Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Laborer

I never had an issue working here, however some of the managers are not very smart about their positions and some are just power hungry and its ridiculous
Fast paced. Work was good. People were good. Flexibe hours. Worked overnight which was suitable for me at the time. Overall I would recommend as a starter job.
Am talking a great experience working at Walmart. Its really a good place for me to do work. Overall an awesome experience. I want to continue my this work.
Best pay in town by far, but of course it comes with a price. The team leaders are hired off the street for the most part & have no idea what the job actually is like on the laborer. They're trained to focus on numbers on paper rather than the people performing the tasks that run the company which in turn creates a very hostile relationship for some workers and leaders. There is no hope for acquiring day-shift unless you take part-time or are okay with having a terrible schedule.
Nice staff. Great co-workers for the most part. very accomodating as long as it falls within what they want from you. Senior management is wonderful .. department managers need some revamping.
Cons
long hours, no breaks or lunches
Working there was good, they don’t really understand sick notes but it’s okay. I got fired because I was constantly in the hospital with my daughter in cheo
Many departments that can use a variety of skills. Management takes into consideration needs of employees all the time making work and social life much easier. Days, evenings, night shifts offered so there is a time slot that can work with anyone's schedule.
They only care about the mighty $. They will lie ti your face as long as it benefits them...Believe no one in management they care about no one, act as if the do.
I like to interact with the customers and greeting them into the store. I made sure the parking lots stayed clean and took the carts to the designated area.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
standing for long time
I worked at night with a crew that handled the store when there was no customers. we handled the trucks, major stock and we got to have fun. It is a different place at night, more alive, the staff seem depressed during the day.
Great place to work and meet people. The work is fairly manageable, however, difficult to maintain a balance between work and your outside life. TL's are very understanding and expect you to do your best.
Good energy Good environment Fast paced work set Good business Enthusiastic Needs a lot of patience Working there, you definitely need focus I would work there again
loved working here anytime, always got the work done on time because it was always easy from the way they showed you and besides that I'm an excellent worker
Pros
always working, long hours
Cons
I worked over nights so their was no working with costumers just going to work putting out freight . working with minimal supervision. unloading truck.
Pros
getting a pay check
Cons
being too tried to have a life with my wife which ended
Fasted pasted and easy and learned to work with others with multitasking. Management was awesome along with the work culture. Hardest part was been short staffed. best part of the day was working as a team
The environment of this workplace was amazing. I enjoyed the people i work with they were fairly easy to get along with and kept work fun. The management gave no problems to staff either.
meet a great management team no benefits not bad pay, perfect team very organized on how we ran our department. got along very among each other always cracking jokes and boosting each other
The jobs easy, if you're hired directly through walmart thats the way to go, if you're through an agency don't even bother.They say they will hire you on but really you'll just work for dogs wage doing the same job as everyone else while also being treated like you suck.
Pros
its a job
Unqualified management who date each other. Unpaid overtime. Dangerous workplace. Disregard for safety. Lack of any kind of workplace culture. Felt like a prison. No opportunity of advancement unless you're dating a manager. Impossible deadlines.
Pros
Highschool Job.
Cons
See Below.
Very goal driven company that always requires more from its people while at the same time cutting hours and the number of people to carry out work duties.
Pros
Company paid benefits for health and dental for full time employees.
Cons
Less personnel in store and less hours given.
Very busy, high volume products moving in/out, leadership needs improvement, very physical, friendly atmosphere(mostly), company needs more family time, always working stat holidays