Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

It's a good place to learn and improve on your skills in a fast paced environment. People are generally willing to help and are very understanding. You are required to be exceptional with your deliverable.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Very fast paced
I love working for Walmart Canada. This company cares for its employees and offers a vast array of benefits. The care for its customers are second to none. I can rave about my store because I live it and see it everyday.
Good company with opportunities if willing to move to other places around to world. I would recommend Walmart if you are looking for experience in the logistics world.
Fast paced environment on a daily basis I learned how to keep calm in difficult situations and to advance my emotional intelligence skills. Management needs more training Workplace culture could be better Hardest part of the job would be learning to not take everything too personal. Best part of the job would be the people you work with. They become family.
the associates are great. The workplace culture is enjoyable and the associates really care. there is a disconnect between the managers at the store level and the managers at the home office
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no work life balance
An excellent environment to hone and fine tune managerial and problem solving skills that will bode well for future opportunities. Work life balance was a challenge and not necessarily promoted to the degree it should be.
Pros
many benefits for the associate level
Cons
work life balance a stuggle
Managing within Walmart's Canadian distribution is working within a very Fast paced environment that demands Continuous process improvement. They are dedicated to achieving the Clients demands and to simply be the worlds very best logistics provider Worldwide. The Distribution set up demands that you work very closely across a cross functional team to achieve success. I enjoyed the years I worked for Walmart and benefited from the demands of both the Client and the internal relations with associates helping me to evolve and hone my skills as a Manager.
Pros
Education, Vacation Pay, Company matched Pension, Strong Benefits, team enviroment
Cons
Long Hours, Hefty demands, Constant Change
Walmart is a progressive organization that continually changes to reflect the needs and desires of the local retail market. Working at Walmart had its challenges in dealing with a wild range of different cultures and geographic areas, and ensuring that the client needs were fulfilled. It is aggressive in cost cutting, and the bottom line mentality is promoted at every level, Each associate is response for ensuring the optimal customer experience, At times work conditions were hard with dead lines, but the team and personal relationships made up the negative aspects of the firm.
Cons
A goal driven and ambitious workplace. A good workplace culture with all people on a singular goal in mind. The customer.