Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Good place to work no questions their I had medical benefits in witch I had full time but not enough hours pay checks way too small one of the reasons I left. Besides having supervisor issues otherwise IWould still be there at one time I loved going to work then management changed and went badly down hill
Pros
Christmas parties and picnics
Cons
Shifts way too short hour time is way too long
Walmart is a good company to work for, we have very good team members and a continuous online training for individual development on the job. Meeting new customers everyday and helping the customers to get the product they need is very fascinating. Although, you do not have to sit while on the sales floor, I do not take it as dsadvantage but a test of my strength. Break and coffee time is available. I left the company to look for a job where can practice my profession.
Do recover get told I will be in electronics because they don't have any body else. I'm usally alone in electronics when its busy, customer get mad. I have learned nothing that I went to school for.
its a really good place to work dont need to think abot anything else like stressfull things. Also all the employees are friendly. also employees have 10% discount
Enjoy working here , it is fast faced well managed organization . I enjoy working here i gained lot of experience.It enhanced my confidence and also improved my dealing with customers.
I was constantly being put it situation I had not been trained to handle. It was extremely stressful, and management had unrealistic expectations regarding the amount of work that could be completed during a shift.
i work in the fashion department and I'm in charge of zoning, putting away returns, and clearing out the fittings rooms. I'm confident in my job and am able to easily complete what is required of me its just that the management rarely talks to me and or tells me what to do. your pretty much on your own in figuring out what works and don't really get acknowledged for anything you do. the management never consults us before making changes and can sometimes put unreasonable demands on us when they actually to talk to us. although they rarely do so the job is generally easygoing and all the staff are generally nice people and i learned a lot while working there. that and they've been cutting hours left and right.
Fairly relaxed environment but still can be stressful at times. Good comaraderie with colleagues. Management pretty easy to deal with most of the time. Sometimes me and my colleagues were unfailrly blamed for work not getting none even though it was decisions made by a manager that was out of our control and resulted in the work not being done.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Treated unfailry sometimes
Pros: - Coworkers are generally great - Some good managers & supervisors - Flexible scheduling - Descent job security Cons: - A lot of unprofessional managers that do little work and treat employees like disposable tools - Lying or sugar coating is a regular thing in sad attempts to damage control the fact that the company & some managers doesn't care about you - Sad pay - Understaffed all the time - Bad work hours (ie. end late one day, start early the next) - "No fun allowed" culture is a norm with most managers and the company - Good managers usually leave for better things - High turnover rates across the store - Bad workers are tolerated unless they steal company time Conclusion: It's not the worst place I've worked at but, don't work here unless you're desperate.
Walmart wasn't the worst job ive had but I would only go back if I absolutely had to. I really couldnt care less if Walmart ceased to exist but they were understanding and compassionate for the reason why I quit
it was pretty good, some managers were pretty fun and nice...had free lunches sometimes. the manager is very approachable and understanding. it is a really good and casual place to work.
The schedule was very flexible and would always let you have time off when requested at least two-three weeks in advance. The work was pretty easy and the breaks were great.
Wal-mart likes to make it seem like they are being good to their employees, but in reality, the employees hours are constantly being squeezed so the corporation can squeeze that little bit more of extra profit out for their rich shareholders. Customers are forced through self checkouts that they don't want to use, and customers who refuse create lineups that then the staff that is supposed to be stocking shelves and assisting customers have to leave their jobs to put through those customers. Leaving no one on the floor to assist customers, or stock shelves, which then the employees get in trouble for because their work isn't done. Puts a tremendous amount of stress on the staff.
Constant stresses over morning rush. Co-workers berating me over my choice of decisions, nosy co-workers, manager was intimidating. Worked 5 days a week 3am to 12pm, Was not ideal for a 19 year old. Felt suicidal.
The coworkers were awesome, the training was okay. Sometimes it was hard to get a shift covered or take time off if needed. Good starting out place to work tho
The typical shift included clocking in and then making sure that the customers were well-provisioned with shopping for their convenience. Additionally, I had to do the garbage and cover some co-workers at customer service desk, greeter, shelf or dairy associate during their lunch or if they were absent. The hardest part of the job was the excruciating cold of winter while the most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers. I learned a lot at Walmart.
I worked with Walmart for less than 5 months and at first, I found a good work-life balance. Suddenly more people quit the position due to unfair pay and expectations the company had. Working at the Square One location adds on to the stress and expectations and it wasn't worth the pay. If my coworkers didn't show up for their shift they expected more from me. When I would walk in they would schedule me without notice and get upset when I said I was unable to work that shift due to it being out of my availability. On the weekends I would get called multiple times by different managers claiming I was scheduled and didn't show up for my shift. The management needs a reality check and needs to work more as a team. Communication is key and you can tell they don't communicate with one another and don't understand the stress that comes from the job especially in the weather conditions or the traffic that the customers bring in.
Working in Walmart is a great experience. However, you never get enough working hours. As a part time mostly get 12 hours per week, and if you have a full time schedule can get around 20 hours.
Working at a chain like Walmart is a great experience for anybody looking to be in the customer service area of work! You interact with a variety of different people.
Over the many Walmart stores I have worked for, I have found a common theme across all of them; managers all love to have control over what you can and will do. Working for Walmart is a good place to start, but for your own good, find somewhere else that might actually care about you as an employee. Advancement in the company to anything worth while is slim to none if you start at a lower level job like a Cashier, as managers tend to force you to not move to different positions within the company.
Best place to work for new comers. You will always work as a team member. Management is always there to guide you. I have learn so many new things at walmart.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Rotating shifts
  1. Retail Sales Associate