Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 333 reviews matching the search See all 172,790 reviews
Very busy and efficient workplace
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 April 2019
Normally everyday I'd come in early and clock in and the placement board would normally put me in the foods department for the whole day. I spent the whole day maintaining the entire department, mostly alone, and would help with the online grocery orders when it got quiet. All of my co-workers were very friendly and management was very coordinated. The job wasn't very difficult, but it was enough to keep me engaged, and was enjoyable almost everyday.
Pros
very consistent work schedule, easy to book time off if needed, rewarded for good work
Cons
days can get really slow, long periods with no breaks
Stressful
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 April 2019
None to very little training, poor culture as this company in any store is run with favoritism and I found some departmental supervisors are racist. Also poor hours and they give best hours to the favorite employees.
Pros
Cons
Management favors some employees and poor schedules, poor work hours.
production at Walmart
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2019
its very very busy at all times you. there is never a time for just to walk around, Walmart you feel like no one is watching you but this is the type of company if you have done your job you must go help others out. Walmart is diverse company different people you are surrounded by so you have to be respectful of others. the hardest thing is closing, cause it feels like you are never done until the manager leaves. the most enjoyable part is that you get 4 breaks 2 15 min 2, 30 min which the 2 15 mins ones are accommodated for.
Pros
allot of breaks
Cons
public relations
great place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2019
great place to work at. Wal-Mart is a super corporation with you could get plenty of take away. You will realize that it is a lucky opportunity you have the chance to work at a remarkable well known company.
Great
Store Standard Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 March 2019
I really do enjoy working here. while some of the managers are completely awful theres is just as many that are fantastic and the job is so easy like anyone can do it.
Good work place, great place to learn teamwork
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2019
Walmart is a multicultural place, you get to meet a lot of people from different countries, age groups and ideas. Not only are your associates different in such a manner, the customers also bring associates to new products, let's say new food, new books.
You become confident working as an employee at walmart as you have to speak up and help customers and make new friendly relations with employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hour shifts
Nice place to work
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2019
Nice place to work and grow. They are very flexible and they give enough hours. The work is not hard bu very monotonous making it very tiring, Other associates mostly treat you like family,
Pros
employee discount
Cons
tiring work
wasnt good
Stony Plain Rd. - Cashier/ Fitting Rooms (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2019
this is the type of place that picks people to love and hate. the mangers like to pick on certain people. i literally got yelled at for going to the bathroom! they would change my schedule so often, that i had to start checking it everyday.
Pros
discount
Cons
dont always get your break, terrible management
was a good job
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 March 2019
on your feet constantly, have to watch the whole store pretty much. its Walmart. i was nice to help customers though because i seemed to be the only one helping them.
Good company, good people
Sales Floor, Unloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 February 2019
I've done almost every job here and they have all had their ups and downs, but I never disliked anywhere I was at at any given time. Everywhere I went, I trained with good people and learned alot of new things. Seasonal events like christmas parties, thanksgiving dinners, employee BBQs were just some of the events that were given to the employees to appreciate them.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
Dealing with the public
Great place to work as a teenager
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 February 2019
Basically a typical day at walmart would mainly start off with me doing buggies and keeping it full inside and if I am not doing buggies I would probably do self check-out or I may get paged to do something around the store.
I learned a lot throughout working at walmart in which I became smarter person around people because I was always around them.
The management was very good because I got treated fairly.
It was a very well balanced place to work at walmart and we celebrated every culture which made it great for everyone
Pros
Having nice long breaks
Cons
No cons
Steady Workplace For Reliable Workers
SALESFLOOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB21 February 2019
My day at work starts by coming in and working with my team guided by a department manager. I usually am in charge of overseeing the Electronics department by helping customers one on one and holding the keys to lockup. I also keep track of stock, changing prices, and helping customers in the photo lab.
Pros
There are many health and share benifits that comes with employment.
Cons
The workplace advancement is stagnet without relocating and educational advancement.
Great Place To Work
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE20 February 2019
A typical day at Walmart leaves you feeling satisfied with your day. So many things to accomplish in the run of a day, you'll never feel like you didn't get enough done. Because at Walmart there's always jobs to get done. Management will even give you a shinning star if you complete a job well done!
good job for sales and customer service
GM APPAREL SALES FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON27 January 2019
Customers from various parts of cities come and get their needs with a good and welcoming customer service team. Walmart tecumseh delivers satisfactory services to customers.
Positive environment coworkers, friendly, and co-operative managers
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 January 2019
Moving at all times, working on my own time, breaks were comfortable and the hours i needed were given to me. Quit position for school reasons and this is a big regret, there are no jobs as good as walmart.
Pros
Long hours, Long breaks.
Cons
Environment was not fast paced but very slow.
Most of the people that work there are very nice.
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON23 January 2019
There are lots of other employees to interact with. There’s also a lot of customers everyday to socialize with while they shop at Walmart. Wish benefits were available earlier then they are.
Pros
Hour lunch, paid breaks other then lunch.
Cons
Not enough hours
It’s good working place
store associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2019
Diverse working culture with friendly manager and always coworkers helping in each and every task of one another love working in Walmart excellent employer benefits
Decent environment
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON22 January 2019
A lot of work to be done constantly so you're constantly moving around the store and it's pretty tough on your feet. You can learn how to operate within different departments such as Home Shopping, Customer Experience, Front End as well as Fulfillment. Walmart Ancaster's management isn't by far the kindest but they do care about their associates. The hardest part of the job is knowing when to take your breaks and working out all of your breaks along with other associates within the department. The best part of the job is probably getting along with other associates and when working a 7-8 hour shift you get a 1 hour lunch.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Availability
Horrible
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON21 January 2019
Horrible work experience, managers don’t care about their staff at all... some staff have worked at Walmart for 10+ years and still can’t not receive full time .. they only give you hours when THEY NEED YOU not when you need them, they’ll find anything to give you a negative review about so at your 1 year review you don’t get a high raise, mine was 0.10 cents even tho I worked hard every day, I did work managers should do and I did the work other teams were supposed to do and I got no appreciation
Pros
Cons
Staff not cared about
Workplace with many friendly employees
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2019
Manager in my department was never around. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made in my department. Worked very hard on busy days because the buggy machine on the other side of the store was never fixed making it hard to keep up with the amount of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

546.4K