Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate551 reviews
Canada551 reviews
Very active, there's so many things to do all the time. The flexibility in schedule is an advantage. Team work is a key and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly.
The company is so big they don't care much about their so called associates. They pay so little money for such demanding, stressful and tiring job in a busy environment. I felt like my manager looked at me as a machine rather than an employee, only caring that I stock shelves "as much as possible".
Pros
Somewhat easy to get in if you are looking for a general/student job
Cons
Everything is built around company's revenue, with little attention to employees
I enjoy working for walmart we all work as a team, it was awesome. everyday was a new challenge for me, get to work with the public making sure everything was done right.
Pros
I like the fact we had 1 hour for lunch
Cons
no 8 hours a day
Pays to little to keep up with the cost of living for the area.

Good coworkers that are helpful as are most assistant managers except for one who staff seem afraid of
Pros
Discount card, fast paced, co-workers
Cons
Hourly wage
It was a non-permanent temporary job where I was able to make deliveries from online purchases to customers to their vehicles in the parking lot and it was a good experience
Management is okay at Walmart. They cheap out a lot on employees sometimes which makes it difficult to handle departments yourself. Very professional management other than that. Pay is more than minimum but workloads are too much for employees sometimes. I would reccomend it for students in high school or post grad because Walmart gives you many opportunities such as scholarship etc.
Pros
Good breaks, Lots of shifts, Good managment.
Cons
Shortage of employees
I did a work in Walmart but not for a long time. I did a work in sault are Marie (ontario) which is too far from Toronto. I moved to Toronto and Walmart shut down in that mall because of some reasons when I moved to Toronto.
As each workplace and job - it all depends on your manager and team you work with. I try and pick through managers to find ones I really enjoy and stick close to them, but my store is great. The managers are compassionate if you’re a hard worker and aren’t flakey, it’s easy to not be flakey. What’s frustrating is they keep lazy workers, but they seem to want to fix it now that they realize it’s becoming a rampant issue. As long as you find good coworkers and managers, I really enjoy this job
Pros
Excellent team, good communication, ability to work on your own
Cons
Stressful, unrealistic expectations, poor team work sometimes
The management team were not very kind. But I did enjoy my work and what I did. The location I worked at didn’t care much for new employees. And that has led to me not working there any longer.
There is a serious favoritism that goes on in this company and that's who gets all the hours regardless of how the person actually works. Good workers go unnoticed while bad workers get praised because they are friends with managers. Worst work environment I have ever been in. There is inappropriate relationships between managers and employees that are ignored by the company when they should be fired or split up on different teams. There is a lot of bullies in this Walmart location and it's disgusting.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, bullies, favoritism
Head manager is incompetent and 1/2 of assistant managers unqualified. Organizational structure is a mess and consistently changes. Very little for benefits or raises in salary.
Pros
Long breaks and flexable hours
Cons
No communication and no leadership
Working at Walmart is ok
management well they help out

when it’s needed.

Co-workers who work in Walmart

Are hard to find.

Costumers get upset 😠

when no one is around to help out.
It is a great job for students as they are flexible with your school schedule, as well my co-workers were all friendly. The management are great, they help with employee concerns and let you know what is expected.
Associates are extremely hard working and cooperative. They help you with your needs and show you around. Overall it could be slow or fast paced, they make announcements and make sure your doing your task correctly and make sure your not too stressed
This is a good place to work part-time, they need you mostly on weekends if you can work on weekends you will be Ok! just make sure you get full 8 hour on Saturday and Sunday do not work 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. get some extra hour on weekday 4 hour 6 hours or maybe 8 hour then you are Ok! because when they cut your hours on weekend Saturday and Sunday then is not good.
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and exceeding customers expectations. the customers usually really responded by thanking you and purchasing recommended goods. the management success was reflected in the sales target increases year over year. the work place culture was one of personal integrity which in turn garnered personal respect and trust from fellow workers. a typical day included daily updates on management objectives as well as employee's suggestions. the hardest part of the job for me was the departure of a fellow associate. you learn quickly that every day brings new products and technology in this environment.
Learn new experiences. Get new job skills. Willing to learn more about sales. Adaptable. Learn about the marketing industries. Learn how to communicate with others.
Management at Walmart was unorganized on the best of days would constantly pull you away from your department and get mad at you for not finishing your work well pulling you away for hours at a time to work in other departments would make you do different departments work and not pay you extra even when it became a daily occurrence do not work at Walmart they will not treat you fairly
Don’t even bother to work at the one in Pointes-Aux-Trembles. The managers are hypocrites and they always talk behind your back. They don’t respect their employees at all!
They give you a lot of stuff to work on. You are expected to finish within a time limit. They is nothing to learn. They managers were nice. You only need to wear a vest on top on your regular clothing. So basically there is no dress code. The hardest part was you need to work fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is you don't need to use your brain at all.
Working at Walmart is a solid job. It is a retail job so if you have no problems with retail then you are set with Walmart. It's a well established company that works well with its employees and has a good system for them to use even as a part timer.