Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

My experience at Walmart was awesome. My boss and I got along great which help me get awesome pay increases. If your willing they will train you in what ever area you wish.
This review is for Walmart Keel & Finch. Their work culture and management are horrible. Store managers are often not cooperate with the suppliers and even mean to their sales/merchandiser. I had never seem anyone clean the back room and receiving area, it's always dirty, greasy and dusty. Another things is besides carboards, they don't recycle!
Pros
Regular workers are friendly
Cons
Dirty working environment
Great place to work at Really well organized Fast paced work All workers are friendly to work with also it’s a great company. Just stay focused on your work and it will be really easy for you also you will enjoy working there so I strongly recommend you to work there.
Open door policy is a farce, lot of politics and favoritism. Management is biased and unfair. They do not value the non management workers. Lot of bullying and harassment from top executives. Management never listens to junior people. Employees are treated badly.
Management is pretty much non existent at Whitby location and long time staff at this location are extremely toxic. If your looking for quick job until you find something better this place will do. They are always cutting hours and never show appreciation towards staff or a job well done
Pros
Job if you need money
Cons
Management, cleanliness, pay
job experience with that company is very good , friendly environment and management is also cooperative . I learnt many things. its the most enjoyable part of job
To many changes leaving many employees without sufficient training/education. Low pay/High Expectations Regardless of what you are officially hired for, get placed wherever needed(Based on the needs of the Company) Not enough recognition
Pros
1 hr lunch(Depending on shift)
Cons
no overtime under most circumstances/Low pay
I worked overnights and loved it. Yes it was hard at times but once you get the hang of things it was great. The managers were wonderful and some of the staff were great.
They terminated me my last shift of work and waited until my shift was over. No explanation why. I am a military wife and that is my life. No respect for military family’s that have to move frequently. k Walmart Kingston not professional at all
i am happy to work in Walmart in Kindersley that time before i have my new manager, after i have new manager he try change the deal i make with the original manager when i am apply my job, because i have to go home to my country that time , to not make any problem so i am resign
Lots of managers with bad communication in between. You are constantly compared to others and threatened with being reported rather than being taught how to properly do things. Bad management. Unhappy employees.
Revolving door. Not a long term financial job. Favoritism and white people are under minded. Bullying, empty promises, felt like highschool all over again.
Cons
Can be fun at times, and very stressful about half way though your shift for the amount of work that has to be done, and management does not always give you the help you need.
Great staff helps with dealing with unfortunate people. Only thing i dislike is working my butt of and getting paid the same amount as people who just stand around doing nothing. Great company lots of benefits just low pay
Unloading merchandise trucks containing up to 500 units of goods a day which the organization would sell Organizing backroom storage and stocked merchandise on shelves throughout the store Constantly worked to provide excellent customer care to all those within the store
The management of Walmart is very aggressive to the point of being abusive. I have never, in all the 35+ years I have been working in retail, been treated so poorly.
Pros
Good benifits package
Cons
Over load in work expectations
Having worked in this company for over 8 years I've seen a huge decline in the culture. They used to care about their employees, and now it's all about working them to the bone with no appreciation or any chance to move up.
Great for students or retired people. There really is no downside provided you don't mind little pay and high expectations. Standards for employees have dropped over the years but it is easy work with little stress.
Working at Walmart in Orangeville was one of my favourite places to work the people at my store including management were very laid back and understood if you missed a day here and there because of illness etc. great place to work with great opportunities for advancement as they look to their employees first when looking to fill new or better positions.
Pros
free lunch occasionally, good people, great environment, easy work, get off at 1:30pm.
Cons
customers can be annoying occasionally but otherwise a great job. early start at 5am
I have worked for Walmart in several locations .. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, a good place to work in general. I found that some of the managers were very friendly and others seem to want to be a bit pushy at some of the stores. I worked as a Merchandiser, Warehouse Associate, Cashier ,Store Standards and also Night Manager. When the trucks came in we had to unload them and sometimes the warehouse was very unorganized and crowded. It was frustrating as sometimes some of the employees did not show up and we were short staffed. When 3 trucks coming within and hour and you have to unload each one has to be empty. The warehouse gets crowded and if its unorganized already it makes so frustrating to put everything in a safe place and manner. Being level headed and keeping my cool , being very mindful of the tension , encouraging my staff to do a good job and rearrange everything so that its safe and will not fall over and hurt someone. The best part was the staff and the employees and working with customers. I use to help customers find products or work the cash and it was a good feeling. I am people- orientated, and love giving great customer service so when they came to the Walmart I worked and the shift I was on I made their experience very enjoyable. I learned that I had to be very courteous , patient, and smile alot. I meet so many incredible people who were customers, some want to chat and at the same time I helped them find the products they were looking , also processing their purchases at the cash.
Pros
Sometimes they provided lunches for us the staff on the shift I worked on.
Cons
Working in the rain or snow or other elements of weather conditions as Store standard, it was really hard work and drain me.
unfortunately you never get a weekend off unless you have a certain amount of years of seniority, working nights with no weekends off is a problem, I am not reviewing all stores only the one I work at 3007.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no weekends off