Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Inventory Control Specialist

The work is very simple but the management try to over complicate everything. The hardest part of the job is when you finish your task too fast you got to take over someone else's work and in turn make you day harder while someone gets an easier day
I made a lot of friends at Walmart. I loved the 10% employee discount. Walmart offers opportunities to many people and many clients. In the beginning Walmart introduces the company from when it was first establishing its first building to current timeframes. Walmart gives a great understanding of how to get the job done through coworkers, managers and even computers. Providing the best information for the employees to work as a team.
If not for the clique among management, low wages, inability to keep people, it would not be so bad. Managers would be okay if they had realistic expectations about what people are willing to put up before breaking.
Pros
Simple work environment
Cons
Poverty wages, lacklustre work environment and sometimes belittling managers
this has been one of the best companies i have worked for, hands down. its a fun,professional, comfortable environment. provides great benefits. understanding management, etc.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Walmart is not the place to work if you enjoy actually liking yourself. The company cares only about making its money and will push employees to the ground in order to climb higher.
Pros
None.
Cons
Feeling worthless, all the time
Wil always miss all the great people I met working at Walmart. It has been over 6 years since I have worked there and I still keep in contact with the managers and staff. A real pleasure. The only truly bad thing I have to say about my time at WM would have to be that I worked my tail off, working overtime, going above and beyond to ensure that my backroom was the best functioning backroom a store manager could ask for and there was never any compensation for said hard work. I would set up meetings with managers in regards to my advancement within the company but to no avail. They wanted to keep me where I was and I wanted to expand with the company. Essentially that is what led to my leaving of the company. Overall, WM has a great atmosphere and wonderful relationships can be made there, but for me atleast it wasn't a place to grow.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no wage compensation, no advancement within company
the grunts at walmart like i was are funny and awesome to be around but the work was always hard and they pushed you to do more and more i would never want to put any of my friends or family in that work place
Pros
Cons
longer hours and no thanks for those long hours
Walmart is good place to work if you're in school but not as a full time job or career. Underpaid for the amount of work assigned.
Its a great place to work but lack managerial leadership. Some associates get little recognition for there hard work. Its a good opportunity to get know different people
Pros
Associates Discount
Cons
Minimum wages
Wal mart is a fun work place. You get to learn something new everyday. Very professional and supportive management. Nice place to grow along with the company.
The good thing working at Walmart is the flexibility of the work schedule, except during weekends wherein, favouritism plays a big part in approving work schedule request.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Extra heavy duty jobs, and inequality in weekends day-off i.e. sat or sun. that is priority is given to closer to manager
The pay at the time was not much to raise a family on, and the advancement at the company was not easily accomplished. Great place for students, flexible hours and very accommodating management.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Low pay.
This is my first place of work in the retail industry. Great team on management, out of approximately 6 managers (that i have dealt with), there is one weak link who was rude to employees regularly and was very unpleasant to work with, and no issues whatsoever with the rest of management. I learned to deal with customers, whether they were pleasant or not while working here and how to put the customer first as i would sometimes ignore my work duties to please customers. Seems like while I havent had an overly bad experience here, I have to say some of management seems to be out of touch with it's employees in that they do not seem to realize the workload they expect their employees. Other than that, not a bad place to work. Fellow employees are pleasant to work with. It's what you would generally expect from working at a Walmart.
Pros
Getting paid, social interaction on a daily basis.
Cons
One manager that ruined everyone's day.
fast paced environment , good management and coworkers . training was good explained all the different aspects of the job, i wish if the job had more room for creativity which will help improve the efficiency.
My work schedule at Walmart is a graveyard shift and I consider it very challenging because you have to finish your job before the costumers get in and you work with less supervision.
Pros
Employees are free to do their job within the frame work of quality policies and procedure.
Cons
I was not able to get the chance to prove my worth as an employee.
Not a good place to work.... No motivation from management for handwork... very poor salary.... unrealistic expectations.... hours cut off...
no management leadership take stock out, put it back, never any headway made.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor management
Wal-Mart could have used more workers in the backroom to keep up with the deadlines of inventory.
different work enviroment everyday, run a lean employee ratio compared to number of departments
I was part of the Inventory control team at Walmart. Which is on the receiving team. Our work day consisted of unloading the truck and putting merchandise on the sales floor. It was fast paced, as we only had 7 hours to get the work finished. Management was not above helping out when and wherever needed with merchandising. The hardest part was probably getting up and down the ladder with merchandise in our hands. The most enjoyable part was the fact that there were no customers in the store so we were able to work quickly and efficiently at getting the merchandise out on the sales floor and the store was presentable at opening
Pros
working the night shift
Cons
the commute to work
Working with Wal-mart was interesting. Every night there is a different challenge to overcome and it feels great overcoming these obstacles with great co-workers and managers. Being at wal-Mart also taught me how to operate the machinery used by the staff, i learned how to operate a power jack, Walker stacker, Pallet Stackers. My co-workers are great, they are helpful when i needed help with the more tougher jobs that i could not handle alone. and the Managers are extremely friendly. And hen they see some one doing something wrong and they don't realize it they come up and talk to us about it and how dangerous something when we don't see the dangers around us when operating Machinery. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would have to be not making one of the many deadlines done in one night, because then it backs us up the net night and makes things a bit harder the next night. but thanks to good management and great co-workers, we worked harder and eventually we get caught up with the deadlines and thats makes thing a lot easier for all f us the next night. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be constant challenges that is given to us every night, Those challenges always test us on our abilities and to teach us what our own limits are so that we dont end up hurting ourselves.
Pros
Great Benefits and great People
Cons
Open 24 hours during X-mas Season was alot harder to handle