Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Lube Technician

Local management was great. I wasn't paid nearly enough for the level of work they had me doing. Tire technician is not something everyone can do. Not to mention I was the only tech for a while.
It's Walmart. If you like ppl alot then go ahead. But after 3 year's you fine you can't fix stupid. If they payed more to work there, then it would be a nice store to shop
I worked in the tire lube department and the manager at the time was awesome he was helpful knowledgeable and very easy to deal with. The coworkers were knowledgeable and friendly.
great staff, good for people seeking team orientated positions, very understanding staff and open to suggestions on how to improve the work place and customer service.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
It was generally okay. but lack of management support and supervision has lead the place to fall short of custmers and eventually die down. needs better managers.
Started the day off by inspecting and preparing the machines before beginning the workload. Serving customers and working on their vehicles. Management at the store was pretty poorly handled. Had no regard for the automotive center, the employees there had to run the garage by ourselves.
This company has strange ideas in the tire and lube department it takes 2 guys to do a oil change and filter I know of a single mom had leak in one tire they needed a new tire but she should have to buy 4 tires the other 3 tires were like new I checked 4 other tire shops and they there's no need for that is this how they help the consumer there use to be 12 guys on this shop now it's down to 4 I wonder why
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
A great place to start and learn. Co-workers are very friendly and the job is easy. Every day is a new challenge since you are facing with new customers and different needs. Working is fun and management is great but there is no advancement in this job.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
advancement in this job is not possible
My typical day at work is getting dirty with oil and tire changes. What I've learned is that not all Wal-marts are created equal, and that its the management team that makes the particular store. Speaking of management they are by far one of the better teams that I've had the opportunity to work for. The hardest part of my job is that I find that we are way over worked and not have enough staff. However the most enjoyable part of the job is that when not overly stressed it is a fun place to work especially when in the shop.
Pros
The pros of working here are the perks and discounts that you receive
Cons
The cons are, over worked and under staffed. And the hours aren't as promising as they could be.
Good crew to work with in the Tire and Lube section. Unfortunate that most positions are part time with no room for true advancement or incentive to move up.
lots of dirty work conditions and homeless outside. minimum wage for a very labor intensive job. management is quite poor and there is no drive to improve the workplace.
Pros
its a job
Cons
low wages
mount balance install tires change oil and top up all fluids help customers with tires that suit the needs of the customer clean and maintain shop and stock
Job is interesting and fun, work colleagues are great and fun to work with. salary is pretty low, not many benefits, job sometimes is slow and lacks work.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
bad pay
Walmart is a terrible place to work, where they treat their employees incredibly poorly and the management doesn't care about you at all. The management is incredibly disrespectful and demand nothing but absolute respect from you. They expect more work from you than what they pay you for, and they force you to work in positions that you weren't hired for even if you don't have the training for it. All around Walmart is a terrible place to work that should be avoided if you are looking for employment.
Some days can be incredibly busy, and others can be a struggle to find work to do. Ive learned to work many of the machines within the shop, As well as most of the equipment and computers within the store itself. Some of the management i feel like I'm talking at not talking to. My SWAS manager is one of the easier ones to talk to. Most of the people there do have smiles on their faces and are quite friendly once you get to know them The hardest part of my job is trying to organize breaks, coffees and lunch breaks. The lack of staff sometimes makes it hard to have coverage in departments The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to see the smiles on customers and employees, Helping others and giving tips and suggestions on what they might need. Ill give my two cents to anyone who asks for suggestions or alternative ideas
Pros
%10 discount card upon employment
Cons
The current lack of staff
As much as people hate on Wal-Mart it's actually not a bad place to work, mind you the pay is on the low end, I worked in the automotive department and was either helping customers, stocking shelves or conducting oil changes. Do your job, don't steal and don't instigate altercations with irate customers and your pretty much set.
Pros
work environment, lots of support when needed.
Cons
part time, odd hours, lots of mandatory availability for part time hours
Professional and energetic environment . Employees are well trained and friendly . Store is usually clean and tidy . Most staff are helpful with other staff .
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Varied hours
The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The enjoyable part was working over nights. Everybody worked as a team. Management was very co-operative and helpful when needed.
This company has taught me how to have patience with co-workers and customers. I mostly work in the Tire Lube center changing tires and oil, occasionally a battery or two. When not working on vehicles I spend time in the hardware department, zoning and putting away stock. Over all haven't had many complaints about the store, lovely people to work with and management is easy to get a long with and always understanding.
Pros
10% discount and profit sharing
Cons
Long travel to work, and never closes for snow storms
With the poor work schedules and and inadequate management team I have to say this is one of the worst places to work. Management does not value their associates and will constantly talk down to you like you are stupid
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor management
working for walmart is a very positive experience but the hours lacked as well as the pay. for the mechanical work and labor that i have done was worth more pay.