Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

walmart
CASHIER/FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2018
good place to work... eeveryone is helpful and friendly. it was nice to work in a happy place. managers are rude as heck and not understaning what so ever
Nice coworkers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 July 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked for in my life. The management is lazy. Extremely unhelpful. They make up their own rules and go against the rules. People constantly quit because how they’re treated. I’d never suggest this place and if you do get a position look for another job
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible management. Bad hours
fun place to work
Sales floor Associate, Fulfilment Associate. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2018
Walmart is a fun place to work at. I would get great amount if hours the people I work with are outgoing. only problem I have with this job is management they are very unorganized.
nice and clean workplace
Customer Expierance SalesFloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC29 June 2018
nice people, very clean but have to deal with angry callers and people are very disrespectful to you. the managers are nice to talk too. the customers will yell at you for not getting the other people to talk to them and they will make a huge scene and ask for a manager, its a good job overall.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not flexible
an ok workplace
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 June 2018
very long shifts, they do not allow you to have shorter shifts.
i have gained great experience working in different areas.
always had to work days after each other, very exhausting
benefits
Cons
long shifts
welcoming atmosphere with excellent managers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 June 2018
Walmart Canada in my experience was a great place to work in. I always knew what was expected of me thanks to managers who were devoted to helping employees with any questions or concerns they may have. I knew I had many opportunities for career advancement thanks to the clear requirements laid out for me to aim to meet. I would highly recommend Walmart Canada to people of all experience levels
Pros
good management
Cons
large amount of customers during weekends and holidays
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK13 June 2018
Learned a lot about customer service and time management. There is nothing hard if you think its hard. Talking to customers is the enjoyable part of this job.
Store Associate
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON11 June 2018
I worked in the sewing department at the time when they had fabrics to be cut. That specific department has since been shut down and is no longer available
good and comfortable working environment, great collegues. All in all its a good company
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2018
A typical day at working in Walmart for me was getting there super early and put everything in order before the day starts. Ive learnt a lot working there, I enjoyed every moment working there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Good for a time but not forever
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 June 2018
Walmart is plagued with bad management which leads to much frustration. If you are lucky enough to enjoy the company of your co workers and pride in what you do it can be very enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Managment
Great People, Horrible Management
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2018
Honestly I loved working at Walmart because of all the great people you meet and work with and you end up creating long lasting friendships. But the worst experiences I have had while working there was dealing with management who treated me and coworkers like garbage on a regular basis. There was even a manager that would constantly flirt with the Dairy Associates and made everyone uncomfortable which caused a female employee to quit. Overall, Walmart is a great place if you work in Store Standards or any position that doesn't involve a lot of contact with management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management were very disrespectful
Fun and exciting kind of job
floor associate, cashier, and Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC28 May 2018
I loved working with Walmart! A typical shift include me putting away stop, answering pages, giving prescriptions and helping customers. Management was an issue here cause they did not communicate changes and were very hard to talk to. I didn't find my job hard at the slightest bit and enjoyed all the staff members that i called some of my best friends. I also made a lot of relationships with customers.
Pros
People
Cons
No hours and low salary
Positive and friendly work enviorment
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2018
Great place to work. Friendly managers and great staff, flexible hours. A lot to learn about day to day business operations. It would be better to get more hours.
Fun Workplace
Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2018
It was a great experience working at Walmart. The management team was totally supportive and understandin. The collegues were also cooperative and supportive.
Pros
A lot of prons
Cons
No Cons
A great experience for a beginner, albeit with some short-comings
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 May 2018
Good managers and co-workers
Gives an understanding of the retail world
Machinery necessary for the job wasn't always functioning, which required extensive physical commitment
Pros
Experience
Cons
Equipment not up to mark
Great Workplace
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 May 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Walmart. The staff was great and the work environment was welcoming. I never had any problems with the staff nor the customers and gained lots of experience working there.
Pros
great work environement
Cons
worked mostly evenings
Good Starting Job
Toy Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
Lots of departments to work in. Was kept busy with putting out new stock and helping customers. Lots of positions to advance into for a young employee.
Best place to work
Wireless Associate (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK24 April 2018
Lots of appreciation and rewards for your work. Able to work independently. Very easy going team and support each others back. Lots of support from management
Disorganized, chaotic
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 April 2018
given 40 hour weeks in the summer 8 days straight, understaffed and hard working conditions. Many employees there were not interested with their jobs.
Love working there
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2018
Great people to work around. A typical day at work is fast paced but time flies. Everyday is a different day but everyone is really nice that you would enjoy it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

539.7K