Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Produce Clerk

Great first job for teens to gather first experiences and what exactly the work culture is compared to school. Management is great and very friendly here, easy to make friends and lots of employees to cover the amount of work necessary
Pros
Slow
Cons
Boring
If your a hard worker, youll be one of the few here. Walmart is full of slackers, if you care about your job you will be doing all the work. Most employees dont care. Ive never seen so much produce wasted in my life. They leave produce that should be refridgerated out for hours on end. No one rotates the produce. And even some produce sits on unrefridgerated shelves when it should be in fridge display. Managers threaten to write you up for something someone else did. You tell them you didnt do it, they said i dont care. Absolutely no work life balance. If you need to take time off they cut your hours. If you want abosultely no life, work here. They want you available 5 am till 11 p.m 7 days a week. But soemtimes schedule you at 4 am. Hours are all over the place, and ofcourse everyone knows there are no holidays. They tell you in the interview they are one big family and that they will care about you, but when time comes you dont matter. The displays are gross, so many times on end i inhaled green mold powder. No one wants to clean. Produce that falls under displays is left to rot.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Not treated well
Need to be busy all shift. Struggle sometimes to get everything done. Enjoy being kind to customers. Most co-workers are friendly. Some managers are nice.
The people you'll work with are alright so thats a plus, A typical day involves pretending to look like your doing work until the end of your shift and try to make things look half decent before you leave. if you know someone personally who's in management then you might be able to get some advancement, otherwise you will be part time until you decide to leave. The pay is minimum wage with minimal fluctuating hours some weeks you may get 30+ and some weeks you may only get 10hours. Management is terrible on every level other than the people you don't regularly deal with like payroll and HR people. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the management and overall how the place is run. the most enjoyable part of the job is joking with co-workers and leaving the building after your shift.
I love my job competitive wages Friendly staff Great mangament Yearly bonuses Lots of training Great team of associates Yearly raises Flexable with scheduling That's it
I worked in the produce department, and it was a fairly simple department. Lots of food handling and physical labor, not that much interaction with the public. Management wasn't all that great at my location.
No hours for competitive pay No management looking over employees Customers rude and obnoxious Management threatens you for your position if you call in sick to the store when the system call in doesn’t work
Pros
Do whatever you want
Cons
Goodluck
It is an ok place to work. They give you minimum wage. I work between 20 and 28 hours per week, normally. Next week, I am cut back to 18. Management is friendly, but do not answer questions. They just tell you to go to the computer.
I am able to work in a workforce team management. I contain communication with others and have a lot of patience within working with others. I can mult-task under a stressful environment. I pay attention to all the aspects of needs from others. I can maintain a proper outlook to work within a team
Probably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. The management was mediocre and the new produce staff were lackadaisical. My immediate supervisor was unfit for her role simply because she had no idea what she was doing and had super unrealistic expectations of everyone. There’s absolutely no room for advancements and favoritism runs rampant. My suggestion would be only take this job if you’re fresh out of High school and are looking for work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else you can imagine
The Mgrs honestly need some training In Leadership and being professional. They do not handle situtations well and do not take employees seriously. I liked the vacation time.
Pros
vacation and sick pay
Cons
poor mgrs
Working as a produce clerk is a hard job, but it is also fun, if you like working alone. I like working with fresh fruit and veggies. I also like the fact like you worked alone most of the time.
Pros
fresh fruit
Cons
heavy lifting
Walmart is a great job for someone who is working part time and attending school at the same time. The managers at this store are very respectful and curtious
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
co workers
Great place to start as a first career. Training was offered on site with CBL's. Managers were very open and welcoming. Schedules were flexible and management was willing to work around any conflicting events.
lots of hours up and they give you raises if you do your job well. Management is mostly a mixed but for the most part they do a good job. They're really to work with people to fix problems in the work place.
Pros
some free meals, free drinks
Cons
will phone your house a lot to pick up shifts
Had problems with personal issues addressed to them and did not care for my health and safety at all or ever for the time I was there...not a fun environment
Cons
they just opened up the location where i use to work and i has just started high school. they gave me 2 12hr shifts and told me it was by mistake....i got use to a schedule 4pm-11pm and then all of a sudden it changed to 5pm and i made the mistake of coming in at 4pm for my shift and instead of the manager take me in the back prep area to explain that i started my shift an hour early, they instead ganged up on me (3 grown men) in the middle of the produce area where customers could hear and see what was going on.....needless to say i quit shortly after out of embarrassment.
Pros
had some really nice co-workers (minus the managers)
Cons
managers were power hungry
didn't like the managers the job was easy and there was little supervision. the hours were pretty good. there was a 12 hour weekly minimum and a 37 hour max.
most enjoyable part of the day is meeting someone new everyday, listening, talking, about what you did this past weekend. enjoy the company of others.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Worked at Walmart for about 5 months. There were lots of opportunities to learn new things and make new friends. Overall it was a good first work experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
very little recognition. Absolutely no work life balance Personal days have to be booked 3 weeks in advance. Racially biased AGAINST white people Randomly changes polices that where working don't like it you can quit Runs on a less than bare bone staff to "save you money"previously dangled carrots of certification were offered, insisting it would guarantee a graduation into higher pay, but once hired, no one was given the opportunity to complete the extra training, and thus all employees were left to stagnate with no hope of increased pay. This company values their own profitability even at the expense of recognizing experience.
Pros
Not to sure
Cons
They weren't very nice