Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Overnight Manager

I had a great time working at walmart. There are a few things they could work on thou; for instance, not enough communication between managers and employee. Also have more awareness on lateral violence in the work place! Being yelled at about an injury and not going through the proper protocol for incidents, is not proper for any manager to do to a fellow associate!
It is a wonderful place to start your career in retail business. One thing about Walmart is it lets you grow with your potential, it has lot of opportunities to move forward in many different departments.
Pros
Walmart discount
Cons
Stressful
The job I had was fast paced which I love but the management was useless. I had to keep people motivated but was very difficult because of management.
Don’t ever expect your family life to be more important than your job while working for Walmart.Working at Walmart is a soap opera.Everybody talks behind everyone’s back
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Stressful
Walmart is a great place to work. Everyone is willing to help wherever they are needed and easy to get along with. If you have any issues or concern management take it seriously and helps to resolve the issue. I really enjoyed working there.
A lot of opportunities to move up in the company but the salary is not enough to sustain my needs. The experience is really excellent. Multitasking and good leadership and helping co workers especially new to Canada. It was a fulfilling job for me as a manager.
I'm a hard worker that finally got a supervisor job after a year of trying to get higher in the company. Haven't received any kind of help from management to try and evolve my management skills and now having my store manager pursuing me to try and fire me ,I've been with the company almost 5 years but that doesn't make you irreplaceable.
There was constant pressure to pick up the slack of other associate on those who were dedicated and enthusiastic while not on others. Kills motivation
-New hires earn more than you -Management only cares about their own advancement. -overworked, little pay -forced to listen to depressing music -repetitive work -the harder you work the more work you're asked to do.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
This job will help you to develop communication and time decision skills. The communications between management teams and work staff are key to coordinate and deliver successful warehouse operations.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the management incompetence. The dauphin store has managers barely qualified to work as associates let alone assistant managers. The pay is a joke and the raises are usually ten cents. What would really help walmart is if they unionized atleast then the associates would have a voice.
Pros
Its work
Cons
Pay management raises the way you are treated whats required for such little pay
I was sold on a culture of teamwork throughout the store, but that clearly isn't the case. Beyond that, it's a good job, with a store manager who seems to care, and most people work hard.
This place has taught me the foundation of what it takes to become a Manager and to grow my skills in ways I could not have done by myself in such a time. I enjoyed working at Walmart because of the culture we had established throughout the years. The most enjoyable part of working at Walmart was being able to enjoy the time being there and working productively. From being an associate to becoming a member of the management I had learned what it feels like to be on both ends of the spectrum. It was a vital learning experience.
My day start at 10 pm with a hectic and unsafe backroom receiving area , other managers work with a no care attitude , the only thing on their mind is when the 8 hours will be finish , while some of us worked 8 to 12 hours sometimes without any recognition from upper manages .
loved overnights my nightshift crew rocked, never a dull moment, always lots of fright to be worked, 11 to 7 went by fast everynight, i would recomend night shift any day
It was funny working with Wal - Mart , they have good training system for its employees. I have learned different ways of Management while working with Walmart.
Provided a safe and enjoyable place to work. Also provided me with the correct training to become part of mamagement team. Also was sent to Arkansas to shareholders meeting to receive even more training
Pros
Provided excellent training
All about who you know in that company. Poison. Stay away will suck your soul and make you miserable. Unreasonable expectations. You try to do good and you get in trouble in the end. Not worth the pay.
Fellow associates are amazing; management team is pretty good. Good place to work at during the day; as well raises are fair even despite minimum wage going up.
Good Company to work with. Good management training program. Very strong support from from piers and associates. Good benefits , good vacation program .
The company was way better before compared to now. Less politics, people are working hard to get to the top. Now you see people get promoted faster. Some people deserves it, some people don't. Management team thinks that you're superman and thinks that working overnights is easy as 123. The way they talk to you is like you owe them a lot. Something has to change.
Pros
Yearly bonus, more hours.
Cons
Management, process never followed.