Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Renovator

Typical day would be helping customers, where to find items. Help stock products. Organize the backroom storage. Help clean out the backroom. Hardest part would be having a not so great co-worker
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
relocation
There were too many employees that did nothing but walk around with their freeking cell phone in their hands rather than help customers. There was a lot of employees that didn`t want to help customers because it wasn`t their department. If you are a responsible employee,then watch out because you will be stuck doing twice the work since the other employees would rather hide and play on their phones and not do what they were paid to do.
Kind of hard to get work done from the employees especially the ones who have been there for 25+ yrs. Have to be very tactful. Very hard to work in a lower level. In higher level, have to deal with relatively reasonable people.
the other workers were friendly and respectful the boss was very nice as well
Overall Walmart was a very good working experience and they are very open and honest and hard working, very clean and motivational! Highly Recommend.
I worked mostly overnights but the crew there was pretty fun to work with. Management was efficient. The hardest part was unloading trucks that came in. Overall was a good experience.
If you have a great attitude, others respond well. The manager at this store is amazing. Works hard and gets to kmnow everyone. There's good and bad with every job. I just focused on the good and it was a great experience. I had a few health concerns and my supervisor was very kind and understanding of my limited abilities.
I'm not a very large person, so doing all of that physical activity all night was incredibly tiring, that paired with the fact that the floors were made from the leftover slag from when steel was a big thing in the area, really makes the floors hard and your feet ache after a few hours. Aside from that, the people were good, and there was enough of them that if you had to call off it wasn't a big deal.
Pros
The breaks were so nice, and had vending machines in the break room.
Cons
The managers refused to change my phone number, idk why?
Constantly working, which I really enjoyed. Working with the same crew daily. Nightly work 11pm to 7am Enjoyable work community and environment. Supportive and encouraging management
Pros
constant work
Cons
overnights
Worked as part of a renovation crew for a complete store overhaul. Worked full time nights setting up the store for a grand opening. Moved old fixtures, built new ones, stocked new departments.
Employees were awesome and fun to work with, including the managers but the job was very unpredictable. I had not known I was under contract. Very poor communication
Pros
work environment
Cons
unpredictable situations
I enjoyed the renovation job, the staff were all friendly, I learned a lot of new stuff. Almost everything I learned I could use in the future for other jobs. I was offered a part-time job with online groceries which I am currently doing. Will be seeking other employment as I need a full-time job.
My time working at Wal-Mart Ancaster was an overall good experience. I increased my work ethic aswell as learned new job skills I will apply in the future.
Pros
Overall good employer
Cons
Lack of advancment
As part of a team, we renovated the store by condensing certain departments and setting up fixtures for their grocery section.
Co-workers are great Typical day of work face department serve all customers Management decent not the best I learned how to manage myself when facing rude customers or how to assist a customer to fulfil their needs
Pros
good people
Cons
poor manegement
Everyone was team player and always willing to help. Everyone was friendly. There was always someone around to help with the heavy lifting.
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
supervisor/manager hard to find at times.
My time at Wal-Mart was short, but very enjoyable. The work was simple, fulfilling, and the co-workers friendly and easy to get along and work well with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Dusty
not worth the stress and low pay at the end of the day friendly people stressed managers low pay
Developed leadership skills. Made a lot of friends and developed more teamwork skills.
Pros
Relaxed place
Cons
night shift
A day at work i would be taking shelves apart, putting shelves together, stocking shelves, moving shelves, moving products.I have learned how to zone, read product numbers to put the products in the right spot.Management was helpful.My co-workers are many different races which i liked.Thier was not a hard part of the job.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many different people.
Pros
tim hortons was close
Cons
short lunch break
My work day always started with a morning meeting to let us know what has to get done for the day. I have learned how to read and set up modulars also price changes and locating products with in the store. Removing items and relocating them was a bit difficult only because customer were shopping and at times needed help. For the most part i enjoyed my job and working along with my co-workers made the time go by quickly.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
not having the materials need to do my job