Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Photo Technician

friendly and courteous .. always speaking to the customers in a friendly manner.. sometimes a smile goes a long way.( I quite enjoy interacting with my customers and having a repore with them.)
my review for walmart is, i enjoyed it very much, i had a very nice time working there. i would alk to work everyday and it was right there waiting for me. the beautiful photo lab of walmart.
Pros
smoke break
Cons
the people sometimes
Management was an absolute mess, & there was little to no store wide communication. My current job values coworkers socializing between each other & believe it’s key that we are all connected; all employees are automatically entered into a group chat. Where as Walmart has none of that, making it impossible to find people to switch shifts w & xyz
Working at Wal-Mart brought me a great sense of self-accomplishment for the first 6-7 months of working there. Thankfully I was able to be placed into Electronics which made my job a lot easier than most given my knowledge of most, if not all, electronics that we sold. It was easy going with customers, being able to help them with their purchases but even going as far to debug current issues with some of their tech either at home or in hand. Problems started to arise when we lost a lot of staff and when the store decided it needed a face lift. Our department was shrunk to nearly 1/4 of the size that it use to be, with very little movement to work stock and assist customers without being in the way of other activities. It did not help either that we were expected to work short staffed(more often then not I was heading up both Electronic and Photo with no help for 8 hours straight.). Forced to take early lunches and breaks to accommodate the lack of bodies on the floor, or having nobody to cover and missing them all together. My specific management was not awful in any means but at the same time took any complaints and issues with the smallest grain of rice. When confronted about employee bickering and needless drama that stunted the flow of work I was told this is how every job is in a very belittling way. Don't get me wrong, I have no qualms against the company itself, it provided me with a great experience and helped me get over my social anxiety by being forced to assist people face to face with products in my realm of knowledge, but the management was - more...
Pros
Good hours; amazing co-workers
Cons
Poor management which led to the decline of people's attitudes
Working in the photo lab was the most painful experience ever. The customers were absolutely delightful to help/serve. but unfortunately the staff was what forced me to leave.
Previously, Walmart was all about customer service and being a team oriented and a enjoyable place to work. Due to workplace changes, Walmart no longer cares for customer service or team work, and focuses on simply merchandising and stocking shelves, and it was no longer a enjoyable place to work.
Pros
The co-workers and the team work
Cons
The switch from customer service and teamwork, to no customer service and just shelf stocking, lost the good people
I always enjoyed going to work. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful.Management was nice and approachable.Workplace culture was extensive.Hardest part of work was low hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Most of the management team was personable and took pride staff relations. Never a dull moment between experiences with both fellow staff and customers.
the management needs to have better communication, it is quite tough to run three departments with no outside help due to lack of staff, there is no recognition for positive actions.
learn how to work with big printer machines and how to be organised, also learned how to maintain the printers and teach the customer how to print properly
A typical day at work was being bored out of my mind because ours was a small store and very few customers actually shop their. My duties included cashier work, as well as fulfilling 1-Hour service at the Photo Lab (taking orders, turning film into photos, helping customers at the kiosks, selling cameras, etc). My co-workers were nice, but there was a lot of homophobia and racism behind closed doors, and sitting in the break room could be uncomfortable. I didn't feel respected by the managers. Some of them were bullies.
I really enjoy working at walmart, all the mangers are extremely respectful of the associates and willing to accommodate student availability. I have learned communication skills and gained patience from dealing with customers over 4 years.
Pros
Nice managers, good availability accommodation
Cons
lower wage.
As with any job, this can be a good company to work for. Despite the fact that people don`t agree with the wages paid to employees, this company does do a lot for communities (food drives, Breakfast Club of Canada, etc.)
great atmosphere training was outstanding, management was pleasant and knew how to do there job the things i learned i will take and hopefully use it for better else where
Pros
canavas mugs calanders
Cons
losing a great management
Hired to work in PhotoLab. Often only employee on duty required to cover photo, electronics, Toys, shoes, infants, automotive and hardware. Never enough staff to cover all the departments. Complaining continuous in lunch room, not a encouraging work environment. Trying to do a good job is not promoted when unable to take regular breaks. Cannot give the proper customer service I was used to giving and was demanded in other employment experience, because didn't have enough time to help when covering all the departments. Worst place I have ever worked in 30 years,
Most of the management there are alright to work with, although not without it's difficult people to work with. All together, however, a good place to work for.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with cranky customers and staff members. This company is too corporate the little ones don't matter to them.
Everyone was so friendly there. My day at work was ordinary, helped customers as needed, fun in the lunchroom. I learned a lot on safety and how to deal with certain customers. Management was great, they helped when needed and complied to most of my requests. This job, there really isn't anything hard about it, learning new things probably. The friendly faces is was made my day great everyday.
Pros
They would have free food sometimes in the lunchroom.
Cons
Minimum wage, few hours.
I learned how to open up and engage with customers. I also learned a lot about developing and printing 35mm film. I was taught how to troubleshoot broken machines and furthered my education on current technology, such as using cellphones to upload pictures onto kiosks
Pros
co-workers, hours, and line of work
Cons
no room for advancement
Wal-mart is a great place to learn how to work as a team. I enjoyed 7 years with the company and had a great lump of money in investments when I moved to a new province and a new job.
Pros
great team enviorment
Cons
not a good paying job
a typical day at work consists of getting the key to the photo lab and opening the lab then waiting for customers to come in and print pictures.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours