Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Produce Manager

I enjoy working with the company because of the challenge in managing my department. Walmart has given me the opportunity to broaden my management experience with great training tools and positive feedback. I've found most of the management team to be respectful of their associates and easy to approach. Fellow associates are pleasant and as a result it's been easy to make friends. The hardest part about my job has been the endless learning opportunities, for which I enjoy the challenge!
Managing my area's associates brought out interpersonal talents that I did not fully realize I had. In my area, they were hard-working individuals who when shown respect, returned it with abundance.
Associates would not speak english on the floor or any work area. Uncomfortable place to work. Management had no idea what they are doing, and sat around in their office most of the day.
Walmart is the worst company I have worked for, I was the produce department manager and was only paid 15.49 per hour. For a manager of a department that large 15 a hour is beyond exploitation but somehow they get away with it. Another thing as well they expect you start as early as 5 a.m which is too early and have these crazy exceptions. Walmart at best is a stepping stone there's a reason why department manager only a couple of months.
Poor management and very demanding assistant managers, and not being supportive to the associates. we treated unfairly and work balance is not happening. Problems are not being resolved but instead task was given double workload for certain associate.
A typical day of work was stressful, there was always too much expected of staff and not enough time to do what was needed. As a department manager, i was always helping my associates to complete their tasks.
Started in fulfillment promoted to produce manager received 1 day (About a hours worth) of actual training then there computer modules, i'd complete tasks then have to remove what i just did because uppermanagement changed there minds. The pay was absolutely terrible, lazy management that only husles when corporate comes in. This place is a joke and unless you desperately need a job i'd personaly recommend you go else whare unless you have little asperation or are a complacent yes drone with no spine. The turn around is high for a reason.
Pros
Few nice people
Cons
Almost everything
High octane, fuel driven work. efficiency and time management is very much needed and required to work here. Great people, friendly and outgoing. Advancement not as reliable as spoken about.
Pros
fast deatil oriented work
Cons
lack of appreciation
The above company mainly deals with diversity. Everyone is welcome to work for as long as you pass the requirements. Their competitive package benefits is something to look for. Career growth is endless.
working for Wal-mart for 10 years and more i would say that this company is meant for kids in school and not for an adult that is looking for a career.
You build great relationships with the associates, it becomes like a second family. The work you do is appreciated and you can tell that your voice is heard.