Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Officer

Room for improvement in the work/life balance. Also, could change up the pay scales for different sites. Increase the benefits to cover all meds, not some. Most people are good to relate to on a daily basis.
Il y a une mauvaise ambiance de travail. Il n'y a pas d'avancement en emploi ou d'avenir. Et, on recoit aucune reconnaissance sur notre travail et aucun encadrement au travail.
As an Asset Protection associate, it is not worth it. Walmart gives you nothing to protect yourself during an arrest and management doesn’t back you up. They expect you to ask the person who stole to come back inside and it doesn’t work that way. People run or hit you. When it comes to protecting product, Management doesn’t support you making your job more difficult. When you tell management someone walked out a fire door with a cart full of merchandise management responds with they don’t have time.
Pros
Asset protection makes their own hours
Cons
No way to protect yourself, Lousy pay for putting your life out there, Lack of support from Management
I am with Walmart last 20 months it’s nice place to work.You have eight hour shift and one hour break time included.You can get 10% off in store.They provide really nice benefits medical dental and vision
Unusual interview process however when in a group I understand. I'm just not use or knew I was going to do a group interview. Management is great and I'm paid well with yearly a raise.
Pros
Schedule, management, wage
Walmart makes you do every work even if you are hired for something else.And the wages is to low for the work we do .Its not only work you have to deal with customer who asks crazy question every day.
Walmart is a good company, Salary rate also good and it’s good for new peoples. Walmart management and associates are too good because they are friendly. So I appreciate for Walmart company and management. This is my Walmart. Love You Walmart...
Liked fellow employees, management constantly interfered with loss prevention officers to make arrests and recoveries. Then discipline for violation of ridiculous hands off loss prevention policy.
Pros
Great fellow employees
Cons
Lousy loss prevention hands off policy.
Very difficult and competitive environment at the retail level. Provides for great experience however due to management and high turnovers it becomes difficult to advance and progress.
The managers feel whatever they are doing is right. You are never consulted in matters related to your field of activity. Management always complaining of low sales but never make an effort to increase them. Most of the time managers sit back and relax at the back office than being on the floor.
I worked at Walmart since 2008, and I really enjoyed it. They provided and pay all my trainings, investigation course, license, and others. It’s a great company, I love Walmart.
You gonna have at least 5 supervisor - no one have your back - no room to grow - To much work and they still gonna give more to do - pick on u to do things right - Strange atmosphere- workers are miserable. Skip if you can.
i'll say this place is ok. not the greatest place to work at, some location yes but where i was at no, I've asked the manager so many time for a partner never happen. It's very stressful working alone they managers walk all over you.
Walmart is a good place work but need to do more on salary. The environment is a good place to work with friendly management team and cooperative coworkers.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Low salary
They told me x amount of hours and x amount of $ for my wage, when hired the contract was way less for salary and hours. They said they'd send another contract, they sent another one with no changes then expected me to sign it. Sorry not sorry you need to put in the contract accurate figures as to what is promised in the interview.
It was just a bad experience, The manager was a flake and just blocked me all the way to the end of my training. I have a lot of experience with loss prevention but had to wait until I could not take the place anymore and quit...
Pros
It is a job
Cons
mind numbing place to work
The treat you like trash and micromanage you even though they don’t know how LP works. The district manager is a jerk and could careless about all the LPs in his market. The pay is ok. Suppose to be able to make your own schedule but the store managers all change it and force you to agree to it. Would never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
I enjoy working at Walmart! New loss prevention guard. Lots of potential to grow if you know what you're doing. So far so good and theres no better place to work than Walmart.
Pros
Benifits. Bonuses and potential for growth
Cons
Havent encountered any...
Full of rumours even personnel gossiped about associates Management walked like they own slaves- associates And not to mention they are so ignorant mainly due to the lack of education Pay is not owrth the risk hli take and raise is 0.47 yearly Store manager will try to micro manage your job rve tiugh there is a DLPM So basically it's a circus However i can say many associates are well-educated and great to know
Pros
It's walmart what pros
Cons
I enjoyed working here, just some family issues arose and had to change fields. I do miss working here the staff was amazing and you felt right at home. I would go back if I could. Great benefits, as to always aquiring new training and advancement in the company is encouraged daily.
Worked at Walmart as a Loss Prevention Associate and some locations management was good to work with but for the most part management was to intrusive, and always attempted to micromanage Loss Prevention Associates and they do not understand to job whatsoever. Also there is a huge lack of communication and due to this it is a very disorginised place to work at. Now I don't mean every Walmart will be this way but the locations I worked at in Calgary were definitely awful to work for!!! I would not recommend it especially now that the policy changed to no handcuffs for Loss Prevention yet they still push for arrests but most times Loss Prevention Associates work alone so due to working alone with barely any back up from management and no way to protect yourself or enforce the law it has become unsafe and impossible to properly do the job properly.
Pros
Benifits and we could make our own schedule for the most part
Cons
Bad management, low hourly wage, lack of communication, not properly equiped
  1. Loss Prevention Officer