Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Jewelry Associate

I enjoyed working for Walmart every shift I worked. I would work again for this company as enjoyed it so much. The only reason I quit was to be home to care for my very ill husband.
Pros
Meeting lots of friendly customers and working with great people
Cons
standing on my feet all day
Walmart was an awesome place to work , easy to understand tasks and till operation. Responsibility given to all employees and weekly non mandatory meetings for anyone who would like to give insight on how they think the company could improve and/or how the individual store could advance and be the best. Great team environment with managers that focus on interpersonal relationships with employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Covering 4 departments when too many people call in
Duties would include - cleaning the general area such as keeping the floors clear of debris, keeping the displays organized, stocked, and free of dust - putting out the daily stock and checking it off on the truck log sheets to confirm quantities - keeping track of jewelry sales that are over a set dollar amount - general customer service - changing watch batteries as well as replacing wristbands and pins
Pros
Lots of hours, great family like staff environment, lots of set paid breaks per shift, lovely regular shoppers
Cons
Unorganized department manager, departments left unstaffed had to be covered by jewelry associate or left unattended, upset customers tend to take out anger or front end staff and cashiers.
being a student in high school walmart was able to provide work hours for students and make sure if they were in extra curricular activities that they were able to get to them
i enjoyed working at Walmart, I am a very friendly and out-going person so working with customers is amazing. I enjoy meeting new people. Also the employees are a great group of people to work with.
Pros
the people were always soo friendly, made allot of friends
Cons
A typical day at work was an enjoyable experience for the most part. It was easy to make friends, everyone there is very nice. I learnt how to deal with people and broaden my retail and work experience. Management was decent. Most of my coworkers were amazing! Very friendly and willing to help with anything. The hardest part of the job was dealing with costumers that weren't satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to do new things.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Open too late
Personel constantly gave me shifts while i was at school. It became a problem and when I spok to the lady about it, she called me liar.
In my daily routine at work I would be organizing everything in the jewelry, purses, backpack and luggage section. I would also be making and helping our with modes for all of the items. I worked with the till and helping people pick out jewelry for their loved ones. I learned how to do a lot and how a store works and keeps on sustaining.
Pros
very nice people
Cons
could be very busy at times