Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 456 reviews matching the search See all 169,427 reviews
Fun place to work, good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 March 2019
I've liked working at Walmart for the time I've been here, good people surrounding you and I always enjoy working with customers (for the most part). We get free lunches a lot of the time which is fun, and the benefits and vacation hours are great even for a part-timer. The most annoying part of the job would probably be rude customers and sometimes it can be boring working on the salesfloor if there isn't much work that needs to be done. Other than that, I would recommend working here. You get a decent amount of hours too depending on your availability, plus there is a profit sharing that each associate receives every year that can range anywhere from $300-$1800, depending on how much the store made that year and how long you have been working there.
Pros
Profit sharing, good benefits
Cons
Rude customers
Expanding opportunities, Big family, Proud Associate Feelings
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2019
1) Management
Management at Walmart is divided among Assistant Managers; who are assigned for particular departments. Management is quite an old school but now Walmart is really trying hard to include fresh talent.
2) My Experience?
My experience in Walmart is vast, I started with Garden center Associate, then had few days with Fulfillment Team, and again with Customer Service Associate, a month with PRoduce team and finally at the front end-Cashier.
Pros
Work perks
Cons
Underpaid
Opportunity to work in different area of the store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 March 2019
Worked in produce stocking shelves assisting customers, worked in electronics servicing customers and making sure shelves were tidy and well stocked. Had opportunity to go to new stores to assist with set up before the stores opened.
Pros
Satisfaction when able to meet customers needs.
Cons
Various shifts sometimes hard to balance personal life.
Horrible place to work
Sales Specialist Associate PT (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 February 2019
Always low on staff so need you are always called to cover various departments including cash. Management keeps changing and thus come up with different rules all the time.
sale associate
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC26 February 2019
i loved working there
learned alot in different section of the store like cashier ,woman fashion ,garden,worked in the warehouse and did the inventory
i have lots of friends there
Pros
made lots of friends
Overall Mangaement do not know how to handle their workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2019
I work in the Deli, my duties are:
-slicing and wrapping meat
-preparing and cooking chicken
-ensuring a clean environment for our customers
-ensuring a good and positive customer service

Hardest part of my job is being able to stay patient and empathetic to my customers during their worst days.

Most enjoyable part of my job are interacting with customers and my coworkers and developing friendships.

In my opinion, the overall management do not know how to hand us workers, nor do they know how to properly communicate or treat us. Our voices/opinions are not heard nor do they even matter. Wages are unfair with the amount of work you do.
Pros
friendships
Cons
managements, cut hours
The Westbrook location is the worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2019
The mangers were rude and condescending. They had no regard for your life outside of Walmart. Get sick? Too bad. Still have to come in to work. Very horrible place to work at
Bad experience with Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2019
The Walmart I was hat unpleasant managers. Upon my arrival, they made it seem as if it was so fun to work there. Turns out they all hate to work there lol.
They lack on communication skills big time. Managers overestimate your capacities, no type of praisal or thanking.
fun job
Sales Associate, Dry Foods Department (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 January 2019
i worked here while going to college and i really liked it. they are very good at working with your school schedule and its a pretty fun and easy job.
Terrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2019
i was promised promotion after promotion and never got anywhere
terrible wages after 10 years of service
never went after the people who would not do their jobs but bother the ones that would
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS23 January 2019
At the portrait studio, I got to meet so many new people. It also helped me gain my work experience in Photography which is one of my favourite hobbies.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 January 2019
Really good place to work with great people and good environment is fantastic place. This place should be visited by everyone because they have great things
Very little respect for employees
jewellery department sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC16 January 2019
Low pay, growing workloads without added time to perform. Poor organization in store, low staff morale, working 9 days in a row at this wage was unacceptable.
Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
I love working here. Its a very fun job. I learn new things everyday. I love working everyday. I get to meet new people and help costumers out. I find new ways to help people.
Productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2019
It seems to be a learning environment.
Looks pretty fun and enjoyable.
Increases communication skills and helps form a better personality.
A lovely experience.
Pros
Increases communication
Cons
Long hours maybe
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 January 2019
It was a good environment and great place to work. Good management and staff. Hours were great for people in school or with a second job. Overall good place.
Night-shift employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 December 2018
Don't particularly have fond memories working here because I was a night-shift employee which wasn't for me, nothing against the company they take care of their employees.
nice staff terrible management
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge15 December 2018
the staff is really nice but the managers are terrible. it is a hostile work environment. personal lives of workers are not considered at all and managers are always changing. it is an unsteady workplace that allows no employee to feel confident that they can express legitimate concerns. i do not recommend working there at all!
Pros
reasonable breaks
Cons
inconsiderable work schedules
Good place to work with diverse people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  5000 Highway 7 Y006A, Markham, ON L3R 4M924 November 2018
Listening to customers carefully
proving them the required information
Handling the selling objections
Suggesting the appropriate plans and cellphones according to their needs and wants
Cashing
Updating the promotional flyers in the Wireless section area
Pros
Fido Bill 50% discount
Cons
Long day in weekdays as their are not much customers to pitch the plans
A typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 November 2018
A Typical day includes dealing with customers needs, merchandising , setting up displays and merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

545.6K