Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Maintenance Associate

Despite not being talked about, you will definitely notice and feel that there is still racial discrimination in the branch where I used to work. Don't want to expound on this topic anymore. But you can still make inquiries from present workers at the branch where I used to work.
Nice to work over there having good management system. Easy to locate everything as there is proper distribution of sources. Further staff is very humble and cooperative.
not exactly the most exciting minimum wage job. you could find something that paid more no problem that would be much more exciting than walmart...........
Pros
zzz
Cons
not enough
Most of the public wouldn't know, but last year Walmart head office contracted out ALL Maintenance department work to a private contract. Thus ALL maintenance workers with Walmart Canada lost our jobs, benefits etc. Some experienced members in the department were offered jobs with new franchisee, Modern Cleaning Concept of Montreal. I worked for Modern for a few months, but was unhappy with the whole setup, specially the franchisee where my job was "Transitioned", and after 3 months I quit. I miss the Inhouse maintenance department coworkers, and the managers at my store.. I know of one or two former Walmart guys who moved to Modern, but have not heard of anyone who is pleased with the new deal [we were promised matching pay and benefits, but management with new company was totally incompetent and difficult to work with.] I also learned that although Walmart said they would consider 'rehiring' me, any applications I have sent in since then have had no reply or acknowledgement. I assume I have been blacklisted. I only wanted 2 more years till retirement, darn it ! Big company only cares about bottom line profits, little people mean nothing.
Pros
Was a good place to work, emphasis on "WAS"
Cons
Not much job security for anyone.
I worked overnight there for 6 years, and wish I had been able to stay longer. I found most managers to be respectful and competent, and my co workers were friendly and pleasant. Company benefits were available, and were mostly decent. Being such a large company, there are a lot of rules and strict policies, and in time I came to understand most of them. Management can be very helpful and supportive, however, and I mostly miss that about the place.
Pros
employee discounts and benefits
Cons
Hours are either not enough or too much
- Go there Work hard do your best - Learned to do my job to the best of my ability - Not always prepared but tried to be as helpful as possible - co-workers pitch in with a be as helpful as possible attitude - severely understaffed at times - Going home being paid
Pros
Many employee benefits as well as community works
Cons
at times understaffed but they try
If you're looking for a part time gig while in school, its a alright place to work, otherwise I'd advice you to look elsewhere since getting full time at walmart is like pulling teeth.
Pros
Alright student job
Cons
Horrible job for a career
Working with the company is enjoyable, challenging and much to learn, you learned to be patient, resilient , and respectful at all times , the management is great in dealings with employees giving clear instructions before the start of the day on a day to day basis, co-workers always observed company policies avoiding any kind of discrimination, there's no part of the job that is hard enough to do for as long as you are enjoying it. over-all its great experience to work with such kind of company.
Would be a great place to work if management listened more & communicated with each other & staff. Working with fellow associates was mainly enjoyable.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
No communication
* Hardest part was to go on different shift almost everyday * Managers from all the levels were so nice, friendly, cooperative * Co-workers were so nice
Its always busy managing and cleaning wal-mart every night. Having to work at night shift is very tough. As one of the members of the management team, we are assigned tasks each must complete, from cleaning, wiping, waxing, and washing one area to another. Everyone is nice, and I cannot see anybody complaining about anything. Since wal-mart is such a huge place cleaning the whole store is demanding on time and on people, when I am assigned to a large area, which happens every 2 days, it gets really hard to finish in time. I would say the most enjoyable par of the job is everyone's friendliness. Everybody is just friendly to me .
Pros
Yearly profit sharing
Cons
short breaks
Un boxing stuff, putting stuff on shelves, mainly cleaning u and Zoning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was a lot of work doing what I did.I found the management a little over whelming at firstthay were nice to worked for .Very helpful at first thay seam to try and work with you.thay were good to work withtrying to remember all I had to go and do it right.I enjoyed being thair,doing my job I
Pros
nice dinners with staff
Cons
be on your toes
Every night is a heavy load of duty for us maintenance team, being physically fit and mentally ready are basic requirements. My duty requires independence and cooperation. As a team we divide our work into sections, assigning different tasks for different individuals.Simple, yet physically tiring tasks such as carrying loads of stocks, vacuuming, waxing, and cleaning vast areas of floor. Including washrooms sinks, toilet and other fixtures. Associating with my co-workers is simply a matter of teamwork and respect for both them and myself.Whenever somebody's absent, their work will all be given to us instead. Since we lack people in the team, there are more work and tasks given to us more than usual. This is the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have a party for a "job well-done".
Pros
free 10% discount as a walmart employee
Cons
night ship, and risk injuries due to heavy loads of carrying objects
Excellent store in Collingwood. Friendly staff make it easy to get along.
Pros
overnight premium
Cons
could be higher pay
dealing with different people is a typical day at workhandle the different situation regarding what the needs of the customer.the management is sometimes hard to reach.my co-workers is enjoyable to work withdealing with the moody customerlearning something that i don't know,and appreciate other people what you do to them.
Pros
discount in the store
Cons
short hours
  1. Maintenance Associate