Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Instock Associate

Working here was ok, but management didn’t treat me or others with respect, very rude demanding, don’t recommend anyone to work there, plus there have been a Associate who had a criminal record and as well didn’t feel to safe
its a fine job if you need income and experience, but not much more than that, unless you get on manager tracks you could expect leaving within a year or so
It is a great place to work because they gave me a job. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have had a job from the time before being hired, to my resi
No flexible for anything outside Walmart your personal life comes second most off the part time hours are not enough to live off.as for job security they're definitely not going anywhere.good people and benefits.
at first it was the best Job ever! untill they put me as Dept manager told the manger if this dosent work you puting back as maintenance he said yes,WRONG! the put me in the back as instock.ever since i havent been back as maintenance i havent been okay about it.Had no chose to stay nothing in a small town.
Flexible with hours, lots of employees, friendly environment. Work is moderately acceptable. May make you work around different departments if not busy.
Clock in unload trucks move pallets of product deal with entitled customers while restocking product clock out Its a pretty run of the mill job, dealing with the public in the service industry is never always a good time.
I really loved working here... the time went by so fast for me here because I got along well with my coworkers and there is always something to do so before you know it the day is over and its time to go home. I would love to work at Walmart again honestly.
Pros
1hr lunch, friendly staff, 10% off everything in store, benefits, always something to keep you busy
Cons
N/a
At Walmart if you work hard you are the only one working and the manager tells you to do everything and there are people who don’t do any work and managers never say anything and they just walk around. There are also some managers who are lazy and just walk around and sit in the lucnchroom all the time and if you ask them for help they will say they are busy and managers never take initiative for anything unless home office brings it up their attention and they don’t get yelled at. Their will be some stuff that should be done but managers never do they unless they get yelled at by head office and then they will start blaming us for it even though we were trying to tell them their thing before but since as I said they never listen to employees at all
Pros
1 hour lunch, easy job
Cons
Random hours
People are fun to work with my dept. was automotive and I had a great time changing tires and Oil.I learned lot about the different ways to do things and the different people I had as customers.
Pros
straight day shift
Cons
some of the Irate customers and how they would blindside the Managers to get what they wanted
The company itself and it's policies are well prepared to protect both the workers and the company. There's a good feeling of belonging and a sense of family among employees. Only problem I had was the store manager bragging about the amount of the annual bonus to a group of employees who were not eligible for it. Also some of the shift managers are a little full of themselves. Promotion from within is nice but sometimes a stockboy/girl should remain in that position. Also the hour long unpaid lunch that sees an 8 hour shift pay only 7 hours. In this day and age, people need at least 40 hours a week to make a living wage.
Walmart was a great company to work for. Very committed to providing a safe and professional work environment. Expectations are always laid out and they do their very best to make work enjoyable for it's employees.
It's not too bad to work here as long as you get work done. The hardest part of the job was receiving the products form the trucks and stocking the inventory.
Typical Day at work; unload the truck, brought freight the sales floor, inventory control with integrated computer system. I learned how to supervise a small crew up to 10 people, how to operate power equipment. The management had major problems with communication and follow ups. The workplace culture was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines until we got a good crew to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in the warehouse.
The Walmart staff are very open-minded, kind, and understanding. I felt very comfortable working in this environment and I didn't feel any pressure at all. There was plenty to do and it was good for self-growth and acquainting myself with the idea of integrity.
Was a great introductory job. Working at Walmart taught me a lot about myself as well as what I am looking for in a company that I want to dedicate my time to.
Walmart is a good place to work they provide plenty of hours as long as good benefits if you can get a full time position most managers that are employed are helpful and respectful
The job was working for less then anyone in the store while also doing the most demanding job. Management for my specific area and in the time frame i worked there 4 managers came and left leaving my group of employees hurt in the process. This meant scheduling issues and much more confusion for the stockers. If you are on your last resort then I'd say this is the job for you but if you can get anything but here I'd choose that. The student and work balance was rare and weekends are a must work it took me over 6 months to get one day off a weekend to focus on my studies.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Worked on all 3 shifts. The work itself is nice and the day to day 8 hours goes by super quick because you are always busy. Overall Walmart #1175 was a great environment.
Pros
Always work to do
Cons
No room for advancement no matter what company structure is.
Starts off by sorting all the stock into the separate departments, then you take a section and fill the shelves with anything that needs restocking. Great for building teamwork skills.
I have had a amazing experience working for Walmart. Get along and have amazing time working with my co workers. As a overall I find this job rated low on the income scale I find it hard to make ends meet on the minimum wage they pay.
Pros
Very accommodating when comes to schooling.
Cons
Income is on the low end.