does not walk the walk.....it diesnt get down to the floor. A very unsafe workplace, i saw three injuries in the time i was there. Stay away i0f you value your sanity and health.
Overload of work, low hours and pay. People will try to get you to do their job. HR are rude and will say, "What do YOU want NOW!" Management is a clueless dumpster fire.
I am a very dedicated worker and iI do my best to make the customer happy. I meet deadlines and perform well under pressure. I have a good track record and my immediate supervisor can confirm that
a great experience but very demanding enviroment, depending on where you live it may not be Canadian born friendly. need more consideration of white and black associates not just indian
I worked here through an agency called Kelly Services. I did not receive my first paycheck for over a month and was ultimately let go because of the fact that I could not afford transportation - when in all seriousness it was their fault I couldn't get there. Very shady, but I'm sure it's great once you're hired on directly!!!
Decent place to start at. I think growth in this company depends on location. My manager was great, in fact best one I had but not all the managers were so great. Hours are very well-rounded and a lot of great staff. Hardest part was not customers but just some of the staff since everyone was afraid to lose their job.
Pros
Easy hours acces
Cons
They expect a lot sometimes
For 16 years, I worked receiving boxes into the warehouse and I scanned all products then sort them up to put into different departments. I greatly enjoyed this job very much.
good job for students, but not much else to be quite honest. very difficult to acquire decent wages based on skill or merit. Not much room for advancement
Everyday was different. It was always changing depending on what needed to be done. I learned a lot about managing time and tasks in this position. The hardest part was ensuring that the weekly quota was met. The most enjoyable was being able to handle a lot of tasks at once and engaging with coworkers.
Overall i was pleased with the company , but found some of their views [ the pot calling the kettle black ] One of the best things about the job was that there was not any breathing down your neck an you were able to get your job done Finally it was a comfortable place to work an chances for advancement were quick [ i went from truck unloader to ove rnite mgr in 4ys
Pros
great benfit program great chances to advance
Cons
to much politics
During my stay at Walmart, I've learned that there's always a way to keep yourself busy while adapting to routines. On an average day, working at the Drayton Valley Walmart, it can get busy enough to make the time pass. The Management there varies depending on the manager, though all show the best of intentions of giving the drive to all Associates. The Hardest part of the job was mostly the traveling between there and home. What I have enjoyed from working there were the benefits and the employee discounts.
Pros
Free occasional lunches
Cons
Scattered schedules, difficult to make a routine.
look you guys can get rid of this right away. I think this is the stupidest waste of time I have ever seen and you make it mandatory idiots............................
Workplace culture was strong. Typical day consisted of filling orders, machine operation, and paperwork. Opening new sites was the best part of the position.
I began working with SCM Supply Chain Management prior to Walmart's take over. The company has great ethic and resolve. The teamwork is great. My only concern is that hours were drastically reduced for workers, leaving full time earners in part time positions. With a family to care for, this was too precarious, which prompted my exit from the company.
Pros
Great camaraderie and team work
Cons
Few hours
Although I like the work and the people I work with the wages are just not right for the work I do. The most enjoyable thing about the job is the people I work with. The hardest part is having to deal with other peoples messes and the fact that I'm doing the work of more then one person.
Benefits
Cons
Wages
Allows you to get a feel of the warehouse style environment, also you can understand the pace of a serious business, that has quotas that have to be met by the end of the day.
management is unfair. often do not get paid for work, and to get the money costs 30% of the missed pay. Condescending management.
Pros
Employment
Cons
everything else
every day start with 15 minutes about a safety in and around the warehouse,learned a lot about safe work,do the job with no incident,all people around ,management or co-worker a very nice people .
Pros
free lunches for many occasion a year around, management meeting .
Cons
The co-workers are really nice and can help you if you are new there. But the management team doesn't care about safety at all!
At Swiss Chalet, I had a wonderful experience as a bus boy/dishwasher. Learned great customer service skills and communicating with customers. Worked till closing time sometimes and also did take outs. In take out was where the most customer service skill needed to be apply when assisting various customers with either their complaints or what ever their needs were to ensure that they were satisfied and walked away with a smile on their faces.
Pros
free Swiss Chalet dinners or Lunch depend on the shift.
Cons
Often experienced wet and slippery floors and seemed hazardous.