Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Good place to work no questions their I had medical benefits in witch I had full time but not enough hours pay checks way too small one of the reasons I left. Besides having supervisor issues otherwise IWould still be there at one time I loved going to work then management changed and went badly down hill
Pros
Christmas parties and picnics
Cons
Shifts way too short hour time is way too long
Decent enough place to work for could be better but definitely could be worse. Worked there for a long time good people and decent Managers depending on location
I have worked in various departments and have good memories. The transition over the years have been enjoyable and I have learned a lot and will look back and be thankful.
As much of the team working at Walmart are great and all work hard on what they need to do, But Walmart is a big company with a lot of rules. Be willing to talk your heart out to the next person that comes though your till hoping that he/she will walk away with a Walmart Master Card.
you do alot of work for minium wage, management is horrible , coworkers are helpful and they don't care where they fire someone they will do it out in public to embaress you
Good workplace for beginners to gain experience in CSA , taught me lot about customer service, good environment, good benefits, multicultural employees, overall good experience
Great team and productive work environment. I learned how to handle the customers in the best possible way. Management is so helpful and flexible to any new employee.
The overall experience at Walmart is good, sometimes it's hard but otherwise, everything easily handles. The working environment is enjoyable at Walmart.
It was alright. Usually lacked stuff to stock due to nothing being ordered some days. Some of the managers were great. It was a learning experience for me. My online classes started so I needed a job which can be one certain time.
working at walmart had open my eyes to new opportunities. it because they always try their best to help you move up in any field. for example if you have a path of management they will help you
All I can say that Walmart is the best place for workers who need jobs and to make ends meet the best way they can! It's not perfect, but if there are no other employment opportunities, Walmart is the place.
Good boss, good collegue. Nice place to work. A bit far for those who doesnt have car. Recommended place to work. Location is from fron city of hamilton.
Good experience, friendly staff. As an immigrant, you feel safe and protect amongst staff and people working there. The overall experience is good.
- I learned to work better independently and as a team (when needed) - it gave me a great way to work on initiative seeing as there were times we, as employees, were left to our own devices, but still expected to complete our tasks - the environment is very friendly - the job is definitely student friendly
Stalking is important as is customer service, from shelves to cash the customer always comes first, handling cash or product in a timely manner is important
Basically, they have it down to a science. The people are nice enough, but there is always just a little too much work for just a few too little people. So everything is a grind. Same with schedule and pay. 7 hour shifts with unpaid lunches etc so you end up always at work but your check is too small. Either people wear out or they're just working there to pretend to family they have a job.
Walmart is a good place to join as a part-timer. Show your skills and you have a good opportunity to grow. Management at Walmart is very good. You always work in healthy environment.
need to multitask. the telzon is the main tool needed to do most work, from pulling picks to inventory. mandatory to become familiar with this tool. people are good to work with.
It provides a retail experience, which gave me a new insight into a fast-paced and customer-friendly environment and to get trained in various policies and standards.
I really enjoyed working the OMNI, however you get paid minimum wage, compared to other employees who get paid an automatic 14 dollars an hour for working out back. Overall, OMNI are also working out back, responsible for many online grocery orders (one of few trained to do it in the store), plus we have to be in-store for 6 AM and also have to go outside to dispense the orders.
Collaborative efforts required to complete and finish work. Fun to interact with new people and feels good to assist them. One can develop good customer service skills
  1. Retail Sales Associate