Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

okay job, bad hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2018
The hours were always 6-10 on the weekends... I couldn't even ask for a weekend off to visit my father an hour away. The managers also picked favorites.
Pros
pizza every now and again
Cons
they put you where they want you whether trained or not.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Quebec, Canada5 October 2018
Working at Walmart Canada was a great experience.
The training process is excellent. A lot of physical work, though the flexible hours are a perk, good benefits.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
Amazing place to work at I have no negative reviews because the company is great and everyone is great to work with, this place is great that all I got to say.
semi productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 September 2018
at wal mart i learned to greet people and do customer service while doing my job as a sales associate. i often helped with other departments besides mine. i often handled keys for other sales associates while they were on break to handle change rooms.
Productive and lovable
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2018
Very Good Managment Team, Encourage to work and learn , Very Friendly ,Nice and Lovely atmosphere.Very nice people . I like the most .Very good Health N safety too
Pros
Job sequirity
Cons
Require full Availabilty, No fix time for permanent employee
Basic job,perfect for study
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  viau18 September 2018
Can easily ask for shift change if you need to work on school or personnal matter (if said in advance) Part time is one of the best job you can get with no stress.Its a good job if you dont care too much about going higher.
A typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS18 September 2018
Waiting on customers and stocking shelves. Walmart is normally very busy so you have to always be on your toes and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Stay away from Alliston Walmart
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 September 2018
Coworkers are great. Management is out for themselves. Over worked, hours cut, short staff. No one is held accountable. Untrustworthy managers. Managers have favorites. Store manager is two faced, she will be nice to your face but then get one of the assistant managers to do her dirty work so she doesn’t look like the bad guy. All the hard working employees are leaving there to find other work because of the stuff that goes on, on a daily basis.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours, over worked, short staff
Good coworkers terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2018
A typical day at work was productive, the job itself was challenging with room for advancement.
Management was really the only downfall. Incompetent, selfish,and always talking behind their employees back.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Incompetent Management.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
A good employer but like many large corporations, management of staff gets difficult. Understaffing issues happen sometimes and you might be asked to come in (they NEVER forced me to come in) which is good if you need some extra money.
Super fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2018
learned a lot from working at walmart. management were very nice and welcoming. Felt like a second home to me. Very open and honest with me about moving up and being very supportive. Unfortunately moved to a different city or I would still be working there.
helpful coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was flexible schedule and supportive coworkers. Managers were helpful. Hardest part was to satisfy customers. sometimes customers were looking for items, which were not available, therefore I had to find other stores for the products customer looking for.
Relaxing environment, great company and easy work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 September 2018
Easy and fun workplace. Had to deal with different kinds of people all the time and know what they are paying for the phone services and how can I make it any better. Learned a lot of about selling skills. Learned about how to start a conversation and how to break the ice and most importantly, how to close a deal with positive outcome.
Pros
Flexible hours
It was fine.
Hard Line Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 August 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Walmart back when I was a minor, it was fun and trans formative experience, it taught me how it feels to work at a job consistently, and how the real world works outside of high school.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, fun times.
Cons
Feeling overworked, working on christmas eve was kind of sad for me
Under-Staffed but Not Enough Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 August 2018
I was hired in the Toy department. About 5 months in I was asked to also work in the Electronics department. When hired I was trained on cash so that I'd be available during busy times. Cash is usually ALWAYS short staffed and there were days that I spent my entire shift on cash and couldn't get anything done in my own departments. Even though I was working two departments, I had to frequently pick up shifts in neighbouring departments (Cosmetics, Health & Beauty, Hardware, etc) to get by.
Pros
15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch or 60 minute lunch depending on length of shift.
Cons
not enough hours
Great Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 August 2018
Working at Walmart gave me the chance to work with many other people on the sales floor. I loved working my shifts with them, they made the shift go by fast and made working there pleasurable.
enjoyed working in electronics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2018
I enjoyed working in electronics. I enjoyed the job overall but it was time for a change since I was there for a few years. I got along with the coworkers and I enjoyed interacting with the customers.
Environnement de travail toxique
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC16 August 2018
J'ai travailler 8 ans avec le même patron, sa allais bien, et ensuite il y à eu les changements internes qui ne m'ont pas plu du tout, finir plus tard, courir d'un bord et l'autre du magasin car les associés de l'air de vente doivent être partout, mais pas assez d'employer sur le plancher ( en moyenne 3) pour tout couvrir cette grande surface.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT8 August 2018
- On my typical days at work, it wouldn't be super busy, it would be quiet.
- Learned that not everything is easy, can be stressful
- Some managers were actually pretty mean and rude towards me for no reason sometimes
- We're all different and Walmart is a place that allows and let everyone feel equal
- The hardest part of the job is the customers, some may be very impatient, some may have just had a bad day and take it out on you, or they can just say very rude things to you.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be
Cons
co-workers were great but management wasnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2018
it was an ok place to work. pay wasnt that great and everyone starts part-time and seen alot of people let go when their part-time status was up and were let go so they didnt get full-time and benifits,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

542.3K