Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Walmart is a safe and friendly place to work at. Everyone always has a smile and a good attitude. My job has its difficulties but the fast-paced environment helps me learn how to work more efficiently.
Walmart is a place where everyone can work in. Walmart has relaxed and good environment amoung their co-workers. It teaches a lot of things like dealing with customers and solving their problems.
OSL was a great job, very flexible and had great managers, I learned a lot about sales, the management was perfect because they knew how to work with their co workers, the workplace team was small and everyone knew each other well, the hardest part would be when we get a rush of sales, and the most enjoyable part was working with my team and going making a lot of sales on different work days.
Management at my Walmart is constantly lacking... We have new store managers almost every 5 months and the managers slack. My manager tells me i'm not needed and it bugs me. It's not fun to work under someone who enjoys to squash you like an ant.
Pros
Paid breaks (2x 15 minutes)
Cons
Only 6-8 hour shifts.
Staff wasn't very effective, management wasn't either. people always put their work on you and management doesn't do anything about it. there is so much drama in the store and it is very gross. the job is just boring to begin with.
The job was easy to work, the co-workers were likely the highlight of the job as some would remain friends for life and others you couldn't help but not get along with. Benefits were high and it's a job I'd recommend to people starting out in retail.
Fairly unimpressed with the overall experience with the company. Training is decent at best with little incentive to improve. The new WOW program reduced full-time positions and increased work load to all lower levels of management. Benefits are garbage. Your wage is essentially minimum for the rest of your life, unless you have someone in the company fighting for your merit increases yearly. The veterans who have been there for years are your only source of educating yourself within the company. Do not get stuck with the company, use it as a resume builder. Perfect first job.
Pros
low work ethic
Cons
wage incentives
Working at Walmart was great. I worked graveyards replenishing shelves. Started working in mornings as a fashion processor as well as department manager duties. Worked in the UPC office for a year and did all the ordering for the store. Management wasn't that great.
was very hard to balance personal life with work life. manager was not understand and would always try to get me to pick between my sport or work when he knew the only way i could do the sports were if i had a job,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The two best things about the Walmart Corporation were its work place diversity and its culture. You were always made feel part of a team and there was a lot of communication between management and staff.
The system was good at first but then they changed associates to customer sales experience. Instead of 1-3 associates per department, it is now 1-4 departments per associate. Also, we weren't given training in each department so when customers ask for help, they get frustrated because we cannot find the item(s) and we get embarrassed. Lastly, they barely give 15 hours a week to most associates then they call us everyday to come in when really they should learn how to schedule in people. This is why everyone from Walmart is quitting.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
No organization, terrible new system, not enough hours, expect us to do the job of 4 people
in this environment everyone is friendly and treats you well with good pay and flexible working hours. There are plenty of opportunities for you to grow inside of walmart
The work environment was very welcoming and fun to work in. All the employees and management work to push you up and move you forward in your career as well as provide moral support for personal issues as well.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
sometimes work is repetitive
If you are good with sales and customer service this job is for you. There is sales stress and pressure put on you to make sales, Overall a good job for a proactive person
Pros
Commission, salary, good environment
Cons
sales stress
My experience with Walmart was rewarding and complementary to my skills. I learned allot about retail and had a pleasant experience with my co-workers and management.
I had broken my ankle while at school, proceeded to go to my shift at walmart after when my foots pain was becoming too much i asked if i may go home and was asked to bring a doctors note, i did just that and the next day i was fired.
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service  Drove sales through an understanding of customer requirements  Strong aptitude and comfort with technology  Responsible for achieving all key performance indicators including sales operational targets  Assisted with inventory management
super supportive to associates, always provides the necessities for each job performed, helpful feedback at 3, 6 and 12 months, yearly assessment with potential for raises. discount card is always a benefit
It was a bad experience because no one now want a master card having very little benefits. Your manager will be pushy on you for his target.
For me a work day was picking up shoes because i worked in that department. I really didn't lean anything. My manager was really mean, unfair and sexist. My co-workers were a blast to work with and i got along well with them. The hardest part of my job would have been to put up with my boss. The most fun part would have been when my boss went home.
A great environment to work at, easy to learn and positive management and constant helpful training, although hardest part was the final push during seasonal sales. I loved the customers in my department, and how helpful the assistant managers were.
Pros
work environment
Cons
low pay
  1. Sales Representative