Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Personnel Manager

11 years with a company that treats you like garbage and their ROP is nothing, literally bottom of the barrel. They took away the Covid pay from their employees and the pandemic is FAR from being over. They do not care about their employees one bit. It’s all about making money not about making sure their employees are happy.
Pros
Cons
Treats everyone terrible
Good place to work, lots of room to develop and grow. They provide more feedbacks to Help us grow. People quit when they have too much stress from work
If it wasn't for the associates the company would not be fun. Typical day at walmart is never the same. Always something new to learn, Hardest part of the job was not having enough employees on busy day's.
Walmart is what you make it. If you are a strong worker and williness to go the extra steps, you will do well in this company. The incentives are great! Wages are higher than minimum wage and theres always room for advancement. Be positive and proactive and you will do well.
Pros
Incentives, Advancement, Store Manager
Cons
Negativity from staff - be proactive rather than reactive
Great place to work. This was my first career experience with HR and I recommend this company. I left because I moved and there was not an available transfer.
Pros
Career position
Cons
no room for advancement
The management try to shift blame in case things goes south. A typical day or any day is very stressful as it is very fast paced environment. It is easy to get in if its your first job.
Pros
few benefits with multiple organization
Cons
very poor management
The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting the people and getting to know the team at Walmart. I was sent for training in a Walmart a training site at another Walmart that showed me the ropes. I found the training to be satisfactory and meeting the back up team to be wonderful individuals and always helpful to me when I ran into problems.
A fairly toxic environment with very little focus or care for the people that work there. Constantly cutting good jobs and good people to hire lesser people for lesser positions.
Wal-Mart is very diverse. It is a great place to learn new abilities to help you go further. I have learned a great deal from my time there. The most difficult part of working there is being thanked for always going above and beyond your normal job duties and the lack of respect from co-workers and management.
I still work at Wal Mart, i am looking for a second job to aid in finances. I have a set weekly schedule which allows me to work elsewhere at the same time.
Pros
flexible schedue
Cons
no cons
-As a whole we raised several thousands of dollars for various local charities and families in need. -finalized daily payroll by 9am, weekly budget were completed 8 hrs before deadline -be proffessional at all times to every associate, when they had personal issues, guide them to various agencies for personal help. -analysis reports for managent team and send feedback to district office -hardest part of my job was keeping a straight face when I knew management was going to fire an associate - most enjoyable part of my day was when someone said thank you or took time out to drop by my office to say good morning.
benefits
Cons
long drive to work 126 kms each way... but I loved my job...
Budgeting payroll All aspects of payroll Resolving Employee issues Training and development Recruitment and selection Hiring and orientation Establishing rewards program
Interesting workplace; opportunity for advancement Diverse workplace
finalizing payroll, scheduling, benefits, work with excellent people and managers
Pros
close to work/ guaranteed hours
Cons
cant think of any
I like working at WM, that is why I have stayed so long. My co-workers are friendly and I enjoy a positive experience day to day. I have found an area to work that allows me to be productive and make a positive contribution.