Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Would recommend working here, it was an easy going atmosphere with a lot of friendly people who trained you very well. Managers were also helpful and were there when you needed them.
This will not pay for your living expenses. This job is for students to make some extra money and for seniors to get away from home and make a little money doing it. Your full shift will not even pay for half a cart of groceries even with your discount.
Walmart pharmacy is a very good place to work with and your coworkers are very friendly and helpful. they have a good working environment. this company is well managed.
never ever felt like I received the proper wage for the years worked and other people that got hired would receive a higher wage which was not treated fairly at all
It was a good expeirence to advance English lahnguage skills , to understand Canaian way of customer service. The most useful part is an ability to understand medication dispensing process in Canada.
Walmart Pharmacy was a great place to start off. I gained a lot of skills regarding administration, people and how the pharmacy works. I placed orders, updated stock and price changes.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
part time
Love my job...most people I work with are fun,kind people. Supportive of family situations. Company is always fundraising and donating. The provide luncheons. We have potlucks. Overall happy place
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wage
I didn't have much experience and the girls there were super nice. they helped me a lot. they were really patient with me. they were quite friendly. They were 2 people at my interview, the pharmacy owner and the manager. i occasionally worked on the other side of the counter, placing orders and such. i got to connect with the clerks.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
no breaks
The job is very busy, I have knowledge on medications. We now have a great new manager! Workplace is safe and is constantly busy. I enjoy working in a team!
Pros
I am hardworking, driven and compassionate
Cons
I would like to work with residents as i find that more enjoyable!
it was one of the most enjoyable places i have had the privilege to work at. i thoroughly enjoyed the staff and the pharmacists and the customers. i recommend this to anyone
my typical day at work would involve joyful dedicated and easy to work will all individuals. I am very energetic and like to complete all tasks at the end of my day. I am a very well organized person work and at home, that makes my day much easier. I like to see people with smiles on their faces everyday and for them to be able to smile back at me, that gives me confidence in myself knowing that I done right.
Working for walmart is great.. the staff i work with are an amazing group of people that have helped me learn and grow and to become the employee i am today. The hardest part of the job i find when working in any pharmacy is getting close to patients that later pass on but the best part of my job is coming to work everyday with people i enjoy working with and helping all the patients that we do help! Its a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Losing patients you have grown attached too.
Nice place to work, friendly coworkers and management. High paced environment. Many skills gained by working in such an environment.
My day was always busy but enjoyable. I learned good and effective ways of dispensing medicine. Management was very cooperative. Co-workers were friendly. I enjoyed the job as a whole.
Pros
lunch break.
Cons
Job timings changes during the whole month.
This place started my career and everyone was supportive enough to help me grow as a skilled technician. IT gave me oppurtunity to train others too
Pros
team work
Cons
Communicating with the patient Assuring they are getting the right medicines and entering the same data accurately in the Database of the Software and maintaining the Patients profile to see on what medicines he was taking before and is there any possible interactions with any new prescription or non-prescription medicines. Everyday is learning with new scenarios and new ailments and concerns i learned how to be patient and empathizes and give the best possible solution for the problem. I enjoy the most is interacting with people from different cultures and get to discuss about the problem i enjoy also able to understand and give the best possible remedy for there problems i enjoy being appreciated by the customers and managers after the good work.
it was busy and face paced in the pharmacy the people were great and it seemed like a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed the time I spent working there
Walmart says it is a great place to work and yet they are far from it. They have no respect for the workers and cater to the management. They are disrespectful and do not allow for adjustments to schedules for family emergencies. I would NOT recommend ANYONE work here unless they thrive on being treated badly and paid poorly.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, toxic environment
Walmart pharmacy was a great place to work as it was a busy work environment and always allowed the opportunity to learn something new everyday such has better my customer service skills. The management also was great as it as organized and provided effective leadership in a work environment. The co-workers were also great and we worked as a team supporting each other with work related tasks. The hardest part of the job was dispensing medication to patients within a certain time span. I enjoyed working at the pharmacy as it was a close nit community that allowed me to personally cater to the clientele and work effectively with my co-workers.
Pros
Busy work environment, I was never bored
Cons
working in the awl mart pharmacy was an excellent experience. great friends were made and going to work everyday was always exciting. The 8 hour days seemed short because they were so much fun. We were able to get all our work done promptly and perfectly. A perfect example of how every work environment should be. When the employees get along the work load seems small and everything gets better.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
wage
Great computer system (kroll) supportive staff good work flow not too busy
Pros
long lunch breaks
  1. Pharmacy Technician