Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Good place to work no questions their I had medical benefits in witch I had full time but not enough hours pay checks way too small one of the reasons I left. Besides having supervisor issues otherwise IWould still be there at one time I loved going to work then management changed and went badly down hill
Pros
Christmas parties and picnics
Cons
Shifts way too short hour time is way too long
Stay focused on tasks, work diligently and efficiently, integral work ethic, remain customer service friendly and you will do well. The retail industry is not for the faint of heart.
Walmart care for each and every associate and work at Walmart was very relaxed . They also cares for their customers very genuinely and almost all the customers are satisfied.
Best place to get multicultural work experience. Walmart is not only a company,it carries a small world inside it,practicle knowledge and experience is everywhere it's up to you, how much you absorb..
Very professional environment, everybody was kind and you knew what was expected of you on a day to day basis, and for the most part you were given the tools and resources you needed to fulfil.
If you are a customer experience associate then the job is pretty easy but when it’s busy in store your life becomes a very stressful. The management is pretty good and usually accommodate to your needs or at least they try to. Your job could be backbreaking or the most simple thing in the world but the one thing that you will have in common with all your coworkers is that no one genuinely enjoys the job.
Workplace is relaxed usually and stressed out during new year eve and different events all around the year. Management is helpful and caring. Learned about customer service.
Walmart is one of Canada's top rated retail company with excellent work culture where people always ready to help each other. Management is so supportive and value its associates. It has been more than eight years since i joined this company and have enjoyed every moment of work at Walmart.
Managers sat in office more than on the floor working with staff. Found out some staff making more than floor managers. They definitely need more staff. Hour long lunch too long 1/2 hour long enough
Pros
Some good managers
Cons
Constant computer tests
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Treated unfairly and wages are not enough to cover basic needs, schedules are all over the place. Benefits weren’t given and some workers are not friendly!
The staff is kind and cares about other peoples. but the job is really slow and you don't get benefits its an easy lay back starting job but not to make a living.
It’s fun , coworkers are fun to work with and I’m happy that I have great coworkers ,who also love their jobs and to have fun with work and to helping people with their experience at Walmart better
Lots of different teams and departments to work in. Hours are not stable for hourly employees. Will increase around Christmas to full time and then go down to 2 shifts a week in January till about June.
A good place to work. Provided with enough freedom to work on with proper responsibilities. Everyday, the role is challenging, but it will get more enjoyable as we start doing the work.
Working for one of the biggest retailers in Canada has its rewards. The pay is based off of previous experience and the benefits you receive like a 10% discount card off of every purchase and the drug and dental benefits and potential profit sharing are more than most retailers offer. The chance to grow with the company is always an option with a lot of managers once being employed as salesfloor workers shows anyone can succeed if they wish too. With over 400 stores across Canada finding the right store has never been easier.
While working at Walmart I learned that they are normal short stagged. The staff were very friendly & easy going & the customers always treated me with respect. Great place for a teenager just starting out to work.
Management is never satisfied and has favorites amongst the staff who get away with anything and some people who get picked on for everything. Management lies to staff. Management freaks out when there is going to be a store visit by a big wig. They never schedule enough staff and then get upset because everything can’t get done every day.
Very busy place to work. There is always something to do and time during shifts goes very quickly. The only downside is that during certain times of the year hours get cut.
Always new job openings, friendly staff, and good work environment. There is also lots of room to move up in the company for hard-working and long term employees.
The experience was overall positive. The responsibilities provided in my role were engaging and varied. I considered myself part of a team and had a lot of support from my fellow employees.
great place to work, coworkers were nice to spend time with, management was willing to step in when store was short-handed (very important in my opinion)
  1. Retail Sales Associate