Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Processor

The Short time that i was with Walmart was satisfactory. The Managers were very helpful in teaching me new ways of Merchandising and techniques,The staff and managers were very friendly
Pros
friendly staff and managers
Cons
not enough hours to support myself
I worked in a few departments aswell as cash. I loved working there. I also did store sets were we flew to other provinces paid by walmart to set up new stores. All expenses paid by the company it was great.
Great place to work. Always learned something new each day. Ability to grow within the company. Enjoyed working with a different variety of cultures. Always had a morning or afternoon meeting to update on how the company was doing and what the goals were for that day. Managers would ask for volunteers to help in different areas periodically and knew who they could rely on. Thats how i managed to discover almost every area of the store. Make yourself available for change more times than not.
Pros
Benefit packages for family were awesome, always helping charities and fundraising in a fun way
Cons
Constant management changes
For 4 years, I've been a cashier with a great customer service, fast and friendly. Now, as a fashion processor, I've learned how to process in the back-room, to be even more organized within placing the products on the sales floor. I have a good time management to finish my tasks. Although, the communication needs work, since our team in the back-room are not aware of all the changes on the sales floor, we need more communication between the morning staff and the evening staff. The hard part of my position is to make room for the new clothing on the sales floor, for example: scanning all the clearance clothes to be move elsewhere for the new clothes to take place.
Pros
great colleagues to work with
Cons
technical problems with some of the tools
Definitely a demanding place to work at as you are constantly expected to do more with less. Generally the employees have a distaste towards how much they get paid for the amount of work they put in, but if you are working here just to make ends meet then you are doing it completely wrong. As being one of the biggest companies on planet, if you are an individual who is willing to take initiatives, there is a lot that can be learned while working at Walmart regardless of your role. I feel with the management most of them definitely lack professionalism as they are hired internally and have not seen better so to speak. The difference between an internal and external hired manager is noticeable. Due to this factor alone I feel it is something which hurts the workplace culture the most as it gets passed on to the rest of the employees and which is why many of them stop caring for their job(s) to the extend which they should. The possibilities for growing within the company are tremendous, but the transition from retail to corporate seems nearly impossible. After working for several years you can definitely become a Store Manager at some point, but for someone with a college/university degree who wants to move into the Corporate division it just does not happen as often. To sum it all up, the work can be overwhelming at first but with time you ease into it and adopt to the pace. You will never get bored as you work with so many people that there is always room to have a small chat with someone every now and then. As being a DSD Processor the part I loved the most about my - more...
Pros
Breaks, and flexible shifts.
Cons
Wage.
i had a good experience working for the company. the staff is very friendly and kind.The only problem about the job was not having enough time to finish the work for the day.
benefits
Cons
short on staff
Working at Walmart i learn how to have good customer service.... They really appreciate your hard work. They will encourage you to learn more things for your advancement.
Walmart doesn't value hard working people and praises the slow and dime witted. I would not recommend this place for anyone.
Fast paced environment, worked overnight shift. I had to ensure stock was in place and department clean for the morning staff. Walmart provides lots of learning modules through their computer system which is a necessary tool to perform accurately.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
hours...working graveyard
I usually work in the back , unpacking the new staff.While i was working in Wal-Mart, i have learned how to do cashier, answering phones and zoning. My co-workers are very kind and helpful. They help me when i have so many work to do. The hardest job in Wal-Mart is to lift some staff from the back. Besides, management of Wal-mart is good.
Pros
Sometimes we get free food, like pizza, coffee and chicken.
Cons
more shift
Cant be full time or permanent in my position. The position entails me to come to work at an early time of 6:00 am, starting the job by opening of boxes from a minimum of 4 pallets a day. Though I like my co workers and I enjoyed working with them and its the most enjoyable part of the day but I still feel like Im overworked with a small pay.
Pros
part of profit sharing even as part time worker
Cons
cannot be full time or permanent worker with benefits
I would say working for Walmart is a very good experience. Being a part of it teach you lot of things. Its a retail giant and enables to you learn every detail of retail business and how a certain product reach to the shelf and from there to our customers home.Weekends are most busy because many people are off on weekends and they come out to shop. Management manages the store and associate pretty well and they are very friendly and always ready to talk.