Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Usually they would be short staffed so I would be covering photo lab, electronics, and connection centre while still maintaining a balance within the workplace. Through out my time at wal-mart I learned to adapt to the environment and I became very informed on how to multitask and get my work done in a professional manner. The managers were helpful when they could, but I was learning many things on my own with my co-workers each day. The hardest part of the job was having a bunch of tasks that had to be finished in a short period of time. I dealt with this by always asking for help when my coworkers could lend a hand. The most enjoyable part of wal-mart was working with my team and there was never a sense of working with individuals and then going home, but more of working along side with your second family and then going home.
Pros
team work, environment
Cons
short staff, closing
was a key holder at A buck or Two and would start the day doing the books, would open the store, did cash, orders stocked shelves. I learned a lot about running a business. The manages of the store were helpful. Co workers were good it did have a lot of turn around in the store. I did not find a lot of hard things about the job, I just liked doing it, and that was the most enjoyable part was always learning new things.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
turn around in the store.
Wal-Mart is a fantastic place to work as a manager. I loved my job but what I didn't like is not being able to have a life out side of work. Couldn't plan anything I wanted to put my child in a after school program for six month and they couldn't guarantee to give me one evening a week off to be able to do this.
good place to work no pressure on you always takes care of the employs. always lively atmosphere.
  1. Retail Assistant Manager