Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Receiving Associate

Walmart works like a family run business. They are willing to work around your schedule to a certain extent, but you cant go in thinking you will get weekends off or never work afternoons. If you are realistic in your expectations you will get what you give.
A typical day was unloading general merchandise trucks and unloading other truck delivery's that came in for that day after unloading the truck we would go for our dinner break and come back and have to pick items from the designated area that they were placed for night shift to come in and restock the shelves
Pros
Team work
Cons
management could have done a better job was easy to get along with some of them and hard with others
Best company in the world to work for. Paid fairly. Encouraging management teams in place. I would highly recommend it to anyone in any career field. Join the Wal-Mart family!!
Its steady. Made some friends. Good workplace culture. Team environment. Physical. Overall a positive experience for what it was. Nothing crazy fun but never boring.
its an excellent place where the associates effort and well being are valued most and most importantly you can raise your voice,i have learnt alot the recent years i have worked with them
A mess sometimes, managers never communicate with each other causing problems between associates and managers. Salesfloor manager is very stubborn and cant be reasoned with
If you are looking for extra money then its a best place for part-timer. Expect to deal with customer by helping to locate their desired products. Ensuring the shelves are stock. As a associate, you will educate yourself on varieties of products to execute excellent customer service. Due to multicultural workplace, You will be meeting different people and their various attitude to work/deal with. Difficulties that most employee encounter was getting a chance to step up in the ladder through top management. I enjoyed most of my time meeting new people.
Pros
profit sharing, 10% discounts and 50% on Store Anniversary
Cons
Not Enough hours, No benefits
Only there for a few months before suffered a major injury which their health and safety manager attempted to file a counter claim with WCB.... Not sure what else to say.
My fellow employees gave great support in all areas, this of course included the Managers. Everyone is a a team player. The Management team is always encouraging growth and willing to help employees achieve their goal.
Pros
breaks
benefits
Open availability will leave you with 27-35 hours weekly. Managers vary as each person is different and will leave you either angry or satisfied. Diverse workplace with different people
Managers are very personable. Coworkers are very team oriented and are willing to help. Met very cool people who became close friends. They are willing to teach train you and give chances of advancement.
Management is very supportive to all associates, promotes equality in the workplace. Health and Safety is very important to everybody.
Wal-mart is a fun full place to work, working in Wal-Mart is like working with your family members where every body cares and loves each other. the management takes each associate like a bother or a sister
I enjoyed working at walmart the employees were very nice and the management was competent and I enjoyed working with them.
I enjoyed working for Wal-Mart of Canada. I was giving opportunities to do various jobs in different departments. I was always busy and as a result the days went by fast. Even though I was working in retail I was able to continue in the accounting field. I have always enjoyed account reconciliation which I did working on a part time basis for the Accounts Payable/ Invoicing Associate. In summary, Wal- Mart was a good employer.
Walmart is a very interesting place to work at.... It is a good place for those first time job seekers. High school students would find it a goo part time job. the management staff at Walmart, like anywhere can be frustrating, but in general will try to be flexible. For example if you have an emergency trip coming up and you need time off, they will try and sort things out for you. Another thing is that if you are being harassed by a customer or another associate, you fellow workers will stand up for you and give you support.
Pros
free special occasion snacks in the lunchroom.
Cons
terrible music played on the PA system.
The hours were good, they were almost always short staffed and the management kept revolving
- hard physical work- still learning all areas ofthe store and different merchandising techniques.- very good co-workers
  1. Receiving Associate