Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

They expect you to work hard for minimum wage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 May 2018
While working at walmart i was made to be running around and pushing myself all while they searched for ways to save a company money
Really it all depends what department you go for

I was in Fresh foods,
it was really bad, and some of the things i seen made me not want to work there such as, cooking food on the expiry date
Pros
10% off everything if your full time
Cons
Too exhausted at the end of the day to look for another job
Working at Walmart Canada
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON15 May 2018
Working at Walmart Canada isn't to bad of a job. It's laid back, environment is nice, employees are nice to work with. Even the management is nice. The only down part about the job in my opinion is the hours for the job can get ruff. Most of the time you wont get scheduled when you want to be.
Fellow associates are good to work with and supportive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL10 May 2018
Walmart is typically very busy, but management and other members of the staff work together well to get things done. The hardest part of the job would have to be coverage as there are not always enough people scheduled. Overall it is a good place to work and very fair when it comes to breaks and requesting time off.
productive and learning experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2018
Learned to manage time and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, learned to efficiently stock and handle customers in a packed environment, learned to pay attention to detail and become more flexible.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 May 2018
I loved it here I first started in the garden centre the over to cosmetics but again I had to stand and my back couldn't take it. I miss it though. Would work there again
Pros
Records for excellent customer cervice
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 May 2018
I enjoy working there. People are friendly and nice. I wish they would accomodate students more better. They need to staff more peopel for efficient work. Some days are very disorganized causing a ripple effect for the rest of the days.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
need more staff
Mediocre
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2018
There were a lot of managers who do not appreciate the workers and constantly demand the most while providing nothing towards the organization. Overall mediocre experience but a great learning curve.
welcome to walmart
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 April 2018
working at walmart was hard and comforting place to work and you needed to have very good customer experience since it was like 50% of your job. you also always need to smile no matter what.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no full time
Good place to work.
Sales Associate and Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 April 2018
Appropriate training program.
Friendly environment.
Very useful benefits.
Fun staff events.
Free snacks (once and a while).
Great employee opportunities.
Good place to work for a first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC13 April 2018
Good and reliable. Some of the managers a tough to get along with at first but if you are friendly and can get along with others, they'll be no problem.
Good company to star a life in canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2018
You learn a lot about sales and customer service, in my period of work they didn't trained you well, but I guess that is not Walmart's fault, they put you on the floor to sale and you have to find a way to make the day, some customers are not respectful but that its not walmart's fault, I did liked it to work there, it was a good experience...
Pros
Make good friends, great eviroment and great experience
Cons
It was a seasonal job
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 April 2018
not enough staff and not flexible or accommodating to new/young associates. Favourtism is a big issue especially when it comes to full time associates. too many relatives woeking together
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours. all evening shofts
Not a very happy environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 April 2018
Majority of the managers will not treat you well, every employee is treated differently which is unfair, If you call in or book a holiday you will get less hours and basically have to earn your hours back.
It can be a happy working environment depending on the employees working and the managers
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Hours
Fun work environment with loving and caring colleagues.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2018
I liked how how organized going to work was. You show up and are immediately told your duties for the day. It created an efficient work environment. The management was always very friendly and accommodating to the employees needs. The other employees that worked their were also very friendly and giving. Especially when i first started they were their to help guide me to success in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was when it was really busy and we were short staffed. There would be so many things to do while trying to accommodate for all the customers needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendliness of the employees and managers. They were always there with a smile greeting you and making sure you feel comfortable.
Caring and conversational co workers
Sales Associate/ Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 March 2018
Since the very first day I walk through those door I have never felt out of place. The manager and assistant managers are so flexible and willing to help in any situation.
cozy, reliable, annoying and loosly strict
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON19 March 2018
every day is a new experience at walmart. everyone gets along and it almost feels like a family, but with every family comes drama, theres tons of that at walmart. some custumors are a hastle, but that is seen in every work place, but overall, its about the best part time job you can get.
Pros
occasional events
Cons
customers
Wal-Mart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK16 March 2018
Management are beyond some of the worst people I have ever met in my entire life. Somehow the only people that are worse are the cascade of stupid and rude customers that you will deal with on a daily basis.
There is almost no chance for advancement, I knew people who worked there for over 15 years and they were still stuck doing the same shelf stocking.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC13 March 2018
its been almost 2 years since i left but it working at walmart wasnt as bad as its reputation would suggest. management was nice and helpful as well as the colleagues on my side of the store. only left because i moved far away
Poor place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nelson8 March 2018
No respect favoritism employees get wrongful dismissals either in first 3 months or after 12 years. No one works thier jobs they all leave work for others to do. No fair treatment. Gossip
Cons
Not a place with respect or proper ppl.
Most Managers are great and easy going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON6 March 2018
loved working on the floor, the people are great. The Managers are easy to talk to and try there best to make you happy. There are a couple of Managers Female that make you feel really small, and have made some cashiers cry. The thing I don't find fair is Associates who just start get paid more then Associates who have been there for years.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Have to work all stats and weekends full time and part time staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

538.1K