Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Merchandising Associate

I do not know what to say about company here. It is good place to work but if you find bad manager then they will become trouble for you. Good for part-time job
Fun place to work, flexible schedules. Can meet and befriend a lot of people. Lots of things to learn as an retail associate to keep up with Walmart standards but pays of at the end. Work becomes stressful at times due to poor planning.
Pros
Highly diverse, safe place, equal opportuinity employer
Cons
Poor focus on training, hardwork is not recognized
Management does not communicate with each other about the needs of associates. Open door policy leads to having it used against you. Favoritism is high. Feels like going to High school all over again with all the drama going on. Mental health and physical ailments are seen as a burden. Poor theft prevention. Lack of general humanity from management. Can talk to co-workers about anything and everything but god forbid management finds out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
I had an amazing experience working at Walmart. I learned a lot of things which includes team work and team building skills. The hardest part of job was timings.
Working at Walmart was a great experience. As an international student, I gained good experience in a Canadian workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job the satisfaction of helping customers.
They are very accommodating there. If you have an issue you'll more than likely find people who are understanding and want to go out of there way to help.
I learned a lot about customer service. A typical day for me was cleaning and organizing the shoe section and some times i would change modules in other parts of the store
The job overall was good, just got a little much for me towards the end as they were short staffed. the job security is good there as they always need people to do the job
the working environment at Walmart is fun and fast paced. team work is the key. Managers listen to the employees concerns and help them resolve the respective issues.
It is nice experience to work at Walmart. Because through this job I learned how to face customer with their problems, how to complete day to day assigned task including helping customer when they need help from employees like me.
I highly recommend to NEVER get a job at Walmart Charlottetown as they treat you like a number not a person. Terrible management that scream at you in front of customers. Management target certain people and have it out for them. Absolutely ridiculous! Worked for 4 years and staff being hired when I was leaving were making at least $0.50 more an hour than I was. Asked for a raise and was denied due to a manager screaming at me and I stood up for myself. I was the one to get in trouble but she did not.
Walmart Pincher Creek has great staff other then the slow periods hours are good. Smaller store then most locations so easy to find merchandise for customers.
not related to my experience and study, but if you just need a part time job along with your studies, you have option for flexible scheduling. so good.
I enjoy the variety of work offered at Walmart, the interaction with my co-workers, and the customers. There are many tokens of appreciation provided by Management for jobs well done or safety goals achieved; i.e. pizza parties, cakes, donuts, fund raising accomplishments and, of course, the profit sharing. The 10 percent employee discount is very much appreciated, as well.
I worked two years there and the management miss treats and constantly uses employees without considering their personal life / well being. I'd only really recommend this job to people struggling to find a job as this will give you valuable experience and gives opportunity to train on machinery
If you are a newcomer or a student, then Walmart is a good workplace for starting. It pays $1 more than minimum and is brave enough to trust you as an inexperienced workforce.
Good environment with great managers. The time goes by very quickly. Mot enjoyable part of the job is working with customers. You have a work/life balance.
Pros
clean work, great people to work with
Cons
little pay
They pay very little and expect you to work as if your getting paid an insane wage. Management will try to cover themselves rather than stand up for you. It is good if you need flexible work because your going to school or university.
in as much as i love Walmart, the woman i worked with was such a racist to me ....am always afraid to go to work with the way she treated me..i can never forget how she made me cry a couple of times.my manager even told me she cant leave for me,that if i wanted to leave i can leave..that is the reason i left Walmart
Cons
bad leadership
It was nice place to work they valued your performance benefits are good bonus was nice people are good I love working there management was not so good butbits ok
benefits
Cons
management
Very good entry level job for students. Management is very good about being fair to all associates. great benefits all around and a lot of great teamwork
  1. Merchandising Associate