Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Good place to work no questions their I had medical benefits in witch I had full time but not enough hours pay checks way too small one of the reasons I left. Besides having supervisor issues otherwise IWould still be there at one time I loved going to work then management changed and went badly down hill
Pros
Christmas parties and picnics
Cons
Shifts way too short hour time is way too long
Hardwork cultureFast paced environmentRecovery from customer service desk Zooing the aisle Helping customers like finding a product for him/ herLong hours shifts Cash handling
Pros
Halloween treats
Cons
Long hours shifts
Having a Great team environment and managers who listen and treat you well.Working hard gets recognized fast.Work culture at walmart is great. Pay is minimum wage and best for students and teens.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Higher turnover, Some managers have their own favourite associates.
We were short staffed so work was often more stressful. One of the managers is ableist, I had a perverted co-worker, and had customers who would make comments on my body. Customers often would harass you and I’d put up with name calling. We more often than not had too much work to handle due to always being short team members. Work place accidents were not uncommon either. The break room was often messy as no one would clean up after themselves and the head CSM often seemed annoyed when you’d call her to your till whether it be up front, the garden centre or electronics. (Often our store equipment would go missing. Keys, scanners, etc) Many of my other co-workers were friendly but I felt as if the store wasn’t well managed and given the pay it wasn’t worth all that I put up with.
Pros
Some friendly co workers, 10% discount on groceries
Cons
Entitled customers, short staffing, high workload, expect to cover other departments you’re not trained in, creepy men.
I realy loved working at Wal-Mart. I think it's one of the best companies you can work for. I've flip-flopped between departments, but no matter where I go. I always felt welcomed and included. I just didn't like one of my supervisors who, when in-charge, made the place a living demonic paradise. She will call you out for minor infractions and her simple commands is enough to increase my blood pressure to an all-time high. The managers are great to work with and are very understanding.
Pros
Great managers, employee discount, friends
Cons
That supervisor, zoning
It was most memorable experience of my life am it taught me many things... it always helped to stay organized and well versed in all day to day aspect and introduced me to the Canadian corporate virtues
The Hourly Wage At This Job was difficult to maintain my cost of living. This job is very hard to grow as an emplyee. At times i felt That hours were very bad
Management is completely unfair when you are working there, they pick and choose favourites, and it’s Very obvious who their favourites are Overall is was a good job, management could be better.
Good people not a good thing of money for the job I was doing and plus management did not listen at times to me and my ideas ways to help my work place better for all of my associates
Pros
Save on products
Cons
Not good money
It was awesome to work at Walmart. The way of management, no blame game, respect full culture.The positive way of working.They were never focused on profits. They were always focused on customer service.
Management has no respect for their workers, coworker told they had a bad attitude for not working through break. They have no concern for safety of others as our walmart hasn't enforced the mask policy that they are supposed to. Poor pay and they expect you to break your back for them.
Cons
Incompetent managers
Wal-mart offered me and others, a good chance o deal with difficult people in management. There are pros and cons to every job and every position at said job. My coworkers for the most part were enjoyable to work with, and at a time, 1/5 managers were approachable and respectable. The way the managers treat there employees is despicable, but I am thankful for the work experience they offered me.
Pros
Coworkers were wonderful, for the most part.
Cons
Everything else was a con
Very busy place to work. Managers are always watching you.You have to learn and train yourself if you can't find anyone who is not to busy to train you. I have to learn almost everything on my own when I first started working at Walmart. When they switches over to a new way of working as in WOW things changes for the worst and no one was happy with the changes but it all worked out as everyone had to try their best and get used to the new ways of working.
Pros
Free lunches every few months
Cons
not enough hours or pay.
Just I want to tell that I want to be full timer Associate and I want to be a manager in future to learn more and also I am proud to be Walmart Associate giving as good benefits and salary. Thank u
Good atmosphere. Good work culture. There are great people to work with. Bad part too many people called in. So its hard for us to get our work done because of lack of staff. I like how flexible the job is. I look forward of going to work everyday.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
not enough money for living
Working here has been very interesting. Walmart's culture is very accomodating and friendly. The managers are super cool . They don't only appreciate your work, they also assist you. It's sometimes difficult to distinguish who the managers are because they all working and doing the jobs of the associates. The associates are friendly and very polite too.
Pros
Work culture is great. Responsive management and associates
Cons
Salary is fair but they can do better.
as a first job, its very easy, except for working in cosmetics. theres almost no one there, stock gets left behind and not worked. they never schedule me any hours even if i ask for it. management isnt that great. the best part of my job is going on my breaks and clocking out.
It was splendid working with Walmart Canada. It is an extremely safe and friendly environment. One gets to learn a lot at Walmart Canada. I learnt about customer service and customer handling along with the safety of one and all.
I have worked at Walmart for a few years now, and the main reason I'm still there is my manager. She makes myself and others feel valued and part of the team. I don't feel like any manager has just thrown any employee under the bus for the sake of a customer. No minimum wage job is going to be the best, but there are a lot of different teams in the store you can work for so you can probably find one you like. All in all, this is a great place to work.
Pros
unpredictable daily tasks, themed days, occasional free lunch, friendly peers & management
Cons
unpredictable daily tasks, you're not going to be making $20+/hr
This company is for those who know nothing, don’t want to work and have strong belief “It doesn’t matter what you know, it matters whole you know. There is no policy regarding anything, if you refuse a claim that is not warranted and that customer complains you would be penalized Wrongful claims are entertained if the customer shouts and yells but are refused to decent law abiding people
It was one of the best experience i had, for an interview. It was a friendly atmosphere created by personnel manager. Well they asked question related to the specific job and stayed on track.