Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Photographer

I would run the cash register and take the pass port photos, I was only seasonal but i was able to also help with the photography when I was not busy. I really enjoyed working with the customers.
If you’re new, they pick on you. If you are uncomfortable with something they pressure you into doing it instead of helping or working together and they cut your hours if you didn’t do it right. If there’s an a good reason you can’t make it in, no one will cover for you and if they do, they’ll make you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the space. They didn’t even pay me the correct salary. Rude stuck up bosses that make customers think they’re great but horrible to employees. Unless you want to end up scrolling back through indeed, don’t work here.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Although this is a very demanding job it was a wonderful place to work. You need to be able to work alone and fast paced, and be very good with your sales! It is a very rewarding job in the long run!
This was my favorite place that i worked at so far, working with children and adults and people of all ages and culture made it very interesting and entertaining.
Pros
photography
Cons
low on staff
it is a very rewarding job for the soul, but not so much for the bank as the wages are not good, you have very limited movement of the camera, youre expected to produce high end photography but have no mobility.
Pros
customer
Cons
wages, mobility
Managers are unprofessional. Talked down to regularly. Made to feel you are not important and worthless. I would never return there to work again. Never!
Pros
life balance
Cons
management
Since I didn't work for Walmart, I actually worked for CPI Corp, the job was a bit different hours were nice, and guest interaction was always fun. Taking pictures was something I enjoyed, and enhancing them was even better, making a guest happy with the work you've done was something I enjoyed. Hardest part of the job would have to be taking babies passport photos, but it was a challenge that made work enjoyable.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Long shifts
I got to see many smiles while taking photos and also received many compliments while working. I was always bringing a positive attitude when working with each client to make them feel at home!
Not a very friendly place to work. Not really good hours. Would of liked to do more photography choices then just the sit and pose. Wouldn't work there again.
The only time I enjoyed doing this job was during peak season for Christmas, otherwise it was pretty boring with lack of customers daily. The pressure to get customers in was sometimes overwhelming considering the number one thing that turned people away were the prices.
Pros
Meeting new people and the feelimg of being proud when someone loved your work
Cons
Slow season, boring, prices
Very welcoming and flexible allowing me to go to school and work. Showed me all the steps I needed and was also trusted alone at the store. Did great work with training they provided
When I was hired I had an amazing store manager and an amazing district manager. District manager got married and moved. new district manager came in and power went to her head and she made a lot of changes that caused a lot of people to quit.
Pros
free photography session for family every year
Cons
getting puked on by babies and toddlers during photo sessions
Fun workplace great staff Worked as a Coop student Very professional Family Friendly Great customer service Amazing work experience
Pros
Enjoying employees company
Cons
didnt get paid because of coop
A typical day at work was actually fairly busy. It was a lot of work at times but I did learn more about photography and cameras and I really enjoyed that part of it. I learned that the customers needs always come first but to stand up for yourself in the most professional way possible so that you don't loose your job over an unhappy customer. The hardest part was keeping my emotions in check when I felt attacked by a customer and also when it got really busy sometimes I found that overwhelming. The management was not overly great. At first things were okay but I had personal experience with the manager at my store and it was not pleasant to be around her at times. She referred to herself as my elementary school bully so that says enough on its own. My other co workers were fantastic. I loved working with a few of them and I do miss being around them since I do not work there anymore.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management was not professional with me
the portrait studio was a company with in the Wal-mart umbrella. doing family photography , school photography , wedding ect as well as photography i opened the store and closed at night with cashing in and out depending on the shift . i put together family portrait packages and i also trained in passport photos.
Pros
making family photo memories
Cons
2-3 photoshoots of many ages, take photos, upsell, check out. 20-30 passports take photos, cut, stamp and ring customer through, stuff animals do the wish dance and do up adoption certificates, ring customer through
Pros
closed for an hour for lunch break. never the same thing everyday.
Cons
only one person working at a time making it extremely stressful when it gets busy.
Every day was busy. Managing the whole studio alone with too many responsibilities was not that easy. The management was awesome. I learned how to be multi-task. Taking picture of kids was fun and enjoyable.
Good job, easy to do, training is fast and you do the same things everyday. Fun job for anyone. You learn how to pose clients, how to edit pictures, and how to take a passport picture. Staff is friendly and always there to help.
Pros
Easy to do
Cons
Slow days are boring
Reason for leaving was they were going to fire me for needing surgery and that I would need 6 weeks off. No breaks and bathroom breaks were frowned upon. I didn't like being the only one there.
Pros
got to do what i liked
Cons
horrible to employees
I managed the studio for 10 months which included filing paperwork, bank deposits, maintained the studios cleanliness, made sure the customers were always kept happy, I worked with family's/individuals to make sure their portraits were exactly what they wanted the most enjoyable part of the job was when they walked out with a smile on their face . I also did passport photo's and have a lot of knowledge on passports.
Pros
loved my coworkers, and maintaing professional relationships with my customers
Cons
were unable to work with daycare schedule
I definitely learned a lot while working at the portrait studio. I loved learning how to properly shoot basic photos as well as let my creativity shine through. It's definitely not a job for shy people since we were always out in Walmart getting people in the studio for photos and drumming up business as much as we could.
Pros
Building relationships with regular customers, hour long lunch breaks, full day shifts
Cons
Not enough hours, not easy to get a hold of management