Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Photo Associate

A challenging step. A great place to begin and work long term for those who are comfortable with the pay and benefits that Walmart offers. Management is overall great, listens and answers questions helpfully, manages vendors cordially
overall it was an enjoyable work environment. Great co-workers, and possibilities of job advancement. Can be extremely stressful at times, especially holiday times,
Good job to learn lots, people were friendly and management was vary accommodating. Was a great place to gain lots of experience for future employment.
Great place to start for a first job, can potentially turn into a career, i love interacting with customers and making sure that they are satisfied before they leave.
Pros
Profit Share
Cons
open too early, close too late, very hard to gain recognition of hard working employees and promotions
While Wal-Mart as a whole wasn't always an enjoyable job I did learn a lot in my time there. I learned the proper way customer service is supposed to be carried out with patience and experience to better help and understand the customers needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an aggravated customer and approaching them the right way. The most enjoyable part about my job are with out a doubt my co-workers. They make coming into work fun for me.
Although my job is to interact and help customers I rarely get the chance to because Walmart is short staffed and I tend to find myself doing another Job.
Had a terrible employment experience with this company. Very immature management No Professionalism A lot macro managing like too many bosses like there's a Duty Manager who can be a Assistant Store Manager at the same time. Very confusing system of how they manage Part time workers. Also you work like horses on the go. They dont respect your origin, religion and other Part time work when they were informed during the job application process.
Pros
walmart 10% discount perks t to both part time and full time
Cons
long hours a lot of human rights violation or discrimination
One of the things I liked about working in Walmart, was everybody was really nice and helpful there. All coworkers and Managers were coperative. They taught alot of things, that help me in becoming good employ and a person.
Mix of photo and electronics department duties. Learned a lot about consumer electronics pros and cons. Hardest part is working late night shifts until 11PM, you do not get to see your family.
Walmart workers are usually told their tasks for the day at the beginning of the shift and must achieve the tasks while helping customers. Hence multi tasking is required. The environment is fun and friendly depending on the department you work in.
Co-workers are all great to work with, it's a fun environment. You have all kinds of opportunities to learn new stuff and to try different positions. The only downfall I would note, is that some of the male management can be a bit rude. Other than that it is a fantastic place to work.
Very energetic staff and managers. Its great to invest into a company and many people did. There is one downside to working with so many friendly faces, sometimes bringing issues up go unresolved because of friendships.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Forgetful Managers
Working part time at Walmart is like almost like working at any other job. Walmart is great with hiring employees of different backgrounds, race, and age. Walmart is one of the few companies that does not discriminate or judge wrongfully when hiring. The best part of the job is meeting customers and helping them. The hardest part of the job is being under staffed due to budgets and scheduling. The managers at Walmart are friendly for the most part. They encourage employees to strive for the best and gives advice on how to go move higher up within the Company. Every day there are group meetings which allow associates to be aware of things such as new products, sales, goals, stock prices, accidents, and other rules/tips. Walmart includes both part time and full time associates in celebrations such as BBQs, Pot Lucks, Charities...etc, which is good because it makes everyone come together and communicate as one store.
Pros
diversity
Cons
budgets and scheduling
Employess are nice to work with but managemnt are not experienced enough, rude and they dont give a chance to grow in the company and they dont appreciate the hard work.
photo lab: Helping customers with their photo's and orders.Every day you always learn some thing. The management; understanding, helpfull. The hardest part of my day is, when a customer comes in a needs photo of their love ones that has just pasted away. The most enjoyable part of my day is when custumers are happy.
Working at this particular Walmart was satisfying. My coworkers were good hard working individuals.
Pros
learned new things
Cons
high rate of turnover in staff
Cross selling cameras, video cameras, print pictures, develope films, dealing with cash, cleaning the kodak machines, cleaning the film processing machines and so on. The hardest part of the job is to deal with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is to process films.
Pros
processing films
Cons
dealing with rude customers