Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Manager

it's fun because you get to work with people but you'll get bored of it and it's hard to keep up if you dealing with poor management. The job get's repetitive and hard especially if you're dealing with poor management like mine. In my Walmart the managers would switch departments a-lot of times so we would new managers all the time. And time to time some managers would a lot of pressure on you.
Wal-Mart sometimes gets a bad rep but it is actually a really good company to work for. I made my own schedule. It was always busy so time always goes by quickly. Lots of interesting people to work with.
I really enjoyed by week or so that I worked there. I just knew it wasn't going to be a good fit so I didn't want to waist owners/upper management time if I wasn't going to stay.
Most Managers are great, however, it only takes a bad store Manager change to hurt moral. If pay was better and staff discount higher, retention rate of good staff would be much better. Too many great people quit because they can’t pay their bills!
It is a great place to develop essential employment skills. It was extremely flexible to apply for new positions, shifts and management was very accommodating to allow for post secondary studies and furtherance within the corporate ladder!
Working in Walmart is very demanding Market Manager was very difficult to work for showed no caring for Mgmt and totally ignored associates and their needs Walmart used to be a caring company and great to work for but that is no more they do not care at all about treating their associates with respect
This company has great plans and ambitious leadership. This is a great place for analytical and collaborative people. Be ready to work hard until the work is done.
Our store is exceeding sales budget but only because the current store manager continiously hassasses his management staff. Rude and menn comments are made daily about them in front of store associates. He also sends hurtfull and demeaning text messages that are just nasty. I would love to have called the ethics hotline but his past behaviour with mangers has been accepted by H.R. so our store managemnt team is forced to work with the "supposed leader" so they can pay the bills at home. 70 hour work weeks with no "thank you's" are an every week occurence and somehow H.R. finds this acceptable. This is by far the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Some great associates to work with
Cons
Store Manager
would recommend for a student going to school not for a career, over worked under paid. no job security for management, the only positive is the people you work with
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Working with cash registers and large amounts of money. I was responsible for all cash registers to be opened and closed at beginning and end of shift. Closing the store with another Duty Manager.
Culture is not good. People that's been there for a long time don't like following rules, as a new manager, it was hard enough to adjust with little training plus the attitude of people makes it harder. Higher management are the hardest people to follow rules, they break rules, specially safety, and they are setting a bad example. The most enjoyable part is working with some people that really likes you.
Was good until new managers came, too much micro managing
Pros
People
Cons
If your not a male good luck advancing
Good company to work and management support you in taking risks in order to meet company objectives.
Pros
Team work and work life balance
Cons
nil
I loved my job and enjoy working with customers. I take pride in what I did and my coworkers were like family. The downside is no work/family balance. Like 90/10. Lots of room for advancement. Huge mix of associates in age, race and religion. That is the greatest part! Hardest part is the politics....should be fair share of work and it hasn’t been. There should be accountability for this in all levels of responsibility. Too much favouritism!!!
Pros
They sell everything in one store and you get 10% discount on almost everything
Cons
Long hours and no work/life balance
Good culture and people. You get the odd, occasional miserable person. All in all a good place to work. There are too many people who apply for the same internal jobs so it is very competitive.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Upper management and room for growth
I worked with a great bunch of people,management would surprise us with lunch if the sales where up.We made our own fun helped each other.We got involved with fundraising we had to ride this 30man bicycle.We did the breakfast for kids that can’t afford it programs.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Inventory
I worked at Walmart for 7 years I only stopped working there because we had a new baby and had to find something with a little more pay I would still be there other wise
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Retail
It is a very productive and fast paced work place, the employees are friendly and the managers do their absoloute best to meet the needs u require in the workplace.
Pros
Hour break and two 15 minute one`s on 7 or 8 hour shifts
Cons
Can be extremely hot outside while grabbing carts
Very faced paced environment. Some advancement opportunities. In Management, expect long hours and high expectations. Employee training programs available
managers are incompetent, HR ladies are hypocritical and borderline unprofessional. Why would you allow yourself to work long hours with, heavy work load with minimal pay? Stay away of this chain, work for another company. People are just not treated right and your basic rights will be violated if you allow it.
Good place to work if you are young and ambitious and are willing to make sacrifices to move up. They have a good employee discount (10%) on most things. They have a good ethics policy and standards. Some managers are better than others.