Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Walmart has recently renovated their Store Support Centre, it's a bright open plan office and offers casual dress code and work from home once a week. I find they are very fast paced, moving quickly from project to project which can be demanding, it's very easy to work 50 hour weeks including opening up your laptop in the evening and at weekends, in my opinion this is really an expectation for all Associates.
Pros
Modern open plan office
Cons
Lots of learning opportunities within the company. Consistent track record of positive results which means good bonuses every year. Some company policies aren't great for exmp you need to stay 2 yrs on a certain role in order to move to another. Like in most places it depends on the team but if your coach isn't very supportive of you you might get stuck in a position for a long time.
Pros
Competitive Compensation
Cons
Outdated company policies
Great place, and fun. There is always an event or a preview that anyone can attend to learn. They have many lunch and learn events with guest speakers and senior management presenting.
Pros
Every day is different.
Cons
Communiction
I traveled across Canada doing store set for the last 5 years. Other then a few managers that showed it is who you where not what you could do was very good. My piers where great. The hardest part of the job was being away, living in a motel room and eating reastuant foods on a daily basis.
Pros
seen Canada on Walmarts Dime
Cons
being away