Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Depending on where you want to go in a career, this can be a good starting point but I wouldn't recommend it to a creative mind as the tasks can get very repetitive and unsatisfying.
Pros
Staff discount after 3 months
Cons
Weird hours depending on department
I personally wouldn't recommend, at least not at the 1095 northwest Vaughn location. Managers hide a ton from the store manager and go against a lot of what the store manager says. I have been told by 2 managers now not to do or say things where the store manager can see or hear so she doesn't think things can be handled. I ask for more hours and get ignored by the manager set to do scheduling. Get yelled at for doing things I am asked to do. It's just a mess. 100% not worth minimum wage when I should be making minimum of $20/hr. Majority of the managers don't even have the experience they're suppose to have, I had to teach some managers some things 2 weeks into starting there.
Goes well, no particular work assigned to Seasonal Associates. Seasonal Associates need to go to the manager daily to know the duties. What one works on, daily as a seasonal Associate is different each day
work culture is very diverse, a lot of work to do and at the same time my colleagues are nice and helpful. I am in OMNI department and I answer calls for online pick up orders. It's not stressful at all but I could get a lot of different queries from the costumers.
Fast-paced learning culture with personal growth and opportunity to make life long friends. Walmart colleagues are kind and humble. They make you comfortable and help you learn on the job.
The place is really nice. I have learned many thimgs over there. Everyone is very cooperative. Proper breaks are provided to us. Everyone is very helpful
hours were ok, people there were fun and great to work with. management was all over the place though, never knew who to report to. overall experience and everything was ok.
A typical day at Walmart consists of cashing customers out, bagging their groceries & answering any questions they may have while providing good customer service
I worked at Walmart as a stock associate, only for about 3 months. The staff was friendly and nice. I was only seasonal but the work wasn't to hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to stock in the back of the store where shipping & receiving was.
Would love to work for Walmart again. Was a very enjoyable experience. Nice co-workers, understanding managers, great benefits, but not so much hours.
Pros
Good breaks, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Was far from me
It was great working with people and helping capture special memories for them. I loved seeing new people everyday. I loved making portrait creations for the costumers.
Pros
Always something knew to learn
Cons
Only for Christmas
work at Walmart was frustrating as the management was not communicative with each other and very poorly with workers , some of my co-workers were good hard working people while others were more interested in finding ways to avoid jobs they disliked or to push work off on others , the hardest part of the job was dealing with manager's and assistant manager's who could not decide on how they wanted things done as well as the stress caused due to low pay and few hours , the best part of the job was dealing with customers
Pros
customers
Cons
low pay few hours
allowing you to take your time at doing your job and always allowing you to take time off if needed for medical issues or troubles.
Pros
free food
Cons
wait time on phone for calling in
I enjoyed going to work everyday working with the public meeting new people helping others the management it was busy but I enjoyed it I was in domestics doing bedding also if someone needed something in the store I would take them to it insteadf of trying to point out where it was Walmart is a good place to work also the atmosphere is great always busy I rate Walmart a high over rate
I am a hard working student and young father. Walmart does not recognize this or care. They put me to work like cattle. They will not give me the full time title because they do not want to waste money on giving me or my young family any benefits.
Pros
Walmart Discount Card
Cons
Long hours, Hardly any lunch breaks, No career advancement, Cut hours
Failed to inform me i was only seasonal however the work was good, good people.
Pros
hours
During the day, there's a lot of products to be stocked or relocated. When I work in the evenings, I mostly organize and maintain the department. However, during both times of the day serving our customers is the top priority. I've learned how to communicate better and to be versatile. Management tries their best to be involved with the associates, but mostly gives tasks with high expectations (tasks that must be done ASAP). The hardest part of the job is having to multitask when there isn't enough time to really finish everything at once, especially when managers expect tasks to be completed quickly by just one or two associates. Overall, the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills or abilities and being able to talk comfortably to fellow associates or management about anything.
Pros
free lunches for events/anniversaries, being a part of a team
Cons
bad scheduling in number of associates, lack of hired associates