Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Host/Cashier

For the most part this is an ideal place to work. The hours are decent, the employees are good to get along with. Management needs help, I feel like they are not always there to support their workers. The focus for MasterCard sales is frustrating, especially when 6 people have to meet goal for whole store, and only cashiers are required to do this. While part of the job to get them, it is hard when the staff is harassed to get them when no one wants them. Most enjoyable part can be customers, you get to know what they want and need from you .
It's a good place to work. All staff members is so friendly and they help each other evertime. They give good salary and provide incentives after some days
I found the store management poorly trained in regards to interacting with personnel. This resulted in a lot of staff turnover and poor morale among employees
Pros
Shift Scheduling
under staffed, over worked and easy to get sick. lack of leadership and management. not respectful of availability. but the staff that does remain are good to work with
Pros
yearly profit sharing bonus
Cons
poor management
It’s a joke. Atleast, the one I worked at, Trainyards. Management never communicates, therefore, if you make any mistake (or even if anyone ahead if you does) it falls on your back (because they never told you the right way to do things). I was a cashier and when I started, they gave me 30 minutes of training and put me on cash. A really cheap company, therefore, goodluck being fulltime or getting more hours than you originally receive. 10% discount along with that. It is only a good job if you’re trying to kill time.
Pros
30 days accident free means free lunch.
Cons
Everything else, literally
Walmart is a fun place to work for not ownly that you get to meet new people and you get to see what is new items get to help people out get a discount like 10 percent at Walmart and McDonald’s
Pros
You can pick your own extra shifts
Cons
Some of the customers and some pf the people you work with are rude
Enjoyed my job at Walmart. I really enjoyed being a cashier. I was a greeter first and then cash. All the people at the front end where great to work with. Always willing to give each other a hand.
Pros
Profit Charing after you put in your time
Cons
All jobs are mostly part time.
I learned everything there is to retail at the front-end of any store.Loads of pressure to ask customers many questions for promotions (mastercards, fundraisers). It was a bad environment, management had poor attitudes as well as poor training. They don't have good scheduling department. If you're in high school or newly retired it's the place for you.
Pros
lots of staff
Cons
poor scheduling
A typical day at work. Everybody is polite and greets everybody in the morning. A routine which I love to have really would fit in great in my life. I would always have a schedule ,looking for full time hours and would be happy working all Saturdays except one. Saturdays, what a busy day from the moment the store would open until the night it closed. Christmas was so busy, like Easter and Hallowe`en. Garden season time and summer what a splash! Being a cashier was very good, at the end of the day I could wait to get my feet up on the couch. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and learning, as well as using my memory skills for computer work on cash and Returns/Exchanges, as well Inventory. I really enjoy being on the floor redoing shelves, replenishing and organizing the clothes .
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
When there is not enough fulltime hours.
I will not and will never liked the political part of any job including Walmart. Loved working for the company and serving the customers at Walmart. During my employment of ten years at the store l developed my regular customers. I had customers that would stay in my line no matter how long it was, so l could wait on them. They would tell me so, and when asked to go to shorter line, would decline the offer from my customers customers service manager. I developed a good rate of speed over my time there, and became good at put customers thru the checkout. I always kept my station very clean and always ready for the next person. Always was willing to work extra hours and was often called to cover a shift when needed. I always tried to be at my best and smile when working.
Pros
Loved my discounts during profit sharing at the store
Cons
Not always a lot of notice when called into work., but tried.
It's good to have a job, but the hours are not guaranteed and it is almost impossible to get full time. They don't consider any of your past experience when promoting from within.
Walmart is a great place to work when you're just starting out in the adult life. They try to give you what you need but don't really care in the end. they forget a lot but if you stand out, you can move up in their business pretty fast.
Pros
paid coffee breaks
Its an interesting place to work. you are exposed to a wide variety of people and are told the most interesting things. it is a fast paced environment and is easy to get used to. Good Luck
i worked with people who made the day go by nicely and fast while still making sure all the customers were always happy and satisfied while working my shift.
Walmart is a great place to work with a reliable staff. I've had a chance to learn valuable customer service skills that apply in a wide range of situations.
As a cashier at Walmart I have strengthened my human relation skills and problem solving skills. I have made several friendships and strengthened teamwork skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the "family unit" inside Walmart.
Pros
You meet a lot of interesting people.
Cons
You deal with the difficult customers but still remain happy.
They are very unsatisfying to work for, they look for any reason to make you constantly work, even when injured. And are very inflexible even with such a large staff.
I did not have as much fun as I had at Domino's however some of the staff had actually cheered me up when I was down but I felt mistreated at times and uncomfortable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unfair to employees
I will share my opinion of Walmart with job interviewer! Overall my experience there has been very educational and positive.
worked at reception gate as greeter receiving people, welcoming and helping them in becoming comfortable during visit to he store.. Learned to deal with customers and handle till management. Team sprit from co-workers. Enjoyed every thing from dealing with customers at till and Greeting them whole day with a smiling face and cordial behaviour.
While working at walmart as a Front Cashier its a great place to have fun , i got experience working as a cashier, Customer Service, networking , excellent team work, very nice management, lots of flexibility.