Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Maintenance Person

while I worked at the Midland Walmart, was hired to help with the reno for the super store opening in 2008, eventually offered full time work to the maintenance crew. personally i liked my job, but it was rather stressful for others I worked with. Management changed and things got worse. rating at review time for wage increase was not so great. if you were liked you got a decent rate, otherwise got very little raise in pay. guess you had to be a butt ----- to get a decent raise.
Pros
worked mostly alone on maintenance
Cons
miserable
Walmart was there to help me grow and was there when I was down in my life too. Unfortunately, personal matters happened and I need to quit my job. Now I am willing to move on with a different career.
running the burnisher with a old holding-spring hub ,used the threaded turn hub The management is very good the work place is good always checked safety and looking for other when working and on top and getting things done on time The hardest part of the job is working on the wax team i found The most enjoyable was running the Zamboni
Negative stigma of working at Walmart, but really it did pay my Bills. I didnt feel taken advantage of or disrespected. Big company so you're not going to be valued but it's not a career there so....
One of the worst places I ever worked, never got a credit card to make purchases until a week before I was fired and I was there to repair stuff its kind of hard without a way of buying or getting parts and tools. Was given a cube van in January in Western Canada with no winter tires. Clueless and borderline inept management.
nice clean workplace, my supervisor was always helpful and made me feel welcome and appreciated at my job. I would highly recommend anyone to apply for a job at Walmart.
The hardest part about the job was learning how the machines ran for the first time but that was easily overcome. The managers were also very reasonable and friendly.
Another great place for that easy and repetitive 9-5, sure it can get busy over the holidays but who doesn't. nice and mundane for that person who doesn't want to think to hard while they work, plus the night shift are great if you are the type of person who enjoys being a vampire of sorts
Pros
Repetitive
Cons
repetitive
The collective staff works overnight to restock shelves and clean the building for the following day. We'd have a short meeting to assign sections and go about a routine for most of the night. The work is straightforward and could be finished with time to spare so your not working under pressure. The worst aspect of the job was dealing with management. The supervising staff was woefully incapable of performing their own job while criticizing others for the way they performed their jobs (ie working diligently and finishing early). Additionally employees would be hired for one job but expected to take on the responsibilities of a different position they were not formally trained for and usually for a lower pay grade. My coworkers experienced similar problems with management and how staff was distributed between departments. Some departments would have a surplus of employees that would have to assist other departments, and some employees couldn't take their scheduled breaks because there would be no one to relieve them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mismanagement, monotonous
I worked over night maintenance for 4 months. Because of understaffing i worked full time hours. I was told by my supervisors that i would qualify as full time employee..after the 4 months were up i inquired about the full time status and benefits...i was then took aside and told since they didnt schedule me for those hours...they werent giving me fulltime and that id still work those hours but they woupd never write me into the schedule properly. I hated everything about working there. Try to mention union in there..and everyone is trained to bow there heads and walk away. Stay away from this aweful abyss.....i hope they go under
Pros
Cons
Every aspect....especially management that get bonuses to keep you under
The job was great but no benefits and very little pay. Management was good too and the job was easy to work well I attended high school. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with customers.
Pros
work environment
Cons
wage
Overall, I loved working at this company. A typical day at work would include: keeping the store cleaned at all times. Helping with stocking the shelves. Dealing with the public. I worked got involved with the Social committee and the Health and Safety committee. I was friends with both the staff and management. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job would be the people who don't do their work and leave it for others who are already busy.The best part was working with the staff, we had fun while we worked.
Pros
The hours were flexible which I could work around my schedule
Cons
Staff who did not do their work
Transportation was feasible. Great hours as well as great management and co-workers. the customers were top priority and were top priority which made the environment challenging which what I was looking for.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Over-Time
Over the course of time I've been at Wal-Mart I've noticed management consistently makes a fool out of you. They single you out and ignore simple requests made such as booking time well in advanced off, cutting back hours and not keeping equipment up to date. As of late I've been forced to look for a new job and my hours have been decreased to a minimum. It's sad that they have so much money but use it on the wrong things.
It was a good experience for me. I got experience as well as lots of new things to learn from my seniors.Working in team is always the best part of this job.
They do not know how to treat employees fairly. No communication and push until you quit or get fired for not completing the pushed task. Bad Bad Bad .
Flexible hours all shifts available graveyard days Room to grow Lots of different positions available Fast pace Friendly co workers I have nothing else to say about working at Walmart
Pros
All shifts available
wal mart was not my favourite place to work, found some management hard to communicate with, others were fine, long hours, hard work for not much recognition, wasn't for me. hate to say bad things and not all people find it a hard place to work,
Management lacked in training. I was hired for Maintenance Position I applied for as that was my background, and right before December, was told I was being moved to In Stock position, without warning and that I would no longer be on maintenance. This store did not care at the time. Management were wishy washy, and you never knew what to expect day in day out from them.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Management skills, employee fairness.
I spent 11 years at this work place. The other staff I worked with were pleasant and easy to associate with. I worked night shift so for the most part it was easy to get the work done in a timely manner. I learned how to use the electric machines and found it much faster than doing the work by hand. Management was very easy to work with and I had no problems with any of them. The workplace culture was very diversified. There were several different cultures represented and for the most part they were all very interesting to work with. There was some language barriers but nothing that was too difficult to work through. I can't say that there was any very difficult parts to the job. Sometimes I had a limited time frame to get all the work done that needed to be done. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people from different backgrounds from mine.
I would go back there in a heart beat the only reason i left was because i did not enjoy back shift and it took a tool on my health but overall an awesome company!